• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:30:59 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

trying to find an asm hack

Started by saw2th, January 26, 2020, 12:13:44 am

saw2th

hi i am not sure what to search for, but i am just trying to find a hack that i read about once that causes the break ability and mighty sword ability to no longer deal damage if there isnt equipment present in the enemy target's slot? have tried searching but have not found it, yet.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

I'm confused... Mighty Sword already can't hit by default if the matching equipment is not present. And why it is an issue for break skills to cast a regular attack?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

yamish

As xif said the mighty sword abilities already do this in vanilla. For the break skills, Choto made a hack that does what you describe, where they DO NOT default to regular attack of no equipment present.

Go to the PSX hacking section of the forums. Click thread Important Links Check Here First. Scroll down to where it has a list of people's hacking threads and click choto. It's in the first post.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

saw2th

Thank you! WKW also gave me another hack that makes mighty sword have XX chance to break, as well.

saw2th

i was looking for that exact hack where you thanked raven. i had seen it a couple times before but just missed it for some reason.