• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:53:00 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Mercenaries Art Thread

Started by LastingDawn, November 15, 2008, 11:37:47 pm

StaticLynx

November 27, 2009, 11:26:00 am #280 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
So, so wait. D-Does...this mean you can possibly put my artwork to some use? I have plenty more if it's ever needed ^.^.

H-Hold on... *Starts erasing characters concept A's nose, moves onto B* This is gonna take me awhile, there's a lot of them...but I'll put some of them up when they are done, most deffinately ^.^. I'm working on a new male wizard right now...soo I'll stick that up here when I'm done too.

Sephirot24

November 27, 2009, 11:32:16 am #281 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
We'll be delighted to see you art! Welcome to FFH ^^
If you have a looooot of it, you can put every piece separately into a spoiler tag so we don't have to scroll down 20 pages.

Also, great concepts. Very detailed and nicely shaded. Only thing I'd point is that they're definitely anime looking (face) and not FFT looking at all. It's not something bad, but I just thought I'd state it clear. Good work :)

jimmyjw88

November 27, 2009, 11:39:09 am #282 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Those are very nice ^^
Great job. Welcome to FFH.
Looking forward for more.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

StaticLynx

November 27, 2009, 12:02:37 pm #283 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Hmm...it seems upon drawing my art..."is" more anime than final fantasy tactics style. I just tried it and unfortunately I can't draw FFT all too well, I mean I can but it still feels more anime stylish that FFT sooo...looks like the classes I have re-done aren't as useful as I hoped. I'll put the black mage up soon, I'm almost finished with it. This kinda blows though...*Sighs*
Bummer.

mav

November 27, 2009, 12:10:16 pm #284 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Nice! Concept art is always fun to see. Even though you have some concepts already drawn, maybe you could look through the job sprite ideas topic to see what needs some concept for the spriters. Like the Cantors and everyone else...

Great work; keep it up!

StaticLynx

November 27, 2009, 12:22:30 pm #285 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Tell me what you'd have me do good sir, and I'll do my best to make sure it gets done ^.^. I saw the thread, I could be put to use just about anywhere, sooo...*Nods* tell me what needs assistance and I'll do my best >.<

LastingDawn

November 27, 2009, 01:03:29 pm #286 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Certainly, you seem to have a good grasp on a traditional style, not quite Yoshida, but differing styles never hurt anyone, it would be in the same vein as SplashWoman's fantastic art pieces, let's see...

Cantor Male/Female
Invoker Female
Blue Mage Male/Female
Warder Male/Female
Traveler Female

That's all that comes to mind, but I can surely think of more, and as always, production art of the same character twice is hardly a bad thing. You have a great style and I would love to see what you could contribute, so to give you a bit of a break... Let's just see what you come up with on the Male Cantor for now. If the work is exceptional, the sprite will be based off of your design.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

StaticLynx

November 27, 2009, 01:34:50 pm #287 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
*Giggles* Yay! Mr.LD has potentially hired me from the soldiers office, I did say I working on a mage didn't I? *Flicks fingers* Just your luck it's a male. He may be possibly to dark for your taste due to a cantor being the will of the heavens, but...I think none the less his should meet your expectations, that is so long as you're expecting a anime style ^.^, especially since this is more or less a re-done priest.

LastingDawn

November 27, 2009, 03:01:25 pm #288 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
An interesting look, the face sort of looks like Balthier in a way, his original production art anyhow. The look of the sprite however... it just looks a bit too similar to the Shrine Knights which already abound in FFT's world, as it stands he looks a bit similar to Rofel, in that way. The bag's a nice touch though.

Art of War

StaticLynx

November 27, 2009, 03:07:27 pm #289 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Oh deary, I ish sorry if I've let you down. So this isn't suitable? Well...would you like me to try again? (It was a hammer btw, not a bag, but yea...I can see how you get a bag XD, darn, can't blame me for trying here.)

LastingDawn

November 27, 2009, 03:35:56 pm #290 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, certainly. If you're willing to try it, something less conforming to the look of the church's lackeys.

Art of War

StaticLynx

November 27, 2009, 03:55:57 pm #291 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
That's shocking to hear, from someone who runs the church. XD. I ish just kidding, anyways I'll see what I can do, I have lot's of cleric drawings...but it's futile to use them considering more or less all clerics are holy, thus they look churchy hmm...my cellphone battery is almost dead :/ (I'm using that to take the picmatures, and well my charger is at college, and I'm home on break I don't go back until sunday evening...ugh, I'm sorry Funeral/Funebris.)

I'll take one more, that I already have done, it's only like three inches big, so can't really critque its detail, it's a girl, so lets see if it can run as a female cantor, and if not, tell me your expectations and we can run from there ^.^. I hope I'm helping Sir LD! :3

(I don't scratch that I hate the eyes...but...then again they're little pencil lines so there isn't much I can do about them. XD Pretty sad you can see it so well when it reality it's beyond tiny >.< It's crap to me but I hope it helps you.)

LastingDawn

November 28, 2009, 12:03:40 pm #292 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That's an interesting look, in a way the bottom part reminds me of Mullenkamp's dress which is a nice reference to her, and for a first copy it looks great, would you mind making it more intune with the more detailed style shown in your earlier work though? I think this one has good potential.

Art of War

StaticLynx

November 28, 2009, 12:35:13 pm #293 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Thank you Mr. LD, I'll get right on it. I don't suppose (totally irrelavent by the way.) ou have a completed sprite set of Funeral/Funebris? I am in search of one...desperately.

mav

November 28, 2009, 12:36:24 pm #294 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
That last one, with some more details and perhaps some color suggestions, could definitely work out somewhere. I like the hooded guy a lot, but LD knows what goes.

StaticLynx

November 28, 2009, 02:27:16 pm #295 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
I know this isn't completely to the task you assigned me...but well I think you might find GREAT use for these, when I saw you had nothing yet for the archer...I was like..."Hmm..." (Archers is my specialty I have hundreds) And since I didn't know if you were re-doing them, I figured you could take a small look at my inventory and see if any of them are useful. (Saw FF Crystal Chronicles Cantor, so now I have a basis to refer to, in which to create one.

Hope you enjoy these, I had fun making them in my Bio101 class a few weeks back XD. (I really like the third one, sorry about the poor quality I truly am, I just wanted to get as many in one shot as possible for you guys. ^.^. I have wayyyy too many fantasy drawings unfortunately black/white mage is what I'm short on...wait! I have my album from last year hold on I know there is a hot white mage in there, lemme get back to you ^.^)

StaticLynx

November 28, 2009, 02:36:58 pm #296 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by StaticLynx
Good sir I believe I found you your male Arabolist, and Female Cantor. Well I mean...I hope I did, hope these help <3. I know the cantor may be a little off due to the fact that she resembles the already exsisting white mage, but I believe my Arabolist is dead on :3. From what I gathered you Arabolists seem a lot like hunters, but meh it isn't my place to question. Hope these help your production. (i.e. my cellphone is now d.e.a.d. sooo I can't get you more photos of what I have or draw until monday when I go back to college...again sorry :/)

Sephirot24

November 28, 2009, 08:12:11 pm #297 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Arbalist concept looks really accurate, looking at what's been suggested in the sprite topic. Female cantor's robe has a simple but nice design, I like ^^

The 1st caped mage you posted looks awesome, I really like the dark and hooded style (like the 4th archer in your other post). Unfortunately I don't think it'll fit the male cantor, as I said it's kinda too dark themed.

We'll be waiting to see more of your drawings. If you're gonna work on new stuff, you can check this topic:
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3448
You can get some pointers there for some specific jobs.

mav

November 28, 2009, 08:24:57 pm #298 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Whoa, I love those bottom two Archers, and that male Arbalist is freaking epic. The female Cantor is really hot--like a Priest with more form-fitting clothes. Very nice. Let's see what becomes of all this.

jimmyjw88

November 28, 2009, 09:11:00 pm #299 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Wow, the Archers, Arbalist and Cantor are amazing. That hooded Archers and that Arbalist are epic. Yes, the Cantor is hot ^^
Very nice work.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.