• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:58:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Suggestions

Started by VincentCraven, October 31, 2007, 07:40:46 pm

Asmo X

November 04, 2007, 09:53:05 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Ack. No learning and no hidden move set for Blue Magic please. That'll just be a major annoyance.

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 10:13:15 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Err... you'll have to explain to me how that is. You can still learn them normally...

Btw, the hidden skill might as well not even be there! When can you learn Ultima 2 anyway?

Right now I'm thinking about adding the Chicken Sword, but I have to make sure that no one is wielding the weapon. Which sword should be changed? It'll be like Nagrarock but with add: Chicken instead of add: Frog. They be teh funny weapons!
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Asmo X

November 04, 2007, 10:24:09 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "VincentCraven"Err... you'll have to explain to me how that is. You can still learn them normally...

Btw, the hidden skill might as well not even be there! When can you learn Ultima 2 anyway?

Right now I'm thinking about adding the Chicken Sword, but I have to make sure that no one is wielding the weapon. Which sword should be changed? It'll be like Nagrarock but with add: Chicken instead of add: Frog. They be teh funny weapons!

Oh. I misunderstood everything

Just pick a sword that is made completely redundant by another.

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 10:31:46 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I'll have to make sure also that no enemies automatically have it equipped

Example: Change Long Sword -> Wizard Mantle
--Battle on the Bridge: Knight has Wizard Mantle equipped in hand

Trust me, it has happened. It won't be a big deal once I add the ENTD4.ENT patch, since I can remove/equip whatever I choose.

Prinygod

November 04, 2007, 10:41:35 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Prinygod
Quote from: "VincentCraven"I can definitely have Ultima 2 be on there, since it is only available... what, the last/ second-last battle? The set is pretty full, I can only put one more skill on there as of now. I already plan on taking off Beaking just because it doesn't quite fit.

Wind Soul is definitely a problem at low levels. I think I have a fix. I'll post the new patch along with a bug topic.

What i ment was to make the entire skill set hidden, not to add a move like Ultima 2. Think about it, in past games blue mages could only learn by being hit by the ability. I can understand if you dont want to do this, but thats what i meant by my previous post.

Chocobo meteor only shows the attack animation and damage for one enemy. When blue mage uses wave around the attack is hanging for 2-3 seconds on the last enemy hit, but i have only tried it while attacking 2 enemies. Calm spirit is still caster immune but i dont know if that is intentional or not.

should we make a new thread for glitches and suggestions?
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 10:45:33 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
-That could work, but the nature of this game makes that kinda... I dunno. Only if everyone else REALLY wants it.

-Just mention any glitches in the Beta files page. I probably won't be too quick to fix it if it's just looks

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 10:53:31 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I have problems with some of your changes...

First:
Lamia harp shouldn't cast Ultima. In fact, it should inflict nifty bad statuses.

Probably Don't Act, adding in poison could be OK too...

Second:
Ever tried blocking something with a spear? They are made to stab. No way you can easily block with those. I'd give them 15-20% max.

And suggestions that I forgot mentioning:

Make Ultima decent. 60-80MP cost while being STRONG; No shit.

Give Monsters Status immunities. Every monsters are extremely weak agaisnt zodiacs because they can just cast Nightmare on 'em.
And Oracle + Paralyze = Monster pwn'ed

Just give them enough so that there is an actual advantage to using them.

And to think a bomb can be soaked with oil; ROFL!  :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Asmo X

November 04, 2007, 10:53:57 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Bah. that's what I was talking about re the hidden movelist. It has always been a stupid idea to give no hint about which spells are learnable. It was tedious enough in traditional FF games; can you imagine what it will be like in Tactics?

VincentCraven

November 04, 2007, 11:19:53 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
- Casting magic seemed like the way to go, but I can certainly switch it to status effect on the Harp

- Really? No, I've never tried blocking with any type of weapon. I'm guessing Sticks are the same way?

- Are you talking about Ramza's Ultima? I guess since it comes in during chapter 4...

- Definitely overlooked Monster immunities

Xifanie

November 04, 2007, 11:41:04 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Depends, wooden stick can be quite fast for blocking. BUt the ones made from metal would be too heavy. We're talking of FFT here (long sticks only) so only non-metal sticks could get average-good evade %.

Just so you know: the tip of a spear is always made of steel (Of course, there are bamboo spears, but they break easily with hard hits). So, when holding the weapon, the weight is much higher because it is located at the tip of the weapon. Therefore just raising the tip of a spear quickly requires a lot of strength. That's mainly why they were uses on horses. Because you can hardly move the spear, the horse is very helpful as all its running power is transmitted to the spear during the impact.

Spears: low %
Metal Sticks (if any): low %
other Sticks: average to high %
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

karsten

November 05, 2007, 03:25:38 am #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac"I have problems with some of your changes...

First:
Lamia harp shouldn't cast Ultima. In fact, it should inflict nifty bad statuses.

Probably Don't Act, adding in poison could be OK too...

in square games Lamias usually Drain life and causes charm.... so i think it would be more fitting

Xifanie

November 05, 2007, 07:01:49 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
D'oh, my memory is rusty I was sure they were annoying enemies inflicting Paralysis on my chars >_>'

Ah well.

Argg0

November 05, 2007, 10:18:24 am #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Quote from: "Zodiac"Depends, wooden stick can be quite fast for blocking. BUt the ones made from metal would be too heavy. We're talking of FFT here (long sticks only) so only non-metal sticks could get average-good evade %.

Just so you know: the tip of a spear is always made of steel (Of course, there are bamboo spears, but they break easily with hard hits). So, when holding the weapon, the weight is much higher because it is located at the tip of the weapon. Therefore just raising the tip of a spear quickly requires a lot of strength. That's mainly why they were uses on horses. Because you can hardly move the spear, the horse is very helpful as all its running power is transmitted to the spear during the impact.

Spears: low %
Metal Sticks (if any): low %
other Sticks: average to high %

Tell that to Kilik or Seong Mi-na (I consider Naginata some kind of Spear)...

<_<

Anyway, I agree with hidden Blue Magic and not learnable thru JP, just like Ultima or Zodiac.

Xifanie

November 05, 2007, 04:21:07 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Naginata = Slashing
Spear = Stabbing

However the design is between the sword and the spear... more spearish.

Yeah they were made light but there ain't no naginata in FFT. =)

Chrona

November 05, 2007, 04:23:11 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Well to be honest, the spear might not be that bad for blocking. since the tip is heavier, it actually gives it a harder slash down, and could surprise the other person and knock his weapon out of his hand
Silver Noble

VincentCraven

November 05, 2007, 07:11:00 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I'll probably reduce spear W.Ev, but I want to see how this works out...

karsten

November 06, 2007, 03:34:24 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
if you're going to make one, have it lower the brave not just add:chicken otherwise the effect will vanish as soon as the unit takes a turn.

Xifanie

November 06, 2007, 07:05:00 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Fix Protect/Shell bug.
I never found Protect 2 worth it for +2 vertical tolerance while chance of inflicting it was 57% instead of 85%.

VincentCraven

November 06, 2007, 07:15:49 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
If I can, I probably will also make it lower brave, but changing to chicken for half a turn can still be useful...

If by fix the bug you mean increase chance of success, I have already boosted it to 240. Otherwise, you must clarify.

Xifanie

November 06, 2007, 04:25:01 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
=o D'oh, I don't remember reading that.