• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Kagebunji

I said once I wanted to do something and I did it. I tried adding hat, but it looked weird, and I wasn't eager to use Elidibs' hat. Tell me if you like it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

Quote from: "Kagebunji"I said once I wanted to do something and I did it. I tried adding hat, but it looked weird, and I wasn't eager to use Elidibs' hat. Tell me if you like it.

Wow, nice sprite. Who is that?

Kagebunji

Well Et will most likely use it for Necromancer. He wants me to erase goatee, but I like it soo much :( Here is the purple version we talked about Et(I like white WAY more, better contrast and crap):
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

I personally like purple. Damn, I like the goatee to. Anyways; usually generics don't have facial hair.

Eternal

Thanks to Pride's wonderful event editing skills, Newtype can now have Missions by reading certain rumors. Some Missions will be a story arc taking place over various chapters, while others are a good opportunity to steal and win decent items and Gil. Also, in case you've not figured it out, Newtype will be split into two patches. This means a crapload of new battles and story events! Listed below is a flowchart of all the new events and battles taking place in Chapter 1.

Orbonne Monastery Events (Same as Vanilla, with new script- see topic.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Gariland Magic City Events (same as Vanilla, with new script- see topic.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Balbanes' Death Flashback (same as Vanilla, with new script- see topic.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Mandalia Plains (Must save Algus, but elsewise same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Igros Castle (Same as Vanilla, with new script- see topic.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Scholarly Skirmish Mission Unlocks (Mission at Gariland against various mages as practice for them.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Sweegy Woods (See new script in topic with Gerard.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Dorter Trade City (Same as Vanilla, with new script- see topic.)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Of Breeding and Brigandry Mission Unlocks (Mission at Sweegy Woods where the party must stop thieves who are breeding monsters.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Sand Rat's Cellar (See ENTD in topic.)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Algus v. Wiegraf 1-on-1 (Algus rushes in before Ramza and party and tries to stop Wiegraf, objective is to defeat Wiegraf.)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Normal Sand Rat Cellar Event (Algus evades an attack from Wiegraf, and Ramza/Delita enter, tell Algus to stay back, normal Vanilla event continues.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Gariland Magic City Church (Elmdore wishes to pray, and is encountered by a mysterious man, Kletian, who offers him a

trinket- Gemini.)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Igros Castle (Same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Withering Earth Mission Unlocks (Battle vs. Lich in Zeklaus Desert- needed to unlock the battle vs. Marilith)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Thieves' Fort (Same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Igros Defense (Zalbag and Dycedarg team up to rout the Corpse Brigade from the castle; battle ends with more brigands
entering and Dycedarg telling Zalbag he'll fend them off, just to rescue Alma [specifically do not mention Tietra].)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Tietra's Kidnapping (Same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Wounded Dycedarg/Algus Leaving (Same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Khamjan Connection Mission Unlocks (Battle against Brigands/Assassins/Snipers at Dorter, using Dorter Hospital's Map)
   |
   |
   |
   |
   v
Lenalia Plateau (See ENTD in topic.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
A Beastmaster's Will (Scene unlocked at Igros where Gerard confronts his father about wanting to be an explorer. Requires Gerard.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Windmill Shed (Same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Sands of Time Mission Unlocks (Ramza is hired to look for a Golden Hourglass supposedly found within ruins in Zeklaus Desert,
and finds a demon that controls time. Uses Bed Desert's map.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Fort Zeakden (Same as Vanilla/Last version of Newtype; see ENTD.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Igros Pass (Zalbag and the Northern Sky Knights must fend off Wiegraf and the remaining Corpse Brigade. Battle ends once
Wiegraf is taken to Critical, and if possible, you hear Zeakden exploding in the background.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Zeakden's Explosion/Delita's Sorrow (Same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Ramza Fleeing (Same as Vanilla)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Confrontation at Igros (Go to Igros where you confront Zalbag about Tietra's death.)
   |
   |
   |
   V
Alma's Farewell (Directly after, Alma bids farewell to Ramza as he leaves the life of a highborn behind.)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Pub Crawling (Directly after Alma's Farewell, Ramza meets Gafgarion and Rad, who recruit Ramza, who can no longer bear to use his Beoulve name.)
   |
   |
   |
   v
Chapter 1 End
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Yes, but I'm sure he can use help. I'm writing up the scripts, picking out the music, and doing the ENTDs for the battles, while he's inserting them in-game. I know you want to help do some event editing, so feel free to ask Pride if he needs any help. ^_^
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

ffta707

It would be more appropriate to have a team of event editors anyways. I would be taken aback if pride did all of that grunt work on his own. Just tell me if you need help Pride.

EDIT:

You also created the jobs ;)

I'm assuming your doing patcher/ Tactext?

Eternal

Actually, there is something you can do if you wouldn't mind it. Just insert the new script that I've already posted for Chapter 1. That way, Pride and I can continue working on the new events.

Kill_Bones

Question, you are doing the 4 fiends from FF1? If so, won't there be a problem with Tiamat since there is already a Tiamat generic?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Eternal

Who said anything about there being a Tiamat generic anymore? :P

FFTA: Thus far, just do what I've posted. I'll post more as the day goes on.

ffta707

Although I guess I shouldn't do it until I finish S4. Forgot about that.

Pride

When you have time, I appreciate any help you can give.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

ffta707

Sure thing pride. Hit me after season 4 is over. In case I need to record.

Don't want to get stuck in any problems.

Eternal

New script up to Fort Zeakden. In other words, all 5 of Chapter 1's missions, and up to Zeakden.

-Scholarly Skirmish (Mission 1)-

Ramza: You are the mages the Academy wants us to spar with, correct?

Mage Trainee: Yes, sir. We must refine our arts if we're to become as powerful as Sir Elidbus!

Ramza: Well then, I suppose we should begin.

Mage Trainee: Hold nothing back!

*battle ends*

Ramza: I must wonder if we were too hard on them...?

*mission ends*

-Of Breeding and Brigandry (Mission 2)-

Brigand: These monsters are gonna be amazing! We'll let 'em loose on a full moon, they'll go into the city, and bam! Everyone

dies! Then we can take their stuff! Ahahaha!

Freelancer: Won't the city guard put them to rout, though? I don't think a few werewolves are going to be able to destroy an

entire city...

Brigand: Have faith, lad! During a full moon, these guys go into a fervor like none you've seen before! They'll ravage

everything in their path!

Freelancer: Including us, sir...?

Brigand: Well, erm...

*Ramza and party enters*

Ramza: You must be the ones responsible for breeding the wolves that the city-goers heard!

Brigand: You got a problem with that, kid?

Ramza: I'm taking you into prison. We won't allow you to cause havoc in the city!

Freelancer: Sir, I think we should just go in quietly...

Brigand: Hell no! C'mon, we're taking this lot to rest!

*battle ends*

Ramza: Where did they get access to those werewolves, anyways? They're rare in these parts, and hard to tame. I wonder if

someone else is behind this...

*mission ends*

-Sand Rat's Cellar-

Brigade Swordsman: How could Wiegraf massacre his own men? Such a thought is unbearable... Is this what our clan has come to?

*Ramza and party enter*

Ramza: What has happened here!?

Algus: Looks like they all got killed. Serves 'em right.

Brigade Swordsman: You are of the Northern Sky, aren't you!?

Ramza: That is so.

Brigade Swordsman: I shalln't let you pass, though I remain the only one alive! I will not fall, even by Wiegraf's hand!

Delita: Wiegraf was responsible for this bloodshed?

*battle begins*

*battle ends*

Ramza: Come, we've no time to waste! Elmdore must be within these ruins!

Algus: I'm coming, Marquis!

*Algus rushes off screen*

Delita: Algus, wait!

-Gustav and Wiegraf Swordfight-

Wiegraf: Gustav, lay down your blade. Are you blind to what I did to the other dissidents? I'll not hesitate to slay you as

well.

Gustav: It is you who is blind, Wiegraf! Do you not see that your revolution is bound to failure? We need food and a place to

sleep, not ideas, and we need it now! We cannot afford to wait any longer!

Wiegraf: You are nearsighted, Gustav. You see only the present, but you fail to see the overall scheme of things. To correct

what is wrong, you must build anew. That takes time, Gustav.

Gustav: Time we do not have! You think you can change the world? You can't, Wiegraf! No matter how hard you endeavor!

*Wiegraf steps forward*

Wiegraf: Have you spoken your last words, Gustav? Because I think you have.

*Gustav and Wiegraf swordfight, Gustav gets stabbed*

Gustav: You rebel... in vain... ugh...

*Gustav dies*

*Wiegraf pulls his sword out*

*Algus enters*

Algus: Marquis! Wiegraf!

Wiegraf: You must be a Northern Sky soldier. You are free to take the Marquis. Permit me escape, and Elmdore is yours. It was

not my intent to see him to harm.

Algus: I don't care what your intent was! You bastards deserve to die! I'll mete your judgment out now!

Wiegraf: You will, will you? I had not wanted this, but I must see my escape through.

*Algus and Wiegraf battle*

*during battle*

Wiegraf: Anger guides your bowgun. Logic and tact have taken loss of you. Your own hatred for us will leave you to your

grave.

Algus: Hatred!? You speak of hatred!? It is you rebels who hate us, despite all we've given you!

Wiegraf: Yes, you've given us much. Pain, despair, destitution...

Algus: I've no need for your sarcasm, pig!

Wiegraf: Would we were pigs, we'd be enriched in bacon. But as you've not noticed, apparently, our people starve whilst you

feast upon your lavish foodstock.

Algus: Starving is God's punishment for your rebellion!

Wiegraf: As pious as you are highborn. I shall enjoy putting you to rout.

*battle ends*

*Ramza and Delita enter*

Ramza: Algus! Wiegraf!

Wiegraf: I tire of this farce. The Marquis is yours to take. His wounds are not life-threatening.

Algus: I'm going to kill you here!

Wiegraf: Enough. One more step and the Marquis shall die by my hand. It was not my intention, however, to see him harmed.

Delita: Algus, enough. He's serious.

*The party circles around to Elmdore, and Wiegraf escapes*

Algus: Grr...

*Delita stops Algus*

Delita: Algus!

Algus: Why do you stop me!?

Elmdore: Ugh...

Ramza: He breathes. We must take him to Igros.

-Gariland Church-

Algus: Sir, are you well enough to make church?

Elmdore: Since my birth I have attended church... whenever I could... I cannot allow these wounds... to stop me now.

Algus: If you insist, sir.

*Kletian enters and kneels beside Elmdore at the altar*

Kletian: You look as though you just came from battle.

Elmdore: I suppose you could say I have.

Kletian: My magicks can heal you, should you will it.

Elmdore: I suppose your "magicks" come at a cost?

Kletian: I am a humble servant of the lord, sir. 'Tis my duty to heal the wounded.

*Kletian stands and raises his arms*

Algus: What are you doing!?

Kletian: Font of life, spring forth! Cure!

*Cure lands on Elmdore*

Elmdore: My wounds are not as painful as they were before. Thank you, friend.

Kletian: Oh no, 'tis you I must thank. I have a trinket for you. One blessed by the High Confessor himself. I believe you

would find it to be of good fortune for the future.

*Kletian takes out Gemini*

Elmdore: A gem? It appears to be engraved with a starsign...

Kletian: 'Tis yours now, friend. Bear it always.

Elmdore: You are too kind.

Kletian: So some would say. Until our paths meet again, farewell.

*Kletian leaves*

Algus: What a strange man...

Elmdore: This crystal... yes... I shall keep this on my person.

*scene ends*

-Igros Castle-

Dycedarg: I certainly hope you've an explanation for your actions, Ramza.

Ramza: I...

Dycedarg: Explain to me why you thought it to be a good idea to-

Delita: It was of my doing, sir. I coerced Ramza to go with me.

Dycedarg: Does Delita speak true, Ramza?

Ramza: No, brother. It was my decision to go, and mine alone.

Delita: No, it was I who-

Ramza: I needn't be defended, Delita. I take responsibility for disobeying an order.

Dycedarg: Would that everybody acted as lawlessly as you, the world would have no need for law at all! We Beoulves must set a

standard for our society, and that includes following orders as they are given. Do you seek to drag the Beoulve name through

the mud?

Ramza: ...I apologize, brother.

Man's Voice: Come now, Dycedarg, do not take leave of your memory. We were once as they.

*Duke Larg enters*

Dapper Man: Without their assistance, the Marquis may not be alive at all. As youth, we were once as eager as they.

Dycedarg: With all due respect, Duke Larg, there was a difference. Difference being that we obeyed orders, Your Highness.

Duke Larg: You must be Dycedarg's younger brother. Be at ease. You look just as your father did in his youth, before his

sorrowful passing. Although I daresay that youthful valor was not earned simply through guarding castle flanks...

Dycedarg: The Corpse Brigade is nearly disbanded. If you still wish to aid us, you can rout the forces cutoff at the old

fisherman's shelter south of Mandalia.

Ramza: ...Yes, brother.

*Ramza, Delita, and Algus leave*

Dycedarg: I apologize for my brother's actions, sir.

Larg: You needn't apologize. Gustav was much less of a turncoat than he was a soldier. His death was to be expected. Once

Elmdore was kidnapped, the plan could not be changed. In that matter, the Marquis now owes us a favor for his life being

saved. Thanks to Ramza, we are now in quite the admirable position...

Dycedarg: Omdoria's life hangs by a thread. We must hurry.

Larg: I count on you for this, Dycedarg.

-Withering Earth (Mission 3)-

Ramza: The wraith was spotted around this very area. Where could it be?

*Ramza moves and looks around*

Ramza: Ugh... all of a sudden, I feel so ill...

*A skeleton teleports in*

Lich: My hunter has drawn near! I shall feast upon your flesh this day!

Ramza: You must be the Lich that the caravaneer was attacked by!

Lich: The very same. How lucky he was that he escaped my grasp!

Ramza: He is cursed, now. His life draws to a close. You are a monstrosity. Death on earth! I shall lay you to rest!

Lich: You flatter me. And now, you shall join me in glorious undeath!

*battle begins*

*Lich reaches 50% HP*

Lich: You do not die as easily as the others. You are well trained, boy.

Ramza: I shalln't be beaten by a husk of a monster!

Lich: I am not alone, lad. There are others that stand beside me! Accept death, or know death by our hands!

Ramza: I'll not dance the reaper's dance just yet!

Lich: You've no choice! Ivalice is ours for the taking!

Ramza: Not so long as I draw breath!

Lich: A challenge I accept!

*battle ends*

Lich: Oh, how the desert sun burns! The irony, that a being as I to know death... Marilith... you must avenge me!

*Lich crystallizes*

Ramza: Marilith? There are more creatures like this? I should be careful...

*mission ends*

-Thief's Fort-

Miluda: Devout, would you lead us in our final prayers, please?

Corpse Devout: You would have us surrender, Miluda?

Corpse Magus: Surrender or not, we have to keep fighting until the nobles give us the apology we deserve!

Miluda: My brother is an optimist. He doesn't see what others can. In this case, he is blind to our impending defeat.

Corpse Brigand: The enemy approaches!

Algus: You helped me save the Marquis, Ramza. I'll repay the favor!

*Battle begins*

*Miluda's turn*

Miluda: Do you think of us as animals? We're human, just as you are! Our only difference is bloodrank. Have you ever been

hungry, with only broth to sup upon for days? Why is it that we must suffer as we do? It's because you nobles deprive us of

our right to live!

Algus: Don't flatter yourself, girlie. From the moment you came out of your whoremother's womb, you were destined to serve

us! Human? Don't make me laugh. You're an animal, like any other!

Miluda: What gives you that privlidge?

Algus: Not what- who!

Miluda: Who, then, would let you treat us like swine?

Algus: Foolish woman. It's the will of God!

Miluda: God would say no such thing! In His eyes, all are equal!

Algus: Animals have no god!

Miluda: ...it's pointless to speak to you highborns about such things...

Delita: Ramza, is she truly our enemy?

*Battle ends*

Miluda: Go on, then, make it fast. Kill us. Have mercy on us "animals".

Ramza: You are no animal...

Algus: Go on, Ramza, grant her wish! Kill her like the animal that she is! She's an enemy of the Beoulves! Hell, she's an

enemy of all humekind! Got that? Your enemy! She lost her right to live the moment she was born! Fail to kill her, and she'll

end up killing us! Her kind cannot coexist with us! Do it, Ramza! With your bare hands! Take pleasure in choking the life out

of her! Hahaha!

Delita: Ramza, don't listen to Algus. I don't see why she's our enemy...

Algus: Is there a problem, Delita? I swear I just heard you say she's not our enemy...

Delita: She's no animal! She's human, just as we are!

Algus: Why not just join these turncoats then, Delita?

Miluda: I'll not have your sympathy. So long as highborn blood runs through your veins, I will be your enemy.

*Miluda leaves*

Delita: Ramza...

Algus: By the gods, you lot are fowlhearted!

-Inside Igros Castle-

"Meanwhile, back at Igros..."

Brigand: Damn, we got caught! C'mon, we have to get out of here before the guards get here!

*Zalbag comes out of the door*

Zalbag: Found you! Dycedarg, the brigands have fled to the inner keep!

*Dycedarg comes out the other door*

Dycedarg: You knaves think to invade Beoulve Manse and not find death? Fools.

Zalbag: Brother, we must rout these Brigadesmen.

Brigand: It's Zalbag and Dycedarg Beoulves! The generals! We can't possibly win!

Brigand: It's OK, kid, we got numbers on our side. The two of them can't take the six of us!

Zalbag: In the fires of war, strategy outclasses number!

Dycedarg: Enough talk. You die now.

*Brigand's turn*

Brigand: No guards, eh? You're a confident lot!

Dycedarg: No need for guards when we can handle you ourselves.

Brigand: So certain, eh? We got your little girlies. Gragoroth is taking 'em as we speak!

Zalbag: Girlies...? Wait! You don't mean Alma!

Brigand: Is that her name? What about the other one, eh?

Dycedarg: We must kill them quickly. Come, Zalbag!

*battle ends*

*More Brigands appear*

Dycedarg: Go, Zalbag! Rescue Alma! Leave them to me!

Zalbag: Very well.

*Zalbag leaves*

-Outside Igros-

Tietra: Please, just let me go!

*Tietra is taken*

Gragoroth: Make haste!

*A Brigand leaves the castle with Alma*

Alma: Unhand me! Brother! Help!

*Zalbag rushes out and cuts down the Brigand, saving Alma*

Gragoroth: We had best cut our losses.

*Gragoroth flees*

Zalbag: Alma, are you alright?

Alma: Yes, brother, but Tietra was taken...

Zalbag: Yes, I know.

*Dycedarg limps out*

Zalbag: Brother!

Dycedarg: I put the others to rout... but they wounded me... ugh...

Alma: Brother, what an awful wound!

Dycedarg: They came for me. I am certain of it.

Zalbag: Tietra was kidnapped, Dycedarg.

Dycedarg: Leave no stone unturned... until you find those bastards...

Alma: Speak no more, brother!

Dycedarg: Corpse Brigade... bastards...

Alma: No! Brother!

Zalbag: Alma, watch over him! I must find an Alchemist!

-Dycedarg's Bedchambers-

Dycedarg: I hear you destroyed their hideout... very nice. Leave the rest to Zalbag and take rest. You needn't worry. This

wound is far from fatal.

Ramza: What of Tietra?

Dycedarg: As soon as their base is discovered, we will mobilize troops and raid it.

Ramza: But if Tietra is their hostage...

Dycedarg: The Brigade falls apart with each passing hour. The plan is made, and we will not attack unless we are certain of

Tietra's safety. Rest assured, Ramza, I will not see her to harm. She is as a sister to me.

-Outside Beoulve Manse-

Ramza: Delita, calm yourself!

Delita: 'Calm yourself', you say!? How can I 'calm myself' at a time like this!?

Ramza: You don't even know where she is! Your search would be in vain!

*Delita pulls Ramza by his collar*

Delita: In vain!? She's my sister!

Ramza: Dycedarg said... that he'd... never abandon Tietra... Don't... Ugh... I can't breathe...!

*Delita lets Ramza go*

Delita: I'm sorry, Ramza. Are you alright?

Ramza: Yeah, *cough* *cough*.

*Algus enters*

Algus: "Never" is a word I "never" believe in.

Ramza: You say my brother is lying?

Algus: Would that I were a general, I'd not let a commoner get in the way of the greater good.

Delita: What!?

Algus: I said I would let you commoners rot!

Delita: How dare you!

*Delita punches Algus*

Ramza: Delita, stop!

Delita: Unhand me, Ramza! Dammit! Let go!

Algus: Leave it to a commoner to think with his fists. Endeavor does not earn highborn blood, you dog! Got that, Delita? You

could never be one of us!

Delita: Go to hell!

Ramza: Enough! Both of you!

*Algus stands*

Algus: Ramza, open your eyes. He's not one of us. Us nobles cannot be seen tarrying about with his type.

Ramza: You lie! He's my good friend! We're as brothers!

Algus: My point exactly. Don't try to be friends with it. You are the son of Balbanes Beoulve, a lord among lords! Would that

I asked Dycedarg or Zalbag, I'm sure they'd agree.

*Delita pushes Ramza aside*

Delita: Not all nobles are like you! I trust Ramza!

*Delita leaves*

Ramza: Begone! I never wish to see you again!

Algus: Such harsh words! Aren't we friends, Ramza?

*Ramza steps forward*

Ramza: I'll not repeat myself! Begone!

*Algus begins to walk off, but stops*

Algus: I hear their base is at Fort Zeakden, to the north. The pass to the south is heavily guarded by the Brigade, so the

only way to get in unseen would be through the plateau, around to the east. Well, I suppose I should 'begone' by now. I pray

for your victory, my dear little highborn.

Ramza: Go!

*Algus leaves*

-Mandalia Plains-

Delita: It's beautiful, isn't it? Tietra's watching the same sunset somewhere, I'm sure.

Ramza: Delita, I'm sure Tietra's alright...

Delita: For a long time now, Ramza, I've felt out of place.

Ramza: Do Algus' words trouble you?

Delita: I suppose that some things just cannot be changed, no matter how hard one tries...

Ramza: Don't say that. If you endeavor it...

Delita: Would endeavor grant me an army!? Would that I could rescue Tietra with these hands of mine... but I cannot. I'm

useless...

Ramza: Delita...

*Delita picks up a reed*

Delita: Remember when Father taught us how to play music on a reed?

*Ramza and Delita play the reed whistle*

-Khamjan Connection (Mission 4)-

Ramza: This abandoned hospital is where the petitioner claims there are shadowy figures entering at night... but who could

they be?

Assassin: I hear a voice!

Brigand: The city guard, maybe?

Sniper: I saw a bill in the pub earlier looking to investigate this place!

Assassin: You think someone responded to it?

Sniper: The reward was pretty high.

Assassin: Dammit. Lord Barrington said this place was safe for us to use as a base...

Ramza: Barrington...? The weaponslord?

Assassin: There's that voice again. C'mon, let's see what's going on!

*battle ends*

Ramza: What does Barrington have to do with these suspicious people? A base? Whatever for...? I should report this to the

petitioner, and the city guard, for that matter. This place is dangerous.

*mission ends*

-Lenalia Plateau-

Miluda: My escape route blocked here as well... I suppose this is the end...

*Ramza and company enter*

Miluda: So you would pursue me here as well? I'm sorry comrades... I cannot avenge you.

Delita: Miluda! Tell me where Tietra is!

Miluda: That Beoulve Gragoroth took?

Delita: She's no more a Beoulve than you!

Miluda: And what about you? Will you return to us all that you've taken from us? We only ask for that. But no! You just

continue to keep on taking! You leave us no choice but to retaliate. Just surrender, nobles! We have no reason to return her!

Delita: I...

*Spirits teleport in*

Ramza: What's happening?

Spirit: Miluda. You have forsaken us. In even Paradise, our souls immemorially know pain. You shall share our pain.

Miluda: I... I cannot.

Spirit: Miluda Folles, you have long wished respite from your empty existence. You shall have it.

Ramza: The sprits of her fallen comrades must be feasting off of her despair... We must stop them!

Miluda: Again, I'll not have your mercy! Begone, spirits!

*Battle begins*

*Miluda's turn*

Miluda: I can't die until this revolution is over! I am Miluda Folles, General of the Corpse Brigade. I will not die here.

Not now!

Ramza: You speak of revolution, but is such a thing necessary? I'll speak to my brothers- no, to Duke Larg himself! I'll make

him see your plight!

Miluda: I tire of your lies, and most of all, your ignorance! You think you can make right in this world, but you can only

change what you can see! I see so much more than you do... I see children on the street, dying because they haven't been fed

in days. These spirits can see it, too. There is no freedom, even in death! Ramza, I vowed that so long as highborn blood

runs through your vains, that you are my enemy. I shall uphold that vow.

Ramza: Miluda...

*Miluda dies*

Miluda: Brother... forgive me...

*Miluda crystallizes*

Ramza: This could have been avoided...

Delita: Dammit, what have I done!? What have I become...?

-A Beastmaster's Will; Igros-

Gerard: This is my family's home. That is, when they're not in the fields turning chocobo dung.

Ramza: Do you wish to see them before we leave?

Gerard: Yeah. That'd be nice.

Ramza: I'll leave you to your privacy then.

Gerard: Thanks.

*Gerard enters his home*

Gerard's Father: So, you finally show your face around here, boy.

*Gerard's father turns to see Gerard enter*

Gerard: I'm sorry I had to leave on such short notice, father. But I've made a decision. I'm going to become an explorer.

Gerard's Father: Do you not care about this family's honor?

Gerard: In all honesty father, no, I don't. I want to live my life how I wish. I want to see the world!

*Gerard stands next to his father*

Gerard's Father: And what about your mother? Don't you care about her?

Gerard: Mother would want me to be happy. Don't you want me to be happy?

Gerard's Father: You can be happy taming chocobos.

Gerard: You just don't get it, father...

Gerard's Father: The one who doesn't get it is you, Gerard. Our family has spent centuries becoming famed chocobo ranchers.

To abandon centuries of work... for your own selfish desires!? How could you!?

Gerard: I am not a name. I am myself. And I can make my own decisions. Whether or not you agree with them is a different

matter altogether! Father, tell mother I love her. If you can't accept my choice, then you choose not to see me again.

*Gerard's father turns away from Gerard*

Gerard's Father: Fine, kid! See if I care! You bring shame upon your family!

Gerard: ...farewell.

*Gerard meets Ramza out on the street*

Ramza: How did it go?

Gerard: I see for myself now that I made the right decision. No life is worth living if you can't make a life for yourself.

Ramza: Gerard...

Gerard: C'mon, let's go.

-Windmill Shed-

Wiegraf: Why did you kidnap the girl?

Gragoroth: I needed a hostage to escape the manse.

Wiegraf: Then why did you not let her go afterwards? Unless... have you decided to betray us as well, Gragoroth?

Gragoroth: Do not put me with Gustav. Think, Wiegraf. We lost most of our men, and we're surrounded by Northern Sky knights.

This Beoulve is our trump card! With her, we can escape!

*Wiegraf and Gragoroth look at Tietra*

Wiegraf: What good is there in escape? Even should we escape now, our capture is inevitable. We must fight here so that our

kin needn't fight as we have had to! A small stone may make but a ripple at first, but one day, it will make a wave... even

if we must die here.

Gragoroth: So you would have us die.

Wiegraf: Not in vain. If we're bound to hell, drag as many highborn louts with you as possible!

Gragoroth: We'll die like dogs out there!

Wiegraf: There may yet be survivors at Zeakden. If you join them, you may yet have a chance to escape.

*A soldier comes in and tells Wiegraf about Miluda's death*

Wiegraf: No, Miluda...! Slain by Northern Sky hands... Miluda...

Corpse Scout: It'll just be a matter o' time 'til they get here, sir!

Wiegraf: Very well, retreat then. Gragoroth, you heard me. Make for Zeakden, and leave the girl here!

Corpse Lookout: The Northern Sky are within sight!

*Soldier rushes out*

Wiegraf: Already? Very well, I'll hold them here. Gragoroth, go now!

*Wiegraf exits*

Gragoroth: I refuse to die!

*Gragoroth looks at Tietra*

-Windmill Shed Battle-

Wiegraf: So it was you who killed my sister, Miluda.

Ramza: She was your sister!?

Wiegraf: You've given me no choice. In Miluda's name, I shall have vengeance!

Delita: Wait! Give Tietra back!

Wiegraf: Tietra? You mean the maiden that Gragoroth took hostage at Igros? That must mean that you are a Beoulve.

Ramza: Must everyone associated with my family be of it!?

Wiegraf: The girl was to be released regardless. But I shall exact my vengeance, first. Should you wish to see the girl

again, you need cross blades with me!

*battle begins*

Ramza: Lay down your blade, Wiegraf! You needn't cause any unnecessary bloodshed!

Wiegraf: You are a hypocrite. You slay my sister then lecture me of 'unnecessary bloodshed'.

Ramza: I had no intention of killing her! Can we not talk about this like men?

Wiegraf: Men fight not for themselves, but for their comrades! You still do not understand why we raise blades? What good

comes from talking? You claim to want the best for us, but would your brothers? I think not!

Ramza: My brothers do not wish to continue fighting!

Wiegraf: No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale!

*Wiegraf goes to critical*

Wiegraf: I have underestimated you. I apologize, Miluda, but I cannot avenge you here.

Ramza: Wiegraf, wait!

Wiegraf: Think, Beoulve, of who had Gustav kidnap the Marquis. It was Dycedarg. Zalbag knew of the plot as well, most likely!

Ramza: No Beoulve would do such a thing!

Wiegraf: The two Lions yearn for the throne for when the King dies. The White Lion, Larg, and the Black Lion, Goltana. Both

seek to test their allies, to know who is truly loyal. But it's hard to decipher true loyalty these days. Thus, it's in their

best interest to kill them all and bring in who you know you can trust. Gustav was weak. He was lured in by Dycedarg's silver

tongue... and golden Gil.

Ramza: You lie!

Wiegraf: Then open your eyes, and see for yourself. Farewell.

*Wiegraf rides away on Boco*

Ramza: Come back!

*In the windmill after battle*

Delita: Tietra? Tietra, where are you!?

Delita: Damn! Wiegraf lied!

Ramza: Delita, we must continue onto Zeakden. I'm sure Tietra is there.

*Delita begins to cry*

Ramza: Delita...

-Sands of Time (Mission 5)-

Ramza: The petitioner said the Gold Hourglass is somewhere within these ruins... but where could it be?

*An Apanda teleports in with Stop's animation*

Apanda: You seek what you cannot have. Turn back.

Ramza: What are you!?

Apanda: I am the guardian of these ruins. In ages long past, this was once an island in the sky, held afloat by an ore known

as Skystone. Within was a temple worshipping the divinity of time. The Hourglass you seek is that temple's most sacred relic.

I cannot allow you to have that.

Ramza: But the petitioner needs it to free his friend from a curse!

Apanda: Should you seek to stay, I am within my orders to send you to oblivion.

Ramza: I'm sorry... I know you seek to protect this place, but I must have that hourglass!

*Battle begins*

*Apanda reaches 50% HP*

Apanda: I have seen the destruction and rebirth of this world by hume hands. As they destroy, they can also rebuild. Do you

seek to destroy, or do you seek to create?

Ramza: I can only be myself. No more and no less.

Apanda: A wise answer. But wisdom from a dead man is wisdom wasted.

*Apanda dies*

Apanda: The Golden Hourglass... is I.

Ramza: What!?

Apanda: The oracles of the temple knew of Ivalice's imminent destruction. To protect me, the Hourglass, they transformed me

into this being. That I may defend the temple even after its destruction. By destroying me, you have destroyed what you have

come to seek. Farewell, brigand.

*The Apanda disappears*

Ramza: Brigand...? I merely wished to help someone in need... I suppose I should report this to the petitioner...

*mission ends*

Eternal

I have a new laptop now, meaning work on Newtype will be done even faster. I'll spend tonight getting the stuff I need on here to continue. Thanks for the patience!

ffta707

ET you mentioned Rad - Squire with Knight. Did a quick sprite, NO portrait. Here is a concept.

Eternal

ffta707

Quote from: "Eternal248"That actually looks pretty cool, I think.

It's just a rough draft. We could always customize it a bit; maybe some new colors, or armor.