• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Eternal

For now, most of the effects are just placeholders. Particularly Enmity, Awakening, and Bulwark. I'll most likely get different animations for them once I go through R999's effect exhibition videos and find better ones.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Good news: Weapons are done.

Bad news: Weapons with new ranges don't seem to read their new ranges. So Stout Spear still hits in 2 panels, rather than the new 1 panel. I need to talk with FFM or Philsov and figure out how to fix it.

EDIT: Strike that. Problem's fixed.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

In two weeks, I'll be releasing a demo. The demo will feature four battles:

Sand Rat Cellar
Wiegraf vs. Algus
Thieve's Fort
Igros Defense

Since I'm not fully done with each class' skills, each battle will have set allies, but the jobs featured will be more than enough to keep you interested. ^_^

Every weapon in Newtype will be yours to use in the demo, and each character will have Equip Change so you can play with the new weapons all you want. Included will also be a save file right before Sand Rats, of course.

For you sprite fanatics out there, the sprites featured for some of the jobs are as follow (at least until I get custom, unique sprites for them):

-Melodia Fenzol for female Performer
-Canoneer for male Viking
-Lenneth Valkyrie for female Viking
-Werewolf for well, Werewolf
-Demetrius for Gerard
-Male Rogue for Male Brigand
-Female Rogue for Female Brigand
-Generic Male Warlock for Male Magus
-Generic Female Warlock for Female Magus
-High White Mage for Male Devout
-Generic Female White Mage for Female Devout
-Guardian for Male Paladin
-Scholar for Male Scholar
-Lucavi Follower for Male Necromancer
-Miluda (Custom) for Miluda

ffta707

Can't wait. Good work Eternal!

If this demo is released, I propose this topic gets it's own forum.

Kill_Bones

Eternal gets his own forum anyway if he becomes admin. Looking foward to playing this if I ever get a new comp =P

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Eternal

Ugh, I feel you there. My last notebook was a pile of crap. Could barely run ePSXe and Firefox at the same time.

And if I do happen to somehow become admin, I'd wait until the demo came out. It's what Zodiac would will, so I'd follow that.

Gotwald

-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

ffta707

I know. Thanks gotwald. I realized what was going on after I viewed some forum.

I noticed that on the homepage - wasn't sure what she meant.

EDIT:

I believe this patch has plenty of content, and should be hosted on the new youtube channel. I thought it was pretty ridiculous that it wasn't already.

Eternal

Thanks to Kagebunji, the Tonberry is in Newtype and working nearly perfectly! When I institute the ARH, in order to use the Tonberry's skills, you'll need to use Stalk first, and then you can use its skills, which ranges from decreasing an enemy's HP to critical, to inflicting statuses, to damaging MP, to dealing damage based on lost HP. Expect it to be playable in the demo!

Kourama

i don't know if this was fixed or not but I downloaded the patch on page 1 to try out your patch and the male knight sprite you have is glitchy while using the attack command. And I tried this a few days ago.

Eternal

Heh, I wouldn't even bother with that patch. It's so old and outdated that it doesn't even matter anymore. I should've made a new topic long ago, but I really didn't want to spam the board. Wait until the demo comes out in a week and a half. That'll be more accurate. :)

Eternal

ffta707

Holy shit dude. That skill is awesome. What formula is that?

Eternal

I used Malboro's Malboro Virus formula, and switched the Werewolf's sprite with the Malboro's so that when called, the formula would turn the enemy into a werewolf.

EDIT: And thanks to Zozma, we'll have some custom water animations, too!

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/downloa ... hp?id=2561

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/downloa ... hp?id=2563

Once Zozma edits Lich out of Lich's animation, Full Moon's animation will be a blood-red moon with bats and such. It's going to be awesome. :D

Eternal

Good news, everyone. Things are progressing faster than we thought!

In the demo:

-There will be four battles:
   1) Sand Rat Cellar
   2) Wiegraf vs. Algus
   3) Thieves' Fort
   4) Igros Defense
-Each generic skillset will be seen (although not particularly useable by the player)
-Each piece of equipment will be able to be used
-Each battle will have a set team for you to use, and each has Re-Equip, so you can play with equipment

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Yep. The Tonberry and Werewolf will be on your side for the first battle.