• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Archer Job Discussion Thread (Rad/Ramza Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, July 30, 2010, 02:18:58 pm

LastingDawn

Archer, Master of the Enchanted Bolts

August 22nd, 2010

With the fall of traditional magic at the turn of the last century there was a large resurgence in magic dabbling warriors. Chief among those were the ever popular Archer. The Archer had been an enduring profession since the beginning of time and the New School of Arcane Marksmen, founded half a century ago has only expanded their numbers. The Archers of this day and age, place enchantments on their arrow before fitting them into the bow, thereby whatever they would want, an arrow of love, poison, divinity, as long as they knew the proper words and gestures, the mist divulged would easily enchant them. For this reason they do not use much mist in the applications of their spells.

Philsov is to thank for the new skills here (though the ones with X's either need a new formula or removed all together and replaced with something else).

QuoteArchers - Bow-weilders with a hint of magic!  And, yes, this one is a bit hard without overlapping.  They both gained a shot with a 25% proc of an invoker spell -- I chose one from each of their books but maybe a cross-swap would be better?  idk.  Invoker spell choice was the one most likely to connect, because procs that ultimately fail are lame.  Both also gained an AoE spell, and the cover fire idea is all skip sandwich iirc.  Also stepped on monks' toes a bit, and then straight stole from Dragoon but eh.

Iconics:
Beso Toxico - PW*WP with 100% chance to poison target.  Weapon range, MP 10.
Dominate Demon - Randomly inflicts Slow, Stop, DA, or DM onto a monster.  3 CTR, 12 MP.  100%.
(Lifeforce Shot) - Self-destruct formula, 8 range linear 8 vert, 30 MP, 100% Confusion

Ramza:
Divine Bolt - Sp + 50% chance to petrify undead.  Given to Ramza because he needs more light-based stuff.
Take Aim = PA*WP (maybe normal weapon strike?  I don't know if the goal is to inflict more than normal damage or just do unavoidable), 100% accuracy.  Given to Ramza since Rad has the thing from Knight.
Mist Disperse - MP damage, 20%+MA; 100%
Volley - moderate MP cost.  Bow/xbow only?  4 range, 1 AoE, 2 vert.  Weapon Strike damage into the area.  
Dark Shot - Weapon range, moderate-low MP cost.  Weapon Strike with a 25% chance to cast Dark Chant on the target.
X - Entice Demon - 100% Monster charm. (Is there a monster-only formula that isn't 100%?) - higher MP/CTR than dominate

Rad:
Black Out Bolt - 100% Blind, but deals no damage.  2 MP.
Cupid's Arrow - Because Rad is a charming mofo.  MA+60%, weapon range, 3 CTR, 18 MP.
Cover Fire - 3 range, 1 AoE, 2 vert.  Enduring (perpetuating?  performing? whatever) at.... 6 CTR intervals.  Uses truth formula to fire up to 3 arrows into the affected area every cycle.  
Lit Shot - Weapon range, moderate-low MP cost.  Weapon Strike with 25% chance to cast Shock on the target
Stone Arrow - 100% chance to cancel charging and performing
X - Soothe Demon - 100% Monster Sleep. (Is there a monster-only formula that isn't 100%?) - higher MP/CTR than dominate

~

We need Eight more skills here as well. For the Rad/Ramza idea. This one is rather difficult, without overlapping things, but I'm sure we'll think of something.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

GeneralStrife

scatttman

suggestion remain beso toxico as toxic kiss sounds better doesnt sound good in spanish (i speak spanish)

ideas

long shot - very large rank, medium %, low damage.

use arrow - stab with an arrow, rank1, (you can give it some status and damage to your choice)

i have to run - increases user speed.

Kagebunji

Beso Toxico was in FFTA too, it is kinda symbolical to FF now. Those art are cool, but I think LD want Archers not to be so clothed, they are supposed to be very light armored, you know, shirt and pants.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

PX_Timefordeath

Sonic Boom - Either AoE shot, or straight line shot

Get away! - Close range, knockback

Eagle Eye - Damage, cancels protect

Zaen

You could simulate charge with the swordskill formula, that's what I used. Just give whatever charge time necessary.

Like so. Charge +1, PA*(WP+1), 2 CT
Charge +3 (WP+3), 4 CT
Etc.

It's a decent get around. You could even restrict it to certain weapon types, as it wouldn't make sense with things like crossbow, harp, book...

You might possibly be able to use this to make one more offensive than the other.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Dome

Beso Toxico - PA * WP (100% Status), Weapon Range, MP 10 - Poisons a Target

IMHO, Seems a bit overpowered...at the cost of 10 mp, it's a normal attack+100% poison
Maybe you should add some CT? or lower the poison %?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

LastingDawn

Quote from: "scatttman"suggestion remain beso toxico as toxic kiss sounds better doesnt sound good in spanish (i speak spanish)

ideas

long shot - very large rank, medium %, low damage.

use arrow - stab with an arrow, rank1, (you can give it some status and damage to your choice)

i have to run - increases user speed.

Long Shot, it would have to do pretty low damage, (maybe 20-30 at most, mainly used as a skill to remove constant revivals)

Use Arrow. An interesting skill! Since an Archer would never plan to get close in battle. It would be a desperate move.

"Left with no other choice the Archer draws an arrow, using every enchantment in he knows from his meager spellbooks, hastily throwing them on the arrowhead as he makes an awkward stab towards his foe."

(60 +MA%) Seperate Status, Charm/Poison/Blind/.

Quote from: "Zaen"You could simulate charge with the swordskill formula, that's what I used. Just give whatever charge time necessary.

Like so. Charge +1, PA*(WP+1), 2 CT
Charge +3 (WP+3), 4 CT
Etc.

It's a decent get around. You could even restrict it to certain weapon types, as it wouldn't make sense with things like crossbow, harp, book...

Hmm... that is all it basically was... if nothing else can really be thought up, I will consider this idea.

Quote from: "Dome"Beso Toxico - PA * WP (100% Status), Weapon Range, MP 10 - Poisons a Target

IMHO, Seems a bit overpowered...at the cost of 10 mp, it's a normal attack+100% poison
Maybe you should add some CT? or lower the poison %

Isn't it just an ordinary attack with Poison attached? Don't worry, it is evadable still.

Art of War

LastingDawn

The first post is updated! But we may still need two more skills, just recall that Synergy is key here, so keep that in mind if you happen to have any ideas for this.

Art of War

Archael

Ordinary attack with 100% poison attached is OK, that's what you're investing the MP on