• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:26:30 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Howdy

Started by HebrewToYou, December 27, 2011, 09:00:14 am

HebrewToYou

Hi folks,

I'm a fairly long-time lurker who just wanted to register and thank all the developers for their hard work revitalizing this wonderful game. I'm currently at DD in Dome's wonderful FFT+ release and have been blown away by the great balance changes implemented.  Keep up the good work as it's greatly appreciated!

-H2U

Eternal

Welcome to FFH! Glad to hear you're enjoying FFT+! Be sure to try the other mods here too. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

HebrewToYou

I've tried The-Mod-That-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned and Mercenaries, but nothing beyond those and FFT+.  I'm sure this is a very loaded question with highly opinionated answers, but which would be the best (and most "complete") mod to try next?

Eternal

Call of Power has two fully playable chapters done, and Celdia's Complete Patch is fully complete. My own patch, Parted Ways, is fully playable too. :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

tru444

hey im new here too and loving it wish i knew sooner been wanting fft back for a long time. ? how long does it take to make one of those games

3lric

Quote from: tru444 on December 27, 2011, 10:05:20 am
hey im new here too and loving it wish i knew sooner been wanting fft back for a long time. ? how long does it take to make one of those games

To make one of the mods? Lol, much longer then you would probably think, it also depends on the type of mod. There is alot to consider. It all really cames
more down to how much time and dedication is going into it at any given time. Can be as fast as a week if your not doing anything other then FFTP stuff or it
could be years.

Joseph Strife

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true! :D

Btw Elric, loved your sig :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

tru444

i have a great story and lots of time but no exp using any of these programs  :cry: lol. where on here can i find how to make a sprite ff forever is what its called

3lric

December 27, 2011, 10:26:12 am #9 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:31:58 am by Elric42
Quote from: tru444 on December 27, 2011, 10:20:57 am
i have a great story and lots of time but no exp using any of these programs  :cry: lol. where on here can i find how to make a sprite ff forever is what its called

Spriting Tutorial by Lijj

Also i would visit the tutorials section, Wiz just put up 6 new tutorials
which will no doubt be full of info you will need when making a mod

Tutorials

if your looking to change the story you will need to download Raven's EasyVent, with can be found Here:

EasyVent

It's a bit confusing at first but if you have any questions post them in the help section, or review vanilla events
thats the easiest way to learn

Quote from: Joseph Strife on December 27, 2011, 10:16:15 am
Btw Elric, loved your sig :mrgreen:

Thanx bro  :mrgreen:

tru444

thanks i was just looking at it it is confusing ill check the vanilla events

3lric

Quote from: tru444 on December 27, 2011, 10:28:37 am
thanks i was just looking at it it is confusing ill check the vanilla events

It can be, but after a while its easy, post in Help! if you need to

tru444

where can i download Parted Ways  patch

Eternal

tru444

tru444

how can you change job names ex mime to dark knight

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!
And thanks for the kind words about FFT: Plus, you'll make me blush
P.s: If you want to support FFT: Plus please rate the video trailer xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bs55vagTYE

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MysticKnightFF5