• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:07 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Reunion at Bariaus Hill Video

Started by Archael, September 07, 2009, 07:23:09 pm

LastingDawn

September 08, 2009, 08:54:21 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Then and than, haha! One of my greatest weaknessess...
Well keep in mind that I haven't Actually changed anything in their yet, no Documents have been written, those were the normal ones in the game. Hmm, with Professor's Rod I though the two would be interchangable? I might be wrong on that front of course, hehe. Thankfor the corrections though.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

mav

September 08, 2009, 09:25:50 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Anytime.

Heh, I'm unsure about the Professor's Rod one too...And I probably should have picked up on the Larg and Goltana one not being yours--it seemed too common knowledge...Anyhow, I'll try and continue looking through the video later. Hopefully I won't find [m]any more grammar-type errors.

jimmyjw88

September 08, 2009, 11:37:52 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Nice one, mav.
And about the Professor's Rod, I think both are correct right? Or...I'm wrong? Both sounds fine. Haha. My grammar isn't good.
And I'm liking the sets. Like mav said, perfect, at the same time, flaws.
Its all about making wise decisions to work with the battle plans and suitable in the battle.
Really nice ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

winshmo

September 09, 2009, 01:08:21 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by winshmo
question Mr LD, since your party is limited to to 3 and you cant invite ppl, how would Ramza fight random encounters?

Dormin Jake

September 09, 2009, 01:30:06 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "winshmo"question Mr LD, since your party is limited to to 3 and you cant invite ppl, how would Ramza fight random encounters?
Randoms are themselves classified as missions, including Gafgarion and often containing their own generated guest characters and occasionally unique conditions and events.  So really they're fought like any other Mercenaries battle.

Might be a little outdated by now, but original thread:

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1510
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

MiKeMiTchi

September 09, 2009, 01:32:14 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Tough part. Interesting, but I don't like it that much. :)
Why would someone fight for the guys who are on a mission?

it somehow removes the fun of raising "own characters".

Quotequestion Mr LD, since your party is limited to to 3 and you cant invite ppl, how would Ramza fight random encounters?

I think,* you'll have random guests to fight for you with random classes as well.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

jimmyjw88

September 09, 2009, 02:28:17 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
If so, then it could be interesting. Like a mystery, because won't know who will be encountered.
Exciting. ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

September 09, 2009, 06:42:51 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
also, they should have equip change! :P
why would you buy cool weapons if you can't use it??

winshmo

September 09, 2009, 06:53:03 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by winshmo
use but dont keep huh :)

SilvasRuin

September 09, 2009, 06:59:32 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Er, Equip Change is a no-go.  It would allow you to purchase crap and then swap it out for the guests' gear, netting you good gear for dirt cheap.

jimmyjw88

September 09, 2009, 11:54:30 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Hahaha. That's absolute correct Silvas! That's exactly what I did to Gafgarion before his betrayal.
Really cheap =p ( I meant me ^^)

beawulfx

September 09, 2009, 02:58:57 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Finally got around to watching the videos and wow, so very impressed. I mean, just blown away.

Part 1: I love the equips that we have seen. They are fantastic. It is so apparent that the different effects of each piece of equipment is a major factor, and it's no longer going to be as easy as upgrading to each new piece that comes along since they are all virtually the same with bigger HP/MP boosts (ahem, as in the original).

I think that is amazing and shows great thinking. You are making even the earliest pieces of equipment seem viable as you may desire or even need their effects for any particular battle. I just love that idea, and I love the variation.

Tactics really suffered from a lack of variation in weaponry/armor, Mercenaries CERTAINLY will not. Every benefit comes with its own cost. Every item needs to be considered and compared to find the best cost/benefit ratio. Major kudos.

Also I paused a hundred times in this video to read everything, and I love what I am seeing. So many little tidbits of information for someone like me to pore over! Honestly, just thrilled with the items you've created and implemented. I especially liked the Brigade Helm and its description.

Part 2: Oh my goodness I loved that opening dialogue. So many cutting remarks and insults being hurled around. You can just feel the long hatred and rivalry these two share. Ramza and Rad are pissed and not enjoying the encounter anymore than Gafgarion is! I just loved it. Uribos before the plate, just as bold and inept as you, Rondel really stole the show and the scene!

The backstory between Rondel and Gafgarion being laid out on the Blood Sword is genius. It is a tale that revolves around the Blade, so it fits in so wonderfully and doesn't feel forced at all.

I love all the variation in the Invoker skills. No longer is it just the same range/CT/power with different elements, they are all unique with their own uses as different as the very elements themselves. Beautiful.

Part 3: Battle looked very fun! Lots of great dialogue again. Great showcase of skills. Gafgarion was so strong though that he made it easy!
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

LastingDawn

September 09, 2009, 04:03:49 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "winshmo"question Mr LD, since your party is limited to to 3 and you cant invite ppl, how would Ramza fight random encounters?

There's actually four characters that join your team, Rad, Ramza, Hedin (when placed becomes a crystal) and Squolar at the start of Patch 2, unlike Hedin he cannot be placed in battle, he only gives helpful hints to the battle that's ahead. But I digress...

Dormin hit's the nail on the head, each Random Battle is a "Sub-Mission", with their own random scenarios, to keep with the theme of "adaptation".

Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"Tough part. Interesting, but I don't like it that much. :P
why would you buy cool weapons if you can't use it??

Equip Change is innate to Rad and Ramza only, for pretty obvious reasons. It follows the theme of adapting to the surroundings in battle.

Quote from: "beawulfx"Finally got around to watching the videos and wow, so very impressed. I mean, just blown away.

Part 1: I love the equips that we have seen. They are fantastic. It is so apparent that the different effects of each piece of equipment is a major factor, and it's no longer going to be as easy as upgrading to each new piece that comes along since they are all virtually the same with bigger HP/MP boosts (ahem, as in the original).

I think that is amazing and shows great thinking. You are making even the earliest pieces of equipment seem viable as you may desire or even need their effects for any particular battle. I just love that idea, and I love the variation.

Tactics really suffered from a lack of variation in weaponry/armor, Mercenaries CERTAINLY will not. Every benefit comes with its own cost. Every item needs to be considered and compared to find the best cost/benefit ratio. Major kudos.

Also I paused a hundred times in this video to read everything, and I love what I am seeing. So many little tidbits of information for someone like me to pore over! Honestly, just thrilled with the items you've created and implemented. I especially liked the Brigade Helm and its description.

Thanks for the compliments, I was actually a bit worried about the armor portion, I put as much creativity in it as I could, but with only 4F slots to work with... I really couldn't put in everything I had wanted, in terms of Item Attributes. Also I am glad to see Someone likes to read descriptions, haha! It seems the attitude of most on that regard is "too long, don't read". I am glad to see it being appreciated though.

QuotePart 2: Oh my goodness I loved that opening dialogue. So many cutting remarks and insults being hurled around. You can just feel the long hatred and rivalry these two share. Ramza and Rad are pissed and not enjoying the encounter anymore than Gafgarion is! I just loved it. Uribos before the plate, just as bold and inept as you, Rondel really stole the show and the scene!

The backstory between Rondel and Gafgarion being laid out on the Blood Sword is genius. It is a tale that revolves around the Blade, so it fits in so wonderfully and doesn't feel forced at all.

I love all the variation in the Invoker skills. No longer is it just the same range/CT/power with different elements, they are all unique with their own uses as different as the very elements themselves. Beautiful.

Haha! You have Eternal to thank for pulling off that scene with the finesse shown,except the Blood Sword lunge towards Rondel and teleport away, that was a last minute addition because I needed a reasonable way to get Rondel back to his original spot. Rondel tends to do that when he shows up, haha! A very foppish man, but he has talent to back it up. Though unfortunately due to time constraints and my own lack of knowledge I wasn't able to get in everything I wanted, eh well, that will just be in the final then, hehe. As for the Invoker skills... Razele made a "hack" a long time ago, which is supposed to give their formula MA + X % chance to hit, so it's not So broken, currently It is almost completely worthless to use anything but Explosion any chance you get, but that should in reality only have a 30 + MA% chance to hit. I'll need to ask Zodiac for help on that... since Razele was not known to make those sort of mistakes.

QuotePart 3: Battle looked very fun! Lots of great dialogue again. Great showcase of skills. Gafgarion was so strong though that he made it easy!

Hehe, let me tell you the RNG Goddess must Despise me! She gave Voldemort the Easiest setup one could hope for! It's rather a shame... that battle has a maximum of five foes that can show up, only three did, Rondel had a chance Not to equip the Slow armor, but he did, the game has Never given me Two Hands on my test runs, yet it did for Voldemort, bahaha! Believe me, this battle was not meant to be that easy, Voldemort was just blessed by the RNG Goddess. I even removed a possible unit to Make the battle possible, and here he comes with his luck of the gods! Though that's party of the beauty of Mercenaries, you might be caught off guard by a battle you've already fought when the game decides to up the ante, adversely a battle which you may feel was next to impossible is suddenly made possible when that sudden loss, brings up more managable foes, as I said, adaptation is 90% of the strategy in Mercenaries.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

September 09, 2009, 04:14:33 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Oh.. Sorry for my lack of knowledge with the game itself.
Sir LD, can you explain to me how the units join and works with the party, and the party itself?

LastingDawn

September 09, 2009, 04:16:28 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well they don't "join" actually... they're controllable guests in battle, that's pretty much it, no one ever actually joins your team except Hedin and Squolar (who is Not actually on your team, he's just sending you information) We should probably do a character profile on Squolar this Friday, since tthe Biggs/Wedge picture has been delayed it seems.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

September 09, 2009, 04:27:19 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
So, you can only buy items just for Rad, Ramza and Gafgarion?

btw, Who's Squolar?

LastingDawn

September 09, 2009, 04:31:06 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Just for Rad and Ramza, Gafgarion is always five levels above the party, he can't be controlled in terms of equipment or abilities, he is your boss after all, haha!
Squolar's main role will be revealed in an upcoming Character Profile, probably this Friday.

Art of War

beawulfx

September 09, 2009, 04:41:19 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Ah LD I really like your style. While that battle may have been made easy for Arch, the random nature of the game means it will be fun to play through a few times because usually you won't get so lucky, and things will always be different than you remember. It's a good idea to create a wealth of re-playability. The only thing I would suggest is that when you get farther in, near the end, that there isn't even a chance for it to be at all easy, but I'm sure you are already working on that or have it set up in such a way!

It's good to know that balance issues are at the fore as well; I was more just impressed by the different ranges and AOEs and status effects that they can cause, which makes them all useful in their own situations. Black Magic while a useful skillset in some ways was extremely boring in its damage capability. I didn't really notice anything about the damage output or anything.

Looking forward to more previews and info, as always.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

MiKeMiTchi

September 09, 2009, 05:26:09 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
I get it now! (well, somehow)

It becomes a 4 person RPG/strategy now! Epic. Really.
The story will then have more focus on the main characters themselves, not the other classes/units,
plus the guest members!

So they're, Rad, Ramza, Gafgarion, and a guest main role character everytime! I see. Is that how it works??
That's quite cool.

LastingDawn

September 09, 2009, 05:55:01 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
So to speak... at least for the first chapter it runs like that, the second chapter mixes it up a bit, the third chapter has a few familiar faces and the fourth chapter... oh my the fourth chapter, I think you'll all love it!

Art of War