• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

@Gaffy's stylin mustache (Awesome nick xD)
1) IMHO, he should have brand new skills, different from everything else
4) It's not useless...some battle will still have rare equipment to steal, and stealing during the story will always net better equipment that the one you can buy in stores
7) In my opinion, specials should have special stats in special jobs, and normal stats in every other job

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Zaen

7) Why not base their growths off of the normal job they fit the category of... and have a small boost off of those?

Example: (PURELY HYPOTHETICAL NUMBERS)
Knight:
HP Mult: 130
HP Growth: 12
MP Mult: 80
MP Growth: 20
PA Mult: 125
PA Growth: 40
MA Mult: 85
MA Growth: 60
Speed Mult: 100
Speed Growth: 105

Holy Knight:
HP Mult: 135
HP Growth: 11
MP Mult: 80
MP Growth: 20
PA Mult: 130
PA Growth: 38
MA Mult: 85
MA Growth: 60
Speed Mult: 100
Speed Growth: 105

Since it's a class with emphasis on physical power and tankability, it gains on those elements, but stays equal in other areas. Is that what you mean?
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Smitson

Quote from: "philsov"imo the gap between the masters and the casuals is too great to be held to a single difficulty setting without making someone disappointed.

Agreed. Thats why there's 1.3 and Easy type. I personally wouldn't play an easier version then this. Now that everyone's done 1.3 I think for the most part people want harder not easier. Not DD hard. But harder.

Easytype is good for the new members and people playing 1.3 for the first time.

You can't balance that out into one single patch.

Sterling LaVaughn

Quote from: "Dome"2) Storyline battle enemies level should be the same level of your party, and only bosses should be set on "Party level + something"
3) Equipment of storyline battles enemies should be fixed, and just a "tier" upper yours (There's still should be something rare to steal)
4) Random battles should only contain monsters (or immortal humans with maintenance as an ability, or humans with fixed equipment), in this way you can't steal equipment outside of storyline battles

This is pretty important, imo. I played through 1.3 with the notion that you should always harvest gear/crystals off of your enemies. This is what happens:

- Every enemy has slightly nicer gear because of <random> equipment and higher levels
- Steal/Sleep/Crystal/etc. everyone present
- Because of higher enemy levels (and better survivability/raises from enemies), each fight gives several levels just from crowd control
- With higher levels, next fight has even better gear
- Repeat until Thief Hats/Rune Blades before Barius Hill or so

And this is without any random battles after Dorter. Battles end up being about farming rather than winning.

I can appreciate the notion that you're supposed to be punished for grinding, but unless you pull 20 or so levels without seeing any <random> geared humans, you're just being given an opportunity to grind for gear as well. That completely ruins gear progression through Chapter 1-3. The only real way to preserve difficulty is to never use Steal or wait for chests, but why should the fault rest on an otherwise acceptable skillset/tactic?

I've been recording when random battles open up throughout the game, a full list should make controlling gear much easier. Also should consider monster placement for the sake of poaching, especially in regards to what's available in Chapter 3.

The only non-gear related suggestion I want to make is to somehow limit the amount of skills you can get from crystals. It's fine if you can save some JP or jump start a new class, but I was getting full mage skillsets from these things in Chapter 1. Seems to be a recurring theme that new toys for enemies won't make things harder if you can just take them for yourself.

Dome

@Zaen
My idea is to give special characters THE SAME growth of a normal class, but better multipliers
In this way, if they stay in their special class, they will have "Special" stats, but, if they switch, they have normal stats

@Smitson
Imho it's possible, and in fact is what I want to try: No more dual patches
My idea of 1.4 is a patch that can provide funny and easy battles, challenging battles, and hard/insane battles in the same package

@Sterling LaVaughn
You hit one of the biggest flaws of 1.3 IMHO...you are punished if you fight randoms or you just fight without caring TOO much for your level (You are punished if you enjoy the game?!?!): if you do, you fight overlevelled guys with uber gear
Fixing enemy equipment just a tier upper the one avaible in stores, and having enemies the same level of you, (And without being able to steal uber gear from randoms fights), the game will never punish you if you overlevel/praise you if you stay underlevelled

For the crystal one...I don't know if it's possible...but crystals help a lot sometimes, because mastering some jobs is a pain in the ass...maybe a "jp overhaul" is needed

Sterling LaVaughn

Well I'm all for getting some bonus skills here and there, but full skillsets from single crystals is completely nuts. If there was a flag to prevent learning specific moves from them, I'd be all over that thing.

Also, if we want something to make mastering jobs late in the game a little quicker, why not give Gained JP Up to Mime?

Dome

Quote from: "Sterling LaVaughn"Well I'm all for getting some bonus skills here and there, but full skillsets from single crystals is completely nuts. If there was a flag to prevent learning specific moves from them, I'd be all over that thing.

Also, if we want something to make mastering jobs late in the game a little quicker, why not give Gained JP Up to Mime?
I'm against the return of gained jp up, and I'll explain you why: You don't use any other support while it's around
Jp costs have already been lowered to counter this
Maybe we can make that crystals can only heal you, and reduce a bit jp costs in order to make every job mastered with something like...3600/4000 jp? (Job Level 8 plus a bit more)

Dome

I added this to the first post
I will start my Rant about 1.3 monsters as they are now:
And, maybe, every monster of the same family should have the same stats, only the abilities should be different...what do you think about this?

Anyway...
Chocobos: I'd like to give chocobos a different reaction ability, but otherwise they are fine
Pathers: Cat kick (Tier 1 ability) sucks  IMHO, but otherwise panther family it's fine
Goblins: Goblin family monster skill should be based on PA, not MA (In order to get boosted from PA Save)
Bombs: Bomb family needs a normal attack, not only fire elemental attacks: Also, bomb tier 1/2/3 are the same, skills wise...and this is bad, IMHO
Psico demons: They are fine
Skeletons: They are fine
Ghosts: I don't like the fact that tier 3 ghosts skill stops the enemy and monster skill ability does the same (Even if ranged): This should be changed
Evil Eyes: I don't like the skill that lowers brave by 10 (Tier 2), the amount is too low, IMHO, and they should halve all elements (If it has been removed)
Birds: They are fine as they are
Pigs: Pooh should return to 100%, and nose breath too (Or we should give it something like 80% accuracy) Otherwise, we can give them steal heart instead of nose breath. Monster skill should go back to moogle, or become 100% accuracy
Treants: Maybe their skill hit % should rise up to 100?
Minotaurs: Maybe a better reaction?
Malboros: Modball virus should be changed to something more useful (Maybe a 4 linear range, 1 panel 70% don't move? the spit something sticky to enemies leg, in order to make it unable to escape), and maybe their normal attack should have a chance to inflict posion
Behemots: Their monster skills needs a nerf (Charge time or lowered damage)
Dragons: I don't like tail Whip...some suggestion here?
Hydras: they have been nerfed a lot, give back to dark whisper 6 hits, and to every hydra skill 0 vert tollerance. Give another skill to tier 1 (Ever monster has 3 skills + monster skill)

Zenius

1. Agree. I see no merits having Ramza in Ubersquire class. The only time I ever used Scream was against the Colliery Engineers.

2. Don't care.

3. Agree.

4. Randoms containing monsters only would get repetitive. Humans with Maintenance sounds good to me.

5. I really like what Eternal did with the DD in Newtype. Perhaps you can do something along those lines?

6. Don't care. Not a big fan of Boco.

7. Maybe not the exact same numbers, but similar ones might be cool.

8. Agree. Lezales fight @ Zirekile FTW.

9. Agree.

10. Don't care about the Chiri/Masamune part, but enemies spamming Elixirs is ridiculous.

11. I'm going to leave it to everyone else concerning monsters. I'm not too knowledgeable about them.

12. Agree.

13. Agree.

14. Don't care.

15. I'm all for a new Archer skillset.

16. Sure why not?

17. I've actually always hated the fact that the special jobs all have the Squire R/S/M set.

18. IMHO, too few pieces of equipment have element absorb/half/weak. Maybe conpensate for monsters losing weaknesses by making more equipment have elemental properties?

Dome

Quote from: "Zenius"5. I really like what Eternal did with the DD in Newtype. Perhaps you can do something along those lines?

18. IMHO, too few pieces of equipment have element absorb/half/weak. Maybe conpensate for monsters losing weaknesses by making more equipment have elemental properties?
5) Tell me more, I don't know much about eternal's patch
18) Imho making elemental spells different would be good

Glad you agree with -almost-everything I've written

Dome

Gaffy's stylin mustache

Quote from: "Zenius"5. I really like what Eternal did with the DD in Newtype. Perhaps you can do something along those lines?

Yeah, tell us more about that. I tried Eternal's mod once, it crashed on the very first fight at Orbonne, and I left it there.

15) Some skillset should be changed (Archer?)

For sure. One idea I've had is to keep the charging concept, but instead making it a flat +3 or something and adding a chance to cause a certain status.

i.e: Sedative: 2 CT, +3 AP, may cause sleep (50%?)

Ninjas could use a makeover, too.

16) Almost every story battle should have 1 thing worth stealing (From chapter 1 to 3, pieces of equipment that you can get only mych later, and chapter in 4 poachable-only items or very expensive items) in this way stealing will be very useful

Might require some difficulty adjustments, and for the most part 1.3 already does it a lesser extent.

17) To counter the fact that lowering mime job will make more grinding required for special characters, maybe we should add some move - reaction - support ability to special jobs

Yeah, sounds good to me.

18) There should be a reason to use fire/ice/thunder attacks, because without monsters weak to them there is little to no difference between them (Fire more damage, ice more range, thunder shorter Charge time, maybe?)

Some creative stuff could come out of it.

19) I'd like to remove the normal/rare poach, because it's just a waste of time (People will just reload until it gets the rare one)

Yeah. It's kind of tedious to poach in large quantities in the first place, so it wouldn't be very de-balancing.

20) What about adding some monster and "monster skill" equipped guys to some story battle?

There's actually one dude in Mandalia plains who has it, but I don't remember any other instances. Monster Skills tend to be game turners, though, so it might require some difficulty adjustments or skill re-balancing.

21) (Even if I like CoK) Kanbabomb battles should be removed

No comment; don't really care.

22) Guests should be able to join randoms fight (Zodiac can help with this one)

It's really not much of an issue, but I agree - it's pretty silly that Delita and Algus just sit back chain-chugging some cold ones. Might not be worth the time, though.

Dome

@Gaffy's stylin mustache
15) Yeah, Ninja skillset should be changed as well
I'll add it to the list
22) Zodiac already has an ASM for it

Eternal

Basically, in DD, I added rematches against certain people, like the Lucavi. The final battles in END are rematches against teams of Lucavi (including the ones from FFXII). Other battles in DD were Yiazmat (END), Shades of Cid (Battle vs. 5 T.G. Cids), House Beoulve (fighting against another Ramza, Dycedarg, Zalbag, and Alma) and a few other theme battles.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dinosaur

I am full support with points 1, 6,10,16, 18

Actually, when I was playing 1.3 I was thinking of those points. Makes a lot of sense.

Dome

Quote from: "Eternal248"Basically, in DD, I added rematches against certain people, like the Lucavi. The final battles in END are rematches against teams of Lucavi (including the ones from FFXII). Other battles in DD were Yiazmat (END), Shades of Cid (Battle vs. 5 T.G. Cids), House Beoulve (fighting against another Ramza, Dycedarg, Zalbag, and Alma) and a few other theme battles.
I like those ideas a lot :-)
Themed battles are better than random battles against uberrandom enemies, IMHO

@Generalstrife and dinosaur
Thanks xD
Tell us more about what you think

Remember, this topic is made to discuss whatever you want about 1.4 idea

Sterling LaVaughn

Quote from: "Dome"I'm against the return of gained jp up, and I'll explain you why: You don't use any other support while it's around
Maybe we can make that crystals can only heal you, and reduce a bit jp costs in order to make every job mastered with something like...3600/4000 jp? (Job Level 8 plus a bit more)

Got no problem with generally cheaper JP costs, although learning every skill and mastering every job isn't that important in itself given the amount of mediocre/crap moves in the game (unless you're going for Onion Knight, but I don't have a PSP so no comment there). And considering the wild variations in skill value and number of skills per job, the range for mastering should be kinda large between certain jobs.

Also, I heartily endorse the increased relevancy of elements and/or the divergence of elemental same-y skills.

Dome

Quote from: "Sterling LaVaughn"
Quote from: "Dome"I'm against the return of gained jp up, and I'll explain you why: You don't use any other support while it's around

Got no problem with generally cheaper JP costs, although learning every skill and mastering every job isn't that important in itself given the amount of mediocre/crap moves in the game (unless you're going for Onion Knight, but I don't have a PSP so no comment there). And considering the wild variations in skill value and number of skills per job, the range for mastering should be kinda large between certain jobs.

Also, I heartily endorse the increased relevancy of elements and/or the divergence of elemental same-y skills.
If you think there are LOTSA of crap moves, you should list them, so we can try to improve, if it's possible

Zenius

19. Agree. A lot.

20. Leaving everything concerning monsters to everyone else.

21. Agree. I could care less about K-Bomb.

22. Don't care

@Dome: I can provide you with the matchups for all the DD battles for Eternal's old Newtype patch if you want.

EDIT: I'll do it anyway cause it seems it's not only Dome that doesn't know about Eternal's DD.