• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:52:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTOMSATZ concept sprite(s)

Started by woodenbandman, January 22, 2010, 03:41:57 pm

woodenbandman

I have to point out that I think that kletian's face might actually be a better jumpoff point. It's got a very innocent look to it.

As for D's portrait, I wouldn't even know where to start. Dycedarg is the obvious choice.

RolyTunedIn

i think mav's look  better. his has a more main character look. though your true about kletian's face being innocent, his head angle does not match the hair angle. but my opinion doesn't matter, im just a nobody. its up to the artist to decide what they want and are willing to do lol.

mav

I'll revise it when I get home tonight. I'll see what I can do with the hair; right now the top just looks messy...and I'll take my hand at making him look a little more like Kletian, or at least get him to look a little more innocent. Thanks for the input. I'll post back in a couple hours.

RolyTunedIn

if anything the eyes need a change for the innocent look

Jon

I like Mav's better because it looks so original somehow. Wbm your version is alright too, but personally the sprite should have a uniquer and more stern looking face, not innocent. But that is just my opinion, I am just a nobody too ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

VampragonLord

Well the innocent look is because at the beginning of the game, he is quite fresh and inexperienced as to what is going on. As opposed to D who has been living in the heart of it all for years.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

I toyed around with the portrait, but didn't like any of the results. I've attached the only decent one--it's pretty much just an eye replacement. I tried messing with the hair, but for whatever reason I couldn't find a problem with the original hairstyle--it's just supposed to be quaffed at the front.

woodenbandman

Who wants to try and salvage this?[attachment=0:xeakgmpw]leadportrait.png[/attachment:xeakgmpw]

jimmyjw88

Hmm...perhaps that his left top hair move up a bit? Because its directly from Izlude, which is different angle.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Hmmm...I think we could salvage it, I'll have to take a crack at it later today.

Jon

Its definetly looking better and less like Kletian, which is a plus :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

woodenbandman

btw it's not a direct izlude rip, i did change it a bit.

VampragonLord

Rawr, i am all settled in in college, have my books all bought, classes all sorted, and now have free time to work on the patch. If these sprites have made any progression, or if you plan to finish them, please let me know.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

I forgot to keep working on the portrait--I'll try to get back to it sometime this week.

woodenbandman

Not a good chance of me finishing them since I only have internet at college now. Maybe in april or so.