• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 24, 2024, 02:41:09 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTOMSATZ concept sprite(s)

Started by woodenbandman, January 22, 2010, 03:41:57 pm

woodenbandman

Here's a quick concept I made for a character named "D" in Vamp's patch OMGTZ. Tell me what you think. I'm pretty sure it'll need a color reduction.[attachment=0:btr8gbp4]D concept.PNG[/attachment:btr8gbp4]

I'm not sure I like the color of the cape, either.

Vanya

I like it. Looks like a venerable hunter of creepy things.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

VampragonLord

Change up the hair a bit, throw in some boots maybe? and the cape could go grey to reduce pixel count.

Can we make this just one official thread for sprites for my patch? That way the main topic stays on ideas and updates and we could have all the sprites in one place as well.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

woodenbandman

We could make this the official OMGTZ thread

[attachment=0:3q8pl4g5]Lead concept.PNG[/attachment:3q8pl4g5]

Here's a Lead concept, tell me what you think.

mav

For the first sprite, remove the beard, recolor and/or reshape the hair, give him the male Knight's pants and legs instead of the male Ninja's, try giving him a more unique cape, and then just give him a nicer palette overall.

For the second sprite, give him sleeves and use a different coat.

woodenbandman

I'll probably end up changing the coat just for convenience, I had to freehand a lot of that.

Updated D concept:[attachment=0:swbms8ge]D concept.PNG[/attachment:swbms8ge]

VampragonLord

those boots look much more logical. the leads coat just doesnt seem to work  on him. id either go with a different coat all together or just a whole new set of clothes. i like the whole "sleeveless" look of him, just not exactly how it came together.

For D, change up the cape a bit, and the head still needs work.

woodenbandman

Got it. I'm not entirely happy with the execution on it. I wanted to give him a sort of "inexperienced" look to him, hence the priest hair.

VampragonLord

ya the priest-ish hair looks pretty decent on him, and make him stand out, just dont "trick him out" cause, he IS an apprentice.

Jon

Hmmm, the white mage oracle monk is quite weird to be honest. It seems to fit together nicely, but yeah, weird. The Dycedarg hunter/knight is much better. Or is that Orlandu's head? Either way, the hair would be cool like the helmetless Gafgarion I saw on here. Also see those 2 orange brown pixels above the belt? Personally I would change them to the dark gray-black color of the ninja clothes...and add a cross or something to the string hanging down from the belt. Overall nice work and concept though Wbm :) Keep it up!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

woodenbandman

Thanks Jon.

Vamp: I was going for a look sort of like the priest from Van Helsing. Anyway, here are some updates, tell me how you like them. I did a number on Dycedarg's hair.[attachment=1:21jybeha]Lead concept.PNG[/attachment:21jybeha][attachment=0:21jybeha]D concept.PNG[/attachment:21jybeha]

VampragonLord

D looks much better with the hair revamped. the lead still feels a bit lacking. he needs some sort of cloak i feel. a sweeping one similar to summoners maybe?

woodenbandman

Well with a summoner's cloak he'd look like this:[attachment=0:1pyq9u4y]Lead concept.PNG[/attachment:1pyq9u4y]

mav

Vamp, are you against the idea of giving the lead character a hood? The only reason I ask is because that cloak just screams Summoner--adding a hood would really distinguish his look...though you would lose some of that apprentice feel.

VampragonLord

personally i think it suits him, he just needs some "defining feature" thrown in. im trying to figure out an inbetween for the cloaks. maybe a cross between the summoner and the edlibs one?

a hood wouldnt be bad, it just feels like it would add too much mystery, which would be better placed on D, if we decide to give a character a hood.

woodenbandman

Here's another direction for him, it makes Lead and D share common elements, as if they're either related or part of the same order:[attachment=0:1wrvfoav]Lead concept.PNG[/attachment:1wrvfoav]

VampragonLord

hmm thats quite the look. it also leaves a distinction between the 2 as if to say "there is a gap in skill". the shoes would need some toying around with but overall I think it would fit in quite well.

mav

I like that last sprite a lot, it could use some tweaking though--the hair and boots look messy. Are you sticking with dark gray for the vest and pants?

woodenbandman

How does this one look? I changed his hair to that of 20 year old man, which I rather like.[attachment=0:1tzx5eok]Lead concept.PNG[/attachment:1tzx5eok]

jimmyjw88

So far so good. I like that second last sprite, with priest head. Looks nicer than the last one. Good job.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.