• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Jon

Can I ask you something GeneralStrife? Why did you make Lede and not Celia to begin with? You like Lede better? Also, who did what? You did the portrait or Mike and who did the sprite (vice versa)? I am just amazed how this came out so well (considering after all in reality its just a head swap and new portrait, right)? Great work (to you both) keep it up!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

GeneralStrife

It was made for the remix, as the plot is much different and very interesting in it so far. The sprite is very good, and so is the portrait. mike made the portrait AFAIK. I changed it up some with the chest and such, and thought I'd submit it since i havent seen mike in ages.

Zozma

I had no further use for Celia in my patch, which is why i never asked for one for her. she was merely going to transform into a stronger version of an ultima demon to make up for lede teleporting away instead of transforming. (and yes, i like lede better than Celia, obviously, even tho i like the name celia lol)

Im going to make an edited version matching general strife's current portrait (EVENTUALLY if noone else does) as thats the way i wanted lede to look after she becomes part of the plot near the end...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

It is a nice sprite. But, as I said, there are mistakes. I guess I'll fix them later today.
Oh Jon's avi is moving also! lol
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Sprite is almost done... Just half of the fighting frames left

Jon

I can make anyone's portrait move, just tell me what you want it to do. For some reason Photoshop can make unbelievably small Gif (animation) files. As for your sprite, the arm is looking much better, perfect now how it is Lijj. Also the neck, nice! Can't wait to see how it looks!

Lijj

I'm too tired to go over the frames again.. twinees is gonna quality check for me...
 And I'll do the portrait tomorrow!

Twinees

There ya go lijj, should be corrected now.
The cape still looks odd to me, but i think it was intended in the design so dw bout it.

Gl with port mate.

Jon

You need a portrait for this Lijj? Oh wait, you did the Dark Knight's portrait which was just amazing. I think you probably could make a better one than me...still I need as much portrait practice as possible, so just tell me if you want me to attempt one :mrgreen:

GeneralStrife

Lijj

No need to ask Jon. But I realize our Schedules are different.. So by the time you're up I'll have something.

Jon

I was busy GS making my own portraits! I wanted a Stormtrooper and a Rebel Soldier portrait and now I have them. I made the Stormie relatively quick but the retarded helmets the Rebels where took ages. It came out alright. I posted 'em both on my thread.
Yeah, if you guys are in the US, y'all are 6 (7 if in time zone for West Coast) hours behind me. Good for y'all, bad for me, because by the time I ever see feedback is always the next day...not that that is bad, just that makes me really curious sometimes and impatient...I should not take making sprites so serious I guess...it is just a hobby after all...

Lijj

Here are two takes.. The only difference is the eyes. I like the one on the left but just wanted to see what the community felt:

Jon

I don't see any difference in the eye that we see clearly. But yeah the one on the left looks better with that 1 pixel of added blue. Nice one! This is really good. Hmm, her neck might be a tad long though...maybe raise the armor up by 2 pixels or so? Just an idea, it looks okay like this too.

Kagebunji

Neck IS too long, but rising it armor up two pixels or three will be enough. Other than the neck I think ear looks strange, where you got it from? It looks sorta like some shell.

Lijj

Notorious lies! hahaha
I'll work on the ear; I just made the ear.
@Jon: Cool I'm glad you like the left as well.

Kagebunji

Yeah, but in some strange way it looks longer on yours. Raising it two pixels won't hurt :P

Jon

Ha! Lijj's skills aren't nearly even close to mine. My skills are banging against the ceiling they are that good, whereas Lijj's skills are still on the ground. My portrait is so overwhelmingly awesome, I needed to put it in a spoiler because its radiance is like staring into the sun. This is definitely without a doubt the best portrait on FFH, it should without question be used for Lijj's knight. Period. Its that good.

[attachment=0:19rzvp56]newlightknight.png[/attachment:19rzvp56]

mav

It's cause the head looks larger on those two portraits. Lijj, if the neck looks too big to us, chances are that something's not right somewhere. I like this portrait though, good work so far. Just fix something.

GeneralStrife

Yeah i see the monk and archer have bigger heads...increase her head size or raising the armor will fix it. Great work liji.