• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:41:12 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Lijj

Thanks a lot I like both of your guys' sprites.

Glad you came here Shishi those Ashura's are really great.

I have an update of the white mages I did a long time ago now.
I couldn't do much with the variety for the hair due to the color limitations or my own lack of a way around it, but at least the palettes aren't repetitive anymore:
  • Modding version: PSX

DarkShade

Wow these are really good Lijj good job.  :D
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Lijj

Thanks Darkshade.

Herpaderp..I forgot to make the last portrait's palette red (on the collar).
So if you use it, download this version:

GeneralStrife

Nice to to see the touch up lijj. The new portraits are great. Did you do them yourself?

Lijj

Yep. The female was reworked and the male completely redone.

Zozma

i love seeing old stuff reworked to look more profesionally done
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

Now presenting, on a special platform inspired by Zeemus' crystal moon palace (a total copy but isometric and not a rip), Celes. The one from the concept art and the PSX cutscenes... with yellow pants.
200%

Kagebunji

I said all there is to say on chat. I'm a fan of her hair.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Celes as in FF VI's Celes? This looks interesting! Yeah and the FF IV Platform looks pretty cool, I spent hours down in the moon grinding, the platform looks like the perfect translation from IV to Tactics!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Mando

January 28, 2012, 02:52:52 pm #669 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:21:15 pm by Mando
I change up the colors on female quite a bit, I also removed a lot of what I feel was too saturated and rich.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Lijj

January 28, 2012, 04:42:11 pm #670 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:37:26 pm by Lijj
Makes for a decent alternative palette set. For those who don't like the brighter trim.
Olive green is pretty cool.

Jon. Glad you like the isometric moon palace tile!
Yeah, Celes from FFVI. 100% custom as well.

Edit:
Also added the new portrait to Rogue and palleted it:

RavenOfRazgriz

Unlike my opinion on the White Mages, I think that new portrait on the male rogue is great from what I see.  The palettes don't fit the faction color divisions, though.  Mostly referring to the 3rd and 4th palettes.  The 4th palette is the Death Corps, so it should be some brown/green/murky yellow pants, most likely green.  The 3rd is Nanten, but the player already has red, so I know it's harder.  I'm just not sure if that murky yellow/brown color suits the Nanten palette, is all.

I hope you intend to update the female rogue's portrait as well.  Even as just a mauling of the female Ninja's portrait, the way it's all pieced together just looks weird and it could at the very least do with being reassembled to look more natural.

Very nice, though.

Lijj

I'll get to the female eventually, she peeves me. But I did use colors from the female ninja and the male samurai to palette this wholly. 4th and 5th female ninja uses exactly the color I put on this. I used her and male samurai's colors since they all three start with red.

RavenOfRazgriz

I see in regards to the male Rogue palettes.  Square, y u so inconsistent sometimes? :|  If you want encouragement to do the female Rogue sooner, we /are/ using their sprites in Journey of the Five, so better portraits are always appreciated.  :p

Looking at Mando's less saturated palettes, the Male White Mage portraits don't look as bad as I thought they were.  Pretty solid for the most part, really.  The hair isn't perfectly FFT, but such a small amount of hair is featured, it doesn't kill the portrait for me. My main complaint with the new palettes is the Player Palette: brown with light blue instead of the canonical whites and reds?  Really?  :/  I can easily fix this myself in 3 seconds with Palette Editor, it just seems like such a mehhhhhhhhhh choice for the Player Palette.

I still heavily dislike the new Female White Mage though.  For a comparison:

OLD

NEW

Namely, the hood on the new Female White Mage portrait looks very flat and "meh" to me compared to the old one, and I prefer the old face style to the new one because the new one is far too slender and un-FFT compared to the original.  I think I've told you before though that I have no idea why you even changed the Female White Mage portrait since the old one was already (for the most part) solid.  The new portrait just seems kind of flat, and honestly very small, to me.  Granted, I could just use the old sheet with newer palettes since the female didn't see any Sprite edits to my knowledge, but still.  I really wish you would have just stuck mostly to what you already had and just touched up the hair and a couple other weak spots on it.

Lijj

Alright I fixed the portrait of the female 'generic white mage' by starting from scratch again and twinees helped; I must give 20-25% credit on the portrait to him. I paletted it so you can have A white for palette 1, brown or blue; up to you.
Maybe this should be titled ALL THE WHITE MAGI:
About the brown it is my theory that it is the secondary main color besides blue for player's party. Since Squire is brown and geomancer, and there's a lot of brown used in the others as a secondary. Also Orlandu being a main char. this theory could be flawed .. Orange and green on the thief.. light purple on the time mage etc.
but meh, I like the brown one anyway.

Mando

nice portrait change/fix

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

RavenOfRazgriz

All you need to do is post up matching sets of Male White Mages now, Lijj.  Those would be useful considering these sprites are a set.

The new Female White Mage portrait is /infinitely/ better.  I told you that even before Twin helped you fix up that hair, I think.

Zozma

Quote from: Lijj on January 28, 2012, 08:14:35 am
Now presenting, on a special platform inspired by Zeemus' crystal moon palace (a total copy but isometric and not a rip), Celes. The one from the concept art and the PSX cutscenes... with yellow pants.
200%

Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

:mrgreen:  Thanks a lot Zozma! She's my pride and joy; my own favorite out of the sprites I've made yet. But she will be some work.

I completed the set of male white mages: