• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:05:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Twinees

• Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Thanks fellows. I honestly was nervous when I saw Twinees had posted. My first thought when signing in was "oh no, I'm in for it!"

I had time yesterday to work but I fell into a food coma after dinner; I very rarely ever nap. I hope I got that out of my system so I can touch up more portraits.

GeneralStrife

Looks great Lijj. No complaints good job.

RavenOfRazgriz

I'd like to see it blown up some to get a better look at the armor, Lijj, if you don't mind.  You didn't post a 3x version of it this time.  :(

I zoomed my browser in but that only helps so much.  It definitely is looking great from what I can tell on the small-scale one, though.  I can't wait to see you finish up more of the older portraits.

Lijj

November 22, 2011, 01:49:55 pm #645 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:52:25 pm by Lijj
Here you go Raven and others...
I have all three scaled at 300% as well as 100% displayed.
I was torn between a personal choice of using a little bit of AA on the outside of male rogue's outline (see figure A) or not using any (figure B).
At 100-200% fig.A seems like it has a less jagged edge but maybe that isn't enough FFT style so you choose:

Kagebunji

I kinda prefer the version without anti-alisasing. Also, Fuck yea for the hair, Lijj. I definitly like Rouge the most epic job on that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Thank you friend.
Ok, one vote for figure B.

Celdia

I spent like 5 minutes looking back and forth between the rogues and even with the arrows pointing to the AA pixels I could barely tell they were there. On the 100% I can barely see any difference. I just have a bad eye for fine detail I suppose. Overall it looks great though.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

GeneralStrife

B.

Man Lijj, these look great.

RavenOfRazgriz

Female Knight definitely looks good seeing it at that size.  Male Rogue is also looking much stronger now, it's very nice.  Male Knight is still the Male Knight, but it doesn't look like you've touched it at all since the last time you showed it, so I guess I can't expect much improvement on something where not much was changed.  Definitely getting better on these though, Lijj.

I also gotta go with B just to keep the style consistent, and like Celdia said... the worth of the difference is minor unless you have the eye for it anyway.

Twinees

Perhaps you should use the same skin and hair palette from the female knight for the male knight? I'll talk to you about this later on IRC.

For the Rogue, A looks best, but go with B. And I said it before, but the hair on the rogue does look much better than what you had it as before.

Lijj

Meet Corsa, a green-eyed rebel whom plays a key role in Formerdeathcorps' yet unnamed patch:

100%

Vanya

Nicely done. Looks very professional.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lijj

GeneralStrife

A sheathe on her side! omfg! Lijj how long did she take? Is it custom? epic!

formerdeathcorps

It's "psuedo-custom"; we used bases from Square that are so heavily modified that the originals are near unrecognizable.

How long did it take?  On my side, I built the base portrait and front/side sprites that Lijj then edited.  This combined first draft was then edited heavily by both of us until we reached a final form, which Lijj then expanded into the spritesheet.  In total, it took me 4 days * 3-5 hours, though I'm sure the work was probably at least 3x that much on Lijj's part.

Thanks, Lijj.  I really owe you one.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Lijj

The arms are from the archer so it wasn't that much work. Everything else is custom; I borrowed  Ch.2 Delita's boots for a start but just drew most of them to make them fit her body more and some of the poses are entirely different between Delita and the archer.
Glad you like the sheath GS.

I'd say it took about two full days broken up into four sessions.

Glad you like FDC!

shishi-sensou

Epic Desing!! >< im in love (?)
your portrait are awesome!

Zozma

Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!