• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:16:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Spam / General Forum Merge

Started by Archael, February 13, 2009, 07:34:05 pm

Kokojo

April 28, 2009, 11:57:15 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
I see it more like :

General : Talk about everyday happening, fears, musics, politics, work, love and everday topic in a normal person life.

Spam : Talk about penis, joke harsly on the deads, vomits flows of insults, play forum games, hop around naked, do pedophile jokes, have a laught.

General is not totally respected, but often is. People don't act like dumpfucks there.

And if you come up with 3-4 screenshots of people BEING idiots in general, well you're just plain stupid.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Archael

April 29, 2009, 12:47:01 am #61 Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:53:08 am by Archael
Quote from: "Kokojo"I see it more like :

General : Talk about everyday happening, fears, musics, politics, work, love and everday topic in a normal person life.

Spam : Talk about penis, joke harsly on the deads, vomits flows of insults, play forum games, hop around naked, do pedophile jokes, have a laught
That's how ideally everyone should see it, but unfortunately the reality is that people use them interchangeably. Like we discussed in chat with Asmo, no one uses "General" like the purpose of General states. Instead, it's used as Spam #2 with Post Count. This is why there's always been a need to move "Spam Topics" to General, and a need to move some "General Topics" to Spam Forum.

This is a topic you posted in Spam Forum. Topic is Here:

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2874

^ This is a very serious issue. According to your own argument, a topic like this belongs in General, NOT Spam.

Why did you post it in Spam? Because of the same reason everyone else mis-uses the two forums by their very own definition. Their "differentiation" is un-clear, blurry, and often indistinguishable. They are too similar.

You yourself aren't very clear on what is "Spam" and what is "General". All you know is that it's "Off-Topic". The topic could go on EITHER FORUM, because they are both the same, off-topic forums. Because you are part of the problem I am highlighting with my merging idea, I wouldn't expect you to understand it and/or agree with it.

QuoteGeneral is not totally respected, but often is.
Respect doesn't have anything to do with any of this, Kokojo. Their function is identical, regardless of how people "perceive" them.

Actually, my girlfriend was calling me to say goodnight, that's why I said bbl.

Like I said in the "This Hulutube Bullshit" Topic;

Winning an argument is not a criterion that is simply achieved by declaring it.

Indeed, the mere fact that you need to make such a statement seems to suggest that you do not think
that this is self-evident from your argument.

I don't feel like I lost any arguments, I know I have valid points, and I know you feel you haven't disproven any of them successfully because of your hasty claim that I lost.

I don't agree with Zodiac that it's a mindless point. It's just as "mindless" as saying "Introduction Forum serves no good purpose! KILL IT!" which is a suggestion he DID take seriously, the Introductions Forum is gone now.

Merging Spam and General Forums is just as reasonable as Asmo's request to kill Introductions Forum,
and a lot less sudden, mindless and radical, might I add.

Influent on newbs? (Is influent a word in the english language? Did you mean influential?)

What noobs?

I don't see how any newbs have anything to do with any of this.

And if by "influent on newbs" you mean that I supported getting Seraphim (Magitek) banned, then I agree with you, and I am glad I can be "influent on newbs."

DarthPaul

April 29, 2009, 09:15:56 am #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Influent is a word it just has a way different meaning.

The word he was looking for was probably influence.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

April 29, 2009, 09:48:02 am #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I don't know what word he was looking for, but he picked the wrong one!

DarthPaul

April 29, 2009, 11:02:29 am #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Indeed.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

April 29, 2009, 11:33:55 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "darthpaul"Indeed.

Ok man I let it slide last post but this isn't the Spam forum, stop posting for posting sake. This is a serious topic and I am seriously trying to develop this idea. Don't spam in here.

Goomba

April 29, 2009, 12:35:44 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
We could totally merge general, spam and WOTL discussion and nothing would change.

Everyone could just use [serious] [WOTL] or [spam] tags in the topic heading to let people know what kind of party it's going to be.

SentinalBlade

April 29, 2009, 01:34:02 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
^

I like this idea alot. small icons to the left of the topic name to help identify what the posts will pertain to. it would help a bit if we merged them all.

PX_Timefordeath

April 29, 2009, 09:27:09 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Quote from: "Voldemort"That's how ideally everyone should see it, but unfortunately the reality is that people use them interchangeably. Like we discussed in chat with Asmo, no one uses "General" like the purpose of General states. Instead, it's used as Spam #2 with Post Count. This is why there's always been a need to move "Spam Topics" to General, and a need to move some "General Topics" to Spam Forum.
This is the unfortunate truth.

Quote from: "Goomba"Everyone could just use [serious] [WOTL] or [spam] tags in the topic heading to let people know what kind of party it's going to be.

This is a really good idea, helps toward merging the forums.

Dome

May 12, 2009, 06:54:27 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Goomba"Everyone could just use [serious] [WOTL] or [spam] tags in the topic heading to let people know what kind of party it's going to be.
I Totally agree
We could make a button to press in order to select what kind of topic is, something like when you vote an option of a poll ^_^

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

May 12, 2009, 08:38:26 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
lol tags
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Dome

May 13, 2009, 03:47:10 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Zodiac"lol tags
They would be nice IMO ;P

Asmo X

May 13, 2009, 07:33:11 am #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
lol introductions forum.

Dome

May 13, 2009, 07:38:31 am #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Asmo X"lol introductions forum.
It's you that proposed the kill of the introduction topic right asmo?
Why you tought it was useless?

Asmo X

May 13, 2009, 07:55:11 am #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
It's pointless. Having separate spam and general forums is not pointless. It's just the terrible quality of the posting around here that makes it look that way.

Dome

May 13, 2009, 08:12:59 am #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Asmo X"It's pointless. Having separate spam and general forums is not pointless. It's just the terrible quality of the posting around here that makes it look that way.
We could make someone the moderator of general forum and make him control the posts here...
Otherwise we could merge the 2 forums and use the tags
Btw I think that the introduction forum wasn't so necessary, but also not  pointless...
If someone join FFH now, I dont know if he will know where to post the first time

Asmo X

May 13, 2009, 09:44:02 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
they can post wherever they like. You don't have to make a pointless intro topic before you can start posting.

Archael

May 13, 2009, 11:52:01 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Asmo X"It's pointless. Having separate spam and general forums is not pointless. It's just the terrible quality of the posting around here that makes it look that way.

you bring up a good point

Kokojo

May 13, 2009, 12:13:49 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Quote from: "Voldemort"

you bring up a good point

)@#?@(*?#@#*(@#_@&1-3189 Voldemort!!!!!!

This is what I said a couple of time on chat. General is suppose to be better than spam but isin't because of the maturity level.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Dome

May 13, 2009, 12:20:36 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Then...
Quote from: "Dome"We could make someone the moderator of general forum and make him control the posts here