• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:48 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ArkthePieKing's Events

Started by ArkthePieKing, September 01, 2013, 04:25:45 pm

Jumza

Ramza isn't alone, I made it so he has the sweegy woods and Dorter dots :P

But can Immortal units join your party correctly? I've honestly never tried having a ??? status or immortal unit join a party before. It might be the problem? Maybe test it by unflagging them (as immortal) and see if they join or not.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ArkthePieKing

I just got to work so I can't play with it now but it's certainly something to try. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's what the problem was. Though if I remember correctly The 5 were immortal in the first battle in Jot5, so it should be possible...

Pride

Ark you should learn how to edit the attack.out conditions so you can change the requirements for victory events.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

The 5 didn't join in the first battle of Jot5, they joined in there intros, there also wasn't a joinup screen. To do it WITHOUT a joinup screen is something different entirely, and only requires a couple commands. However the issue is that you SHOULD be getting a joinup screen and you aren't which is rather confusing.

ALSO make sure you are having the correct Agrias join, there are 2 of them, just like Mustadio, 1 for guest, 1 for non-guest.

Immortal also will not affect a person joining, not sure about ??? Stats though.

ArkthePieKing

Well ideally I'd do it without a joinup screen, but I'll take what I can get. The Agrias I'm using is 34, not 1E. If it should be 1E I can easily change it, but that shouldn't have any baring on the Cuar not joining, should it? I just changed it to 1E to see if there was any difference and there isn't. Still no join up screen. Also they don't have ??? status so that's not it. I'm at a loss, and apparently everyone else is too. Leave it to me to break everything ha ha.

Pride you mentioned ATTACK.OUT. Could the problem possibly be there?

3lric

Sorry  :oops: forgot to come back with this earlier
Assuming you are using the latest version of EasyVent, and in tern the most recent
version of the compiler go near the bottom of the event, you should see this command:

{3E}(r02000000FFFFFF3C00)

After that command place this command:

CallFunction(x01)

-------------------

So the end of your event at that point should look something like:

{3E}(r02000000FFFFFF3C00)
CallFunction(x01)
Wait(00075)
EventEnd()

If done this way, any characters that are set to "Join after Event" should silently join
the party and be in the formation screen after this point.

ArkthePieKing

Sweet. Cuppin'. Cakes. That FINALLY. FINALLY worked. Those two raggin' fraggin' characters finally joined the raggin' fraggin' party. You have NO IDEA how relieved I am to have gotten that fixed. (Okay you probably do to be honest, but still.) Thank you. Next up on the agenda is to learn how to make the next area activate the event when you walk over it. But I'm super happy that's out of the way!