• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:21:02 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Editing Help] Formations and Characters

Started by CodySpie, January 20, 2014, 03:26:35 pm

CodySpie

Greetings Hacktics fans,

Good news everyone! The sprite for the new Character has been completed, implemented and his intro event is all but finished! I'll post a play through video of what I have after I get this little number out of the way.

I've edited up to the Magic City Gariland fight, the first fight in which you pick your own Formation. Thus far, 4 Characters have been introduced. Ramza, Alma, Olan, and (Mystery Character). I need to get them out of the Cutscene business and into a select Party menu so Ramza doesn't have to fight all by his lonesome. How would I go about doing that adding units to the Formation?

Thank you kindly,
Cody
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

* Elric slaps CodySpie around a bit with a large trout.

Basically the reason they are not in formation is because theyve never joined
Your party. A trick for this is to have them join silently (without a join up screen)
You can do this by putting them in a event BEFORE the battle (If they are not in that
Event just set them in the entd to always present and join after event for those characters
And then erase them from the event. They will still join. Ill need to find the silent
Join command for you in about an hour when I get off work though. Ill update this
Post. So check back in an hour or 2 unless someone posts it before then

CodySpie

*Sigh* One day it won't be a fish, I just keep reminding myself of that.

Sounds good Elric, I'll check back and take a look later on, thanks for lending me a hand!

Jumza

Quote from: Elric on January 20, 2014, 03:49:09 pm
* Elric slaps CodySpie around a bit with a large trout.

Ill need to find the silent
Join command for you in about an hour when I get off work though. Ill update this
Post. So check back in an hour or 2 unless someone posts it before then

Since Elric has yet to let you know, the command is CallFunction(x01). This allows units to join silently :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

CodySpie

Quote from: Jumza on January 20, 2014, 04:44:11 pm
Since Elric has yet to let you know, the command is CallFunction(x01). This allows units to join silently :)

Hey Jumza, thanks for letting me know. Can you work that command into a string just so I have the proper syntax for reference? :)

3lric

Put it near the bottom of your event, before the EventEnd()

Also as I mentioned make sure that the characters you want to join are present in your ENTD for that event
and click the Join after Event box. They should join your group silently at that point even if you used an Erase
command on them, as long as it wasn't RemoveUnit.