• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 11:27:56 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Equipment Hacking Question

Started by Snap006, January 22, 2011, 05:31:14 pm

Snap006

Hey, guys. Just want to say how awesome this site and what yal doin is. Yal have completely reinvented this game for me with these patches and mods.

I've got everything down packed except for one thing. I've looked through the forums and couldn't find an answer to this question.

Here we go:

Gilgamesh is my 2nd favorite character in final fantasy. I was going to make him a special character. I don't use books or bags as equipment. What I wanted to do is turn them into a helmet and armor so only Gilgamesh can equip it. They were going to have the basic properties of equipment, but I was going to make the graphics and names of his swords. Basically it would look like he had 4 swords equipped. One would be helmet and one would be armor. I can't figure out how to turn a weapon type item in ffpatcher to an armor type item. Is this even possible in ffpatcher? If so, how would I go about doing this. Thanks.

BTW I'm going to try and make some custom graphics when I get a chance.

philsov

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Yes, it is possible.  Fiddle with the Graphic and Palette and you'll be golden.

http://ffhacktics.com/items.php
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=534.0

should help :)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

philsov

Update:

Ooooooh. 

Yeah, sorry dude.  A lot of stuff is hardcoded into certain slots.

Perhaps you can nuke the Ribbon and a random accessory class?  They're stuck into those spots, and won't have too much of a ripple effect.  Any leftover slots can be changed freely, however (ie, Cashua and Barette becomes swordlike, Ribbon stays as is but gets classified as a Hat, same deal for leftover gauntlets/rings/whatever)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Snap006

Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. What I'm just going to end up doing is putting two swords on him and give him his regular swords that only he can use. I'll just have to live with him using genji equipment.