• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 01:27:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Some help with FFTPatcher, Tactext and Shishi Sprite Editor

Started by Krobelus, September 01, 2009, 10:12:05 pm

Krobelus

I love all the programs that edit FFT, but I seem to have some problems..

FFTPatcher

This is a great tool, but I have a couple questions:
1. I changed a couple jobs around, but I notice no matter how much I edit the Mime job, it will always be retricted from abilities and equipment. So I was wondering if it was possible to set a different job hex and replace the mime spot when changing jobs with generics? In FFTPatcher Mime is 5D and I would like the job to replace Mime in the generics menu to be 8E, if that's possible.

Tactext

This is another great tool, but I have some questions / problems with this.
1. When I opened my Iso and changed some text around and patched it, I reopened the Iso with Tactext later and a lot of words have two of their letters replaced by japanese text. Now most of the text like jobs etc, have two letters replaced with other two letters like "Knight" would be "knigit" or something. I'm wondering why it does this?

Because I replaced almost all of that garbage text with new text and now I can't patch because of World.LZN (or whatever extension it was). It takes a good 7 minutes before it finishes patching just to tell me that. And in the end it doesn't patch the Iso, and that's really frustrating. I don't remember changing anything in the World.LZN.

2. I was also wondering, besides {Color} etc, are there secret commands that are used in Tactext?

Shishi Sprite Editor

I love this tool, being able to change the sprites and create new characters is great.
1. I was using an older version, not realizing there was a newer version out, and in the older version I wasn't able to import any BMP files at ALL without an error occuring. Some windows error. Anyway when I found a newer version I tried it out and it wont even open my Iso with this error shown:

I opened my friends edited iso and his opens fine, but replacing his sprites with BMP or SPR gives me the exact same error as above. Can anyone help me out?[/i]

I hope someone can help me out.
Thanks for reading,
-Krobelus

Skip Sandwich

September 01, 2009, 10:24:43 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I haven't messed much with TacText or Shishi, but I do know that as far as editing Mime goes, you're SoL, you can either use it as-is (plus or minus any growth/multiplier changes) or remove it entierly (by setting it to have an impossible job requirement, such as requireing 8 levels of itself to unlock), but that's the extent to changing it.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com