• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:50:09 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[WotL][PoC] Chantage, a War of the Lions ModLoader

Started by Nax, July 15, 2018, 05:56:18 pm

Atherus

September 04, 2018, 05:41:28 pm #20 Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:34:39 pm by Atherus
Looking into the sound issue myself, lined up a few tests. Will post results.

Update: Have all my data and am currently sorting. If there are no problems with the audio replacement or the audio itself, then all this should take is a simple plugin.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Quantumpencil

September 08, 2018, 12:40:22 am #21 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:18:25 am by Quantumpencil
I've started work concurrently with Nax on a few other upcoming chantage capabilities including:

1: The ability to add extra bytes to unit BattleData structs and use them in new Formulas/Battle (masks  for new status ailments... or a stored unit ID for a working taunt mod =p)
2: The ability to add extra bytes to AbilityData and use them in Formulas/Battle (masks for new status ailments)
3: The ability to add new abilities to the game without deleting old ones.

Current approach is something similar to the games approach to dealing with items; existing abilities are still located in their current tables, new abilities are located elsewhere and extra fields for all abilities are located in yet a third place, which a helper function which handles fetching the correct pointers to each struct when it is given an offset. Quite a few routines will have to be re-written and replaced to get this working as currently ability data  and the like is generally accessed via offset to the relevant pointer table. This is three pointers  which is kind of annoying but it easier for PoC  without breaking the whole game. Eventually this will probably end up being a new relocated table with all direct access to it replaced with  the getter function, but that is gonna be harder.

I was wondering if anyone involved with FFTPatcher might have a big list of where all of the data assets patcher patches are located in WotL; currently we're finding all of those as we go but the patcher obviously already has this information. I attempted to source dive it but I'm unfamiliar with C# (more importantly, the code is complex and opaque to someone just trying to dive in) so was unable to locate the offsets. If anyone has them, it would greatly speed up our work =)
  • Modding version: WotL
Modding version: WotL

Nax

Quick update a few months in:

The project is still going on. We've reversed a good deal of WotL at this point, and started to patch more stuff.
I've dealt with item names and descriptions. We've made a dynamic system for item descriptions. For example, edits to weapon's WP will be reflected in the description, new, custom jobs will be listed and so on.
Support for arbitrary amount of new items is getting mostly done. Still need to fix a few issues regarding animations and some menus.
I also worked a bit into expanding support, so new items can be bought from stores or treasure hunted or poached, and so on. Working fine so far!

(Image uses PSP items instead of a custom item due to some difficulties rendering custom item names in shops, but am working on it)

Heisho

That's pretty awesome man!
Please keep up the good work!
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Zero Dozer

Hm... This Chantage stuff is getting me very interested.

Especially if this means WotL becomes easily moddable.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nax

This has been more or less replaced by TacticsCrafter, which can achieve the same things, and should be much easier to use.