• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:11:34 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Sprite] Garamonde Elmdore "Gemini's Twin", The Samurai

Started by R999, June 28, 2010, 01:37:17 am

R999

Garamonde Elmdore, Proto R1 compared to Marquis Messam Elmdore

Garamonde Elmdore, Proto R3 compared to Marquis Messam Elmdore

^ R3 will take significantly longer to do compared to R1. Due to time constraints we probably won't be able to work on R3's concept, but if we end up having the time I would personally do it.  R1's full sprite can be completed in about 3 hours time. The biggest challenge for this sprite is colorization (a sprite consisting of only black and white is no trivial task, and his hair is really not easy to color right). That's already done as you can see above.

Kage's proto K1

Kagebunji

I wonder why I did not think of using Dyce's bottom, heh. Anyway, yours is a bit too plain, biggest parts(chest, skirt, arms) are black,  try making shirt white, like in the references we saw. Anyway good job.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

R999

I'll give that another try. Though I would argue that he's suppose to be a man behind the shadows, so black suits him well enough. Changing the top to white would require his gloves to be black, of which I am pretty sure it'll be too much of a contrast. I'll see how that turn out (btw the chest and top of the body were not based on anything).

Kagebunji

Well, it don't have to be exactly as I said, or as it is in our reference. Just make him more colorfull, not all black, you get the picture.

Smash

The current colors don't look bad.. In fact, I like them.

Here's another speed-pixeling concept. Critiques and edits come

Kagebunji

Awesome, Smash, this is amazing port. I know the sprite's colors doesn't look bad, but making him more colorfull could be nice. I suppose it differs for everyone.

R999

Hm, aside from the rough shading (of course) he seems to look just about right, the only thing that is bothering me about it is he does not look like his twin much. He looks almost too young (for 35). The hair really does look good.

We could probably change the original Elmdore's portrait to match this new one.

Edit: although, I think the angle for Garamonde's face shape (to the right) is almost too sharp.

Zozma

id opt for changing the original portrait, as smash's just looks better than his lol
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Smash

Ah.

Don't change a thing the just yet, I'll edit mine up. Got some ideas in mind.

Lijj

It's great .. wow!  
but his left eye -(our right) should come inward or like two px worth of a darker shade where the eye would start.
Interesting idea Zozma! Maybe make Elmdor match this..it is 4 years in the past. Elmdor's chin looks odd anyway
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Hey, post smaller size of your proto, R, or send me BMP. I am talkin about proto R1

R999

Kagebunji

Nay, my paint mess up colors, if I either make it smaller or bigger, kinda a pain in the ass, but that's how Paint on Win7 is.

R999

Then don't use Failpaint. That's your problem. Almost any kind of picture viewer/editor should be able to do a lossless downsize for hard-edged blown ups.

Kagebunji

I use GG and Paint, I will not use anything else, I am not eager to getting used up to other programs. Just post those smaller sizes, what is the damn problem here?

R999

Wow how much more can Microsoft fail? Seriously, I thought you were joking when Paint, Windows Photo Viewer, and GraphicsGale don't have a Resize option.

I feel sorry for you windows users. It is funny how MS still manages to piss me off everyday even when I am no longer using Windows.

@Kage: Go download Windows Live Photo Gallery, it's free. It has a Resize option under File Menu. Just incase when I am not around (like today, I am using my laptop).

Kagebunji

Heh, thanks. Yeah Microsoft failed with paint on win7, GG is okay, it just lacks the option to resize. Anyway, thanks.

Smash

Newest
[attachment=0:2amw118d]Wip port.png[/attachment:2amw118d]

-Same as Katelyn, need C&C

Lijj

I'd say the little part by his front strip of hair, about half way down: the shading looks a tiny bit square-ish (not Squaretm) but could be smoothed a lil
  • Modding version: PSX

R999

^ Portrait is coming off very nicely. Though I never imagined he would have collars (but they do look nice). I was thinking that his neck and chest could be a little more visible, you know like how Ryu and Ken's karate outfit would look like? But nevertheless this is fine too.

Lijj was saying how the "squared" part of the hair could be smoothed out a little bit more. Otherwise nothing much else to do.