• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:10:54 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[old]The Lion War 1.06 - DOWNLOAD HERE!

Started by 3lric, September 21, 2019, 06:20:31 pm

3lric

Version 1.05 of The Lion War, is now live! Download and patch to a new clean image and then you should be fine to load your hardsaves (not savestates) to see what was fixed, visit the bug reports thread HERE
  • Modding version: PSX

LuR3n

In this version I still cannot teach female units any abilities, why?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Did you patch a clean image file?

Choto said he found the issue that was causing that and fixed it and verified that it wasnt still happening

Amici

Hi Elric, great job with the update! Awesome! Just gotta ask again, I have a "customized" 1.04 image file like I said before. Is it necessary to re-do my whole customization again for 1.05? Or can I just re-patch the ASM hacks from the 1.05 set?

I'm doing the Resource Pack method of patching BTW

3lric

You can try just repatching the extra job 1.18 hack. Lemme know if that fixes the ability issues.

Amici

Elric, everything seems to have worked! I just repatched all ASMs on my 1.04 image. I can open the ability menus of females again. Need more testing of course, but for now I'm a happy bee.

pbrand

Awesome stuff. It's been a while since I've played FFT, but I figure I should do it through a mod this time since I'm behind on playing a bunch (Monster Tactics too).

What most piques my interest are the English-translated sound novels. After reading about them on various sites, I was just about inspired to recreate a rough standalone facsimile of them in Unity based on Youtube footage. Seems I don't have to pursue that side project  :D

Thanks!

old school

Thanks for your hard work on this!  It's pretty amazing how pro you guys are.  I check back from time to time as life permits, and it's always cool to see these projects continuing to move forward.

LV99 Vivi

did you patch out the item duplication glitch? i cant seem to duplicate excalibur...
edit: nevermind it works it just doesnt highlight in orange like it normally does
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: LV99 Vivi

qberry22

New to the community, so hiya. The 1.05 rar file seems to be corrupted. I tried it on multiple computers. Windows 10 won't open it, 7zip won't open it,  OSX was a no-go, and I even transferred it to my Chromebook which wouldn't open it either.  EDIT: disregard, I was using a version of 7zip from 2014. Current version opened it fine. Nothing to see here. Sorry.

FriJoe

February 15, 2020, 07:25:10 pm #70 Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:30:00 pm by FriJoe Reason: Reply
Awesome mod! Will love to give this a try. I do have a question. Is it possible for difficulty settings in the game? I love to have a challenge and the base unfortunately was too easy): sorry if i missed something in the logs, but I didnt see anything regarding difficulties.

EDIT: Thanks Elric for the quick response! I will look into a difficulty mod for it(:

3lric

Thats not within my skillset. Though this mod is made as a base for others to use in creating their own mods (provided that proper credit is given) so you or someone else could easily make a difficulty mod for it.

Jumza

This is so awesome! Congratulations on releasing this! I know so much hard work went into creating such an incredible resource, I can't wait to try it out!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Quote from: Jumza on February 17, 2020, 11:25:04 amThis is so awesome! Congratulations on releasing this! I know so much hard work went into creating such an incredible resource, I can't wait to try it out!
Thanks Jumza, good to see you are still alive and well :O

Jumza

Thanks man you too! Always nice to see things going on here after I've been away for a while!
I'm excited to get more chances to play these sound novels since you shared them with me last time, I was so horrible at the spy one! Hope that the last novel comes around soon :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Quote from: Jumza on February 20, 2020, 06:49:19 pmThanks man you too! Always nice to see things going on here after I've been away for a while!
I'm excited to get more chances to play these sound novels since you shared them with me last time, I was so horrible at the spy one! Hope that the last novel comes around soon :)

It will :)
Pokeytax is working on translating the 4th one

Jordan95

I think I found a slight issue with the Ashley Riot opening for ENTD 1E2. When it gets to Ramza's message the DisplayMessage location is a bit off. I will show with this picture.

My guess is in the TEST.EVT when DisplayMessage is used it is using the wrong Unit ID, which is currently x02, but not sure what the correct Unit ID would be.

Is this just me?

Edit: I'm sorry I just realized this is the wrong place and should be in the Bug Reports thread
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

Nyzer

Quote from: Jordan95 on March 01, 2020, 10:01:42 amI think I found a slight issue with the Ashley Riot opening for ENTD 1E2. When it gets to Ramza's message the DisplayMessage location is a bit off. I will show with this picture.

My guess is in the TEST.EVT when DisplayMessage is used it is using the wrong Unit ID, which is currently x02, but not sure what the correct Unit ID would be.

Is this just me?

Edit: I'm sorry I just realized this is the wrong place and should be in the Bug Reports thread

x02 is the Unit ID for Chapter 2-3 Ramza. It's not working for you because you're not using him; you've still got Chapter 1 Ramza, due to the game loading Ramza from Formation, while you're just taking a shortcut to that event from Chapter 1 for modding purposes.

3lric

Quote from: Jordan95 on March 01, 2020, 10:01:42 amI think I found a slight issue with the Ashley Riot opening for ENTD 1E2. When it gets to Ramza's message the DisplayMessage location is a bit off. I will show with this picture.

Is this just me?

Nyzer is correct in what he said.

Do not assume youve found a bug instead its during normal gameplay... you are manipulating my data to do a thing, of course its not gonna behave correctly while you have the wrong Ramza ID. You would never normally encounter that scene while having ch1 ramza

magitek

Hi! Is there a way to patch the game for a widescreen (like WoTL) without stretching everything?

And thanks for this patch, I wanted to play the psp version but the sound issues was too distracting for me.