• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:16:21 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Stat growth and multipliers

Started by thisisstupid999, June 02, 2011, 11:41:50 pm

thisisstupid999

So I've been trying to tweak my custom patch for Ramza where he has a different skillset and stats, and I can't seem to get it just right where I want it, and then I realized that I may be wrong on my understanding of the stats, so I went back to Gamefaqs and looked up the Stat flow chart, read it, and then got confused. My understanding has been that growth is your real and permanent statistics and multipliers are just what change depending on your job. I didn't think that multipliers had a permanent effect on your stats at all, and it was just your change in stats when you change jobs, but I could be wrong. Am I correct?

philsov

June 02, 2011, 11:54:39 pm #1 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:55:26 pm by philsov
no, that's pretty much it.

When a unit gains a level, they gain additional values to their "raw stats."  Each job's different multiplier transposes this raw stat value into an effective value, which is the thing that you actually see in-game.  However, it isn't something as simple as "5 growth = +5 HP at level up".  The level up equation takes into account the unit's level and current raw value, and has the growth value in the denominator.  This causes jobs with a lower growth value to, in fact, have higher growth.  Additionally this means your early-game level growths (1-20) matter more than your late-game ones (80-99)

A spreadsheet is here if you want to plug some numbers in and doodle for a spell.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1737.0

Ye olde Holy BMG:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/faqs/3876
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kokojo

Philsov forgot something. To edit ramza's stats you have also to edit his raw stats. They are stats that are reserved for ramza. You can find the in razele ASM topic. (that's only for starting stats, nothing else)

Otherwise phil's right XD
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

thisisstupid999

Thanks guys! You've been incredibly helpful.