• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:53:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[old]The Lion War 1.06 - DOWNLOAD HERE!

Started by 3lric, September 21, 2019, 06:20:31 pm

3lric

Quote from: magitek on April 02, 2020, 12:34:36 pmHi! Is there a way to patch the game for a widescreen (like WoTL) without stretching everything?

And thanks for this patch, I wanted to play the psp version but the sound issues was too distracting for me.

Nah, this is for the PSX version. No patch to make it widescreen. Not sure how youd even do that without it looking terrible, since it wasnt made for that like the psp version was
  • Modding version: PSX

magitek

Quote from: Elric on April 22, 2020, 02:17:14 amNah, this is for the PSX version. No patch to make it widescreen. Not sure how youd even do that without it looking terrible, since it wasnt made for that like the psp version was

There are widescreen patches for N64, GC, Dreamcast and even for Super Metroid on SNES without stretching 2D elements, for emulators. But I understand that this should be very difficult.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: magitek on April 23, 2020, 05:39:46 pmThere are widescreen patches for N64, GC, Dreamcast and even for Super Metroid on SNES without stretching 2D elements, for emulators. But I understand that this should be very difficult.

Be that as it may, it's simply not my area of expertise.

3lric

Version 1.06 of The Lion War, is now live! Download and patch to a new clean image and then you should be fine to load your hardsaves (not savestates) to see what was fixed, visit the bug reports and current version changelog thread HERE

arwinmongs

Hi Guys! I'm just a long-time FFT fan who happens to try something new. And luckily I found your site. :) Props to all of you for the great work and dedication to keep this classic PSX game fresh and exciting. :) I'm playing and The Journey of the Five mod right now and it's superb! However, this mod doesn't seem to work when i try to download it. Says the file is in an unknown format or damaged when I try to open the file. Can you please kindly help me on this one?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

jeoken

Can i play with installing the visual novels?

3lric

Quote from: jeoken on June 12, 2020, 06:15:33 amCan i play with installing the visual novels?

Your question makes no sense.

blood_falcon

@Elric When I tried to start the sidequest in Goug, the scene locked on loading screen. Is there any way around for this issue?
  • Modding version: WotL

3lric

Quote from: blood_falcon on August 31, 2020, 10:08:25 pm@Elric When I tried to start the sidequest in Goug, the scene locked on loading screen. Is there any way around for this issue?

Youll need to show some video of this or something, because there is no reason this should happen unless you changed something

HerperDerper

Heyo,

Just recently started mucking about with FFT mods and wanted to try out The Lion War.

One weird thing of concern though, I've patched the ISO already and was going to add the videos from WoTL and followed the link within the readme file within the .rar you can download.

Attempting to extract it revealed a Trojan located within the files. 'Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml' which is Ransomware. So...yeah...

Just thought I'd bring this up as this may have been modified by an outside source. I don't think anyone on here is attempting to be malicious and this isn't a callout, just wondering how I can get these vids patched in so I can enjoy the mod.

Cheers.

Thirteen1355

I think this is my first post on the forum, although my account has been around for a while. This hack looks fantastic, and a natural successor to FFTactics Complete.

It's a shame RomHacking.net (a site I frequent) seems to host a 'successor' of FFT Complete that hasn't done things as diligently as The Lion War.

Nyzer

Yeah, that "successor" actually has some ridiculous history to it.

It's a low quality rush job that exists just to try to spite Elric for not immediately dropping years of work on the original DK hack for an untested one that had been whipped up in one week.

Sdub

This looks fantastic, looking forward to it!
  • Discord username: Sdub

Sdub

Out of curiosity, if I wanted to use your patch as a base and just change some class names to the PSP version. Like instead of Priest, to White Mage. Which tool would i use for this? And is it a relatively simple thing to do?

Nyzer

You'd use the Resources version, and change their names when doing the Tactext part, using Tactext. There's a Quick Edit tab that should cover it.

Sdub

Quote from: Nyzer on February 08, 2021, 12:39:22 amYou'd use the Resources version, and change their names when doing the Tactext part, using Tactext. There's a Quick Edit tab that should cover it.

Thanks, ill tinker with it. Really its the spells names that drive me the most crazy Cure1/2/3 etc. I guess that would also involve me changing spell quotes

Sdub

Ansehelm

March 01, 2021, 11:33:14 pm #97 Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 12:21:43 am by Ansehelm
Rule of thumb is that multiple mods/hacks are never fully compatible.  Sure, you could apply the romhack over TLW, but at best it's going to overwrite all of the job/ability names that were changed for TLW, and probably create other bugs.  Best bet is to download TLW resources, and manually change all the abilities/names you want with the FFtext editor like Nyzer said.  Most shortcuts just lead to bug-world.

Sdub

Quote from: Ansehelm on March 01, 2021, 11:33:14 pmRule of thumb is that multiple mods/hacks are never fully compatible.  Sure, you could apply the romhack over TLW, but at best it's going to overwrite all of the job/ability names that were changed for TLW, and probably create other bugs.  Best bet is to download TLW resources, and manually change all the abilities/names you want with the FFtext editor like Nyzer said.  Most shortcuts just lead to bug-world.

I suppose I'll try to learn it. I opened the editor and saw quite a few things missing. Maybe its just me needed to learn the program better.

Rads24

The link to install WotL movie is expired or deleted