• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:05:39 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Zodiac Crisis

Started by Lydyn, May 16, 2008, 07:43:06 pm

Lydyn

May 27, 2008, 01:53:31 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
... heh. Basically you can give a monster an empty skillset (like 4D) and they use it perfectly, letting you make a monster with up to 16 skills. You can also force secondaries and equipment onto them.

Vanya

May 27, 2008, 03:12:54 pm #61 Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 07:51:20 pm by Vanya
That's really useful. Thanks for passing it on.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Armorvil

May 27, 2008, 04:56:09 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Armorvil
Quote from: "Lydyn"To be honest, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it just plain pisses me off when people tell me what I'm doing is wrong and there's no argument about it. Asmo sounded like he was saying that and then ontop of that, started to comment about how me being annoyed about it was stupid ...

Maybe you don't understand, but that's who I am. I'll admit I didn't respond in the best way, and I apologize, even though I'm stubborn about those sort of things. I'm not perfect and I'll never claim to be.

I know this might be a little late, but I'm nicely trying to say I'd appreciate those that give me ideas about this - or any other patch - to please try to take into account that even if you think an idea is 'stupid' to remember not everyone is the same, so it might be more enjoyable to others.

Much like the reflect idea. Some of you think it'd fit the patch better, some others probably think it's stupid not to include it, but some of us don't even want to see that in the patch.

Anyways, if I have been a jerk, I'm sorry. I'm just asking everyone to respect my ideas and my choices. I choose to make two seperate ones, for those who're still interested, for those who enjoy the ranged attacks = good, and for those who dislike the idea. Seems like I still need a lot of practice with my social skills. :shock: ), and praise the trolls. That is a quite interesting behavior in my book.

Please take note that I'm not looking to make an enemy of anyone here. I'm not judging anyone (only what was written at the time) - I just read the topic and I just don't understand. Why would the actors in this topic would pick on Lydyn, when his only fault was to behave like a normal human in front of people who would keep coming back with their own ideas of "fun", obviously not knowing when to stop ?

I voiced my thoughts, I rest my case now.

Archael

May 27, 2008, 07:22:19 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
^ I don't even know what to say.

You're from like another planet or something.

Austin

May 27, 2008, 08:55:59 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
:shock:
  • Modding version: PSX

Lydyn

May 28, 2008, 01:24:09 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I can kind of see why they thought I was a jerk ... me being defensive and all, but whatever. *Shrug* I'm not going to argue when a moderator threatens to shut my patch down, whether I'm right, I'm wrong, or everyone's right/wrong.

Anyways, I'm changing Crossbows and Spears to this;

Bow Gun
• Adds: Darkness

Night Killer
• Adds: Silence
• +1 WP than Bow Gun

Cross Bow
• Adds: Confusion

Poison Bow
• Adds: Poison (Still)
• +1 WP than Cross Bow

Hunting Bow
• Adds: Stop

Gastrafitis
• Adds (Random): Stop, Don't Move, Don't Act

Javelin
• May cast Bolt
• Lightning Elemental

Spear
• May cast Ice
• Ice Elemental

Mythril Spear
• May cast Dispel Magic
• Water Elemental

Partisan
• May cast Slow (Crisis version)

Oberisk
• May cast Stop (Crisis version)

Holy Lance
• May cast Holy
• Hoy Elemental

Dragon Whisker
• May cast Bahamut

Javelin (Ultimate Version)
• May cast Death
• Darkness Elemental

Lydyn

June 01, 2008, 08:31:09 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
If anyone wuld like to see v0.1 completed to play on or even play test, let me know. Otherwise I'm taking a bit of a break... v0.1 is almost done, but there's no harm in taking a break if everyone is content in waiting.

Archael

June 01, 2008, 09:33:31 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
u should come by the chat for some crazy ideas

alot of ideas tossed around but never used, perfect for Crisis

Caliburn

June 01, 2008, 09:38:30 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Caliburn
All jobs have no equipment limitations.

Maybe not crazy, but would be cool to see Lancers running around with Harps, and Time Mages doing some damage with crazy damage with spears and wearing heavy armor.

I also second Dualwield Guns.

Archael

June 01, 2008, 09:40:31 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
omg yes and dual xbows

Lydyn

June 03, 2008, 01:17:02 am #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
All right, noted. ^^ I'm going to take a break still though. I've been working lately and playing with my cousin.

Lydyn

August 11, 2008, 10:07:40 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I'm not at all up to date on anything. :shock:
But I think I finally found time to come back to this, at least for enough time to complete this, if anyone cares. Mostly it's me trying to get my lisense, working at my job, playing with my cousins, trying my new games, getting ready to DM for NwN ... and so on. Mostly the lisense and work.

Anywho ... to be completely honest, I've forgotten a bit of what I was doing. I believe I was just finishing the ENTD changes and waiting for the Tonberry sprite. It'd be nice to get some suggestions and helpful hints to help me get back into things, though - just to make sure there's no miscommunication - I want to finish this up as is and then go from there.

SentinalBlade

August 14, 2008, 09:27:43 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
OMG DM FOR NWN :O LET ME JOIN!!!

Secondly; i have a completed tonberry sprite in my list of japanese sprites. it is the same style as the one that was being worked on here on the boards, but the japanese just did it faster(mainly 4 months ago)

Lydyn

August 15, 2008, 05:11:15 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oh, someone replied! Thanks! It'd be awesome to get that Tonberry sprite, even if I don't have like.. tons of time for this. I hate to leave it unfinished. Tonberry was supposed to be a big part of it somewhere. Once I get that, I'll sit down one afternoon and concentrate on finishing this.