• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:38:20 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Question about FFTorgASM

Started by Philogosten, September 30, 2013, 03:46:31 pm

Philogosten

Ok so I hadn't done any modding for this game in years but I recently started again so I had to redownload the tools.
Now FFTorgASM has a lot more options than it used to. My problem is that many of the options don't explain what they do. The formula ones I get but there is a lot of stuff like "Sprite hack [Special units and generic humans]" and in the area where the description for formulas normally is it just says that exact thing again. It has me a bit frustrated since I googled around but cant seem to find any information on what these options mean. Is there a list of what the options actually do somewhere?
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

Paheej

Quote from: Philogosten on September 30, 2013, 03:46:31 pm
Ok so I hadn't done any modding for this game in years but I recently started again so I had to redownload the tools.
Now FFTorgASM has a lot more options than it used to. My problem is that many of the options don't explain what they do. The formula ones I get but there is a lot of stuff like "Sprite hack [Special units and generic humans]" and in the area where the description for formulas normally is it just says that exact thing again. It has me a bit frustrated since I googled around but cant seem to find any information on what these options mean. Is there a list of what the options actually do somewhere?

"Zodiac.XML" has these for the values for reference purposes:

<Patch name="Sprite Hack (special units, generic humans and generic monsters)">
<Location offset="00020AE4" file="BATTLE_BIN"> FFFF4230 FFFF422C </Location>
</Patch>

(I honestly have been out of the loop for a while and am more interested in War of the Lions modding - however figured I would post that here in case their is any more discussion about these particular offsets/values - to help with searching).