• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by Elric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

Jumza

Quote from: coldds on January 25, 2021, 10:15:57 pmHow many chapters do you guys want to release chapters besides 2? Or Ch2 is the last one?

JoT5 has been planned out to be 4 chapters, though each chapter has more content than any of the vanilla chapters.

Quote from: coldds on January 25, 2021, 10:15:57 pmDo you guys want to add new features for future Chapters too or Ch2 will have all the desired features and future Chapters will be usual "more stages and items" (which means that it will be released faster)?

Great question! Chapter 2 and the chapter 1 re-release together have covered the development of most new features, unless more are decided on later to be added in you are correct, the rest of the chapters will take a lot less time because it will be mostly event and balance work.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
The demo was just released! Come check it out!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.

Tytytoast

When chapter two is released, will we have to restart from the beginning?
  • Discord username: Tytytoast

Elric

Quote from: Tytytoast on February 04, 2021, 06:16:41 pmWhen chapter two is released, will we have to restart from the beginning?

Yes
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other

Tytytoast

Elric

Quote from: Tytytoast on February 07, 2021, 02:55:12 amWill every chapter update require us to restart??

No, it's because its not just chapter 2 coming out. a lot of new content was made for the re-release of ch1
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Elric on February 07, 2021, 05:17:12 amNo, it's because its not just chapter 2 coming out. a lot of new content was made for the re-release of ch1

Enough to overload one's salivary glands, it would seem.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Tytytoast

I just rewatched the new content videos, and I'm so hyped.  All the extras like farming, mining, and logging look sooooooo cool and is definitely something that FFT was missing that I didn't even notice!

leedubs

Hey there,

Just wanted to send a thank you to your team. This mod is UNREAL! Loved FFT, Jot5 brings the heat!!

Mudvayne

Haven't posted on here in a few years but still have been watching this project from the sidelines, checking in every few months and seeing the progress.

Just know you have another anxious fan awaiting the release of ch2 and all the ch1 updates. I can't fathom the amount of work that this project has undergone. Hats off to any and everyone involved in this project in some way.

I'll patiently wait happily until everything is up to the teams standards. You guys have made something very special here!

Hyraldelita

SAme as Mudvayne here.. waiting with anticipation.

Elric

Quote from: Hyraldelita on March 26, 2021, 06:03:17 pmSAme as Mudvayne here.. waiting with anticipation.

Good, because Nyzer is currently making a pass again thru all the ch1 events, then as he moved to the final pass (before more testing) on the ch2 events, ill be condensing the ch1 events using the new structure.

We are still a bit out, but much closer than we ever have been before, since those 3 gathering events are all working now :)

Tytytoast

Quote from: Elric on March 26, 2021, 06:06:27 pmGood, because Nyzer is currently making a pass again thru all the ch1 events, then as he moved to the final pass (before more testing) on the ch2 events, ill be condensing the ch1 events using the new structure.

We are still a bit out, but much closer than we ever have been before, since those 3 gathering events are all working now :)

Omg so excited I can't wait to play chapter 2! This is amazing!! Patiently waiting, but so excited!!!!!!

term

Just popping to show support.
I loved the first part but I thought this project would never get finished as many others.

So, thank you all for your commitment, wish I could somehow support you guys.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown