• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:52:59 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

New characters

Started by Myrmidon, July 16, 2013, 10:11:24 pm

Myrmidon

ok, planning on giving custom jobs and classes to:

Rad
Lavian
Alicia
Boco (replace with Human)
Byblos (replace with Human)

All different classes.

I know I can replace Malak (dead), Balmafuma, Simon, and Gaffgarion, but what else can I work with?

I'm blindly assuming that I can replace Byblos (since he's demon rather than monster...likely wrong on this, but meh), but in general, are there enough unused/replacable sprites to accomplish this?

rnorphling

bump this up! I want to know more as well. Could anyone help on this?

Myrmidon

correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Undead Classes (Oracle, Knight, Summoner, Wizard, Time Mage, etc.) can also be revamped to become new characters.

Someone in the know, please correct me if I'm wrong.

RedWorld

I think so too. I mean if you replace the extra wizards and such I don't think it would cause a difference in the normal wizards. Even if it does you can just replace the sprites with the fft patcher.

Sorry if it doesn't seem to make sense. I'm getting seasick on this boat I'm on and I'm trying to focus not to be that way. Lol!

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Myrmidon

I just checked the sprite sheets on-site.  there's a Male Wizard on 37, a second at 42, and another down with the generic classes at 6C

This tells me that 37/42 is likely Undead Wizard and, therefore, replacable. (this is all without cross-refrencing what those sprites are attached to in FFTP, of course)

personally, I wouldn't mind losing the Undead Time Mages on the way to Velius if it means adding in something neat to have in lieu of Boco instead...

Myrmidon

August 25, 2013, 01:50:21 pm #5 Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:04:40 pm by Myrmidon
ok, I THINK I have a concise list of replacables.

11: Gaffgarion - 27: Dark Sword
12: Dead Malak - Duplicate skillset
13: Simon - 00: no skillset
14: Alma - Battle w/Ajora - 4C: Holy Magic
21: Balmafula 00: no skillset
3B: (nameless) - duplicate skillset
3D: Knight (Undead) - 9B: Sword Skill
3F: Archer (Undead) - 9C: Charge
42: Wizard (Undead) - 9D: Black Magic
44: Time Mage (Undead) - 9E: Time Magic
46: Oracle (Undead) - 9F: Yin-Yang Magic
47: Summoner (Undead) - A0: Summon

Anyone looking to use the Undead classes could very easily just make an accessory for the enemies (Phylactry?) that gives Undead, Float, and makes them immune to Invite...and just give them maintenence as their continuous ability.

Myself? I see those units at the bottom of the list as ripe for the picking for Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Boco and Byblos replacements - with no need to tinker around with Lede/Celia's unused spots.

Unless, of course, someone who actually knows what's going on can tell me different.

Also: what's preventing us form using, say, 9F as a job?  it's completely blank...we can use blank skill spots, right? why not blank classes?

zitimotley

Hi ,

Are you able confirm the usability of the undead units?

Myrmidon

naw, they're coded as monsters, it seems...cant change jobs/equipment.  Might need some ASM coding to be usable...which is pure BS, but whatever...

zitimotley

Aw that's sad.

Anyway, can you help me out here. im trying to add Isilud to my party but i do not want to overwrite Gaffy, Simon, Oran, Ovelia, Alma and Valmafra's sprites because i also have them in my party. I'm interested to know how to replace Malak's dead sprite with that of Isilud while still having Malak in my party. Please help as you are the only one here who seems to be on the same page with me.

Myrmidon

there's a dud Celia and a dud Lede that you can use - I forget the sprite codes for 'em, though.  that's how you're supposed to do the replacing:

change Dead Malak to dud Lede in FFTP
change sprite of dud Lete to Malak's sprite
Dead Malak is now free to add to the party, and mod as needed.

You can still use Alma, by the way - there's 2 Almas.  1 for "normal" use, and 1 set aside solely for her Altima battle appearance.  change the Altima battle one to her standard one, and you've got another open spot.

The F00l

I'm pretty sure you can use Teta's corpse too.

zitimotley

Thanks guys =)

What is dud? do you mean dead?

I want them to also have formation sprites. If i do the above instructions in conjunction with the tutorial by Celdia will it give me their unique sprites in the formation screen?

Jumza

dud as in unused. The unused versions of Celia and Lede are marked in the ShiShi sprite manager
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

zitimotley

will they have their own formation sprite? im just wondering how moving someone's sprite in shishi would affect fftevrp. Sorry im a little confused.

Atma

In regards to Simon and Balmafula, replacing them wouldn't affect anything since they only ever use event sprites, or do the events call these sprites as well?  Also, since they don't have a skillset, how would someone go about adding one?  Would it entail taking some other skillset and changing it, or can we use a blank slot?

As for the Undead sprites... they are 'special' monsters... so, what does that mean?  Would any skillset you give them have all abilities learned?  Can they be given equipment in ENTD?  In other words, can they 'act' just like Humans if you set them up as such?

Also, are there sprites that can be used for generics, or would they all be special units besides the ones already designated as generics?

(p.s. sorry for asking more questions than actually answering anything... i just have very little free time to test this out)
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

zitimotley

What i want..is a sprite that has its own portrait and battle formation sprite. And please do not mention Gaff, Alma, Simon, Orran, Valmafra and Ovelia as i already have them added but i want more unique characters. Now with that said, what you guys have been recommending about using dead malak sprite, teta, unused celia lede etc all involve modifying just shishi and EENTD which is fairly easy to do but the main question is, what about FFTEVGRP?? It is the most important tool at least for what i want as it is the one that can edit unit.bin and wildface.bin both necessary for formation screen and portrait.

3lric

October 23, 2013, 09:56:49 am #16 Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:05:20 am by Elric
Atma, they do have a bit of EVTCHR but they are also present in the event via sprite for normal walking animations

Zitimotley, why dont you LOOK in EVGRP... Atvmost you should be able to work it out with the UWEntries. Olan, Simon, etc HAVE formation sprites and since they dont actually join you can link those formation sprites to someone else...
  • Modding version: PSX

zitimotley

sorry i forgot to mention, im playing WOTL so UWentries wont work.

Okay i guess i only need one question answered as i think we're going in circles here.

If i use the dead Malak sprite in Shishi, is there a chance that i can replace it with a custom sprite that will have its OWN sprite in formation screen and pre battle without affecting the other Malak as i still want to have him in my party.