• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:11:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Blade Grasp mod

Started by Haiku, May 21, 2013, 09:58:02 am

Haiku

Hi there,

Diclaimer:
I played this game like 15 years ago, and somehow wanted to give it another try. It's such a great game that put to shame most of the today's video-game production!
I stumble on the active modding/hacking community around this game that have supported and improved this game during all this year. Thanks you for doing that!
For the moment I'm planning on running the game with the "rebirth" mod (1.3 "easy"mode scared me a little bit atm. Maybe later).

I do have one question though. I read that someone wanted to fix blade graps skill by making it only trigger on blade attack (and also reducing evasion to 2/3 of Brave).  I think this is a great idea, but his mod was cancelled later on.

The mod FFT Kind Of was supposed to also try to fix blade grasp, but in the end it appears that the skill was just be removed. FFT 1.3 did the same: Is that so because there is no way to fix (read: nerf) that skill properly ? Because if there is a solution, I really wanted to give it a try. Or maybe rebirth already include such a change ? (I wasn't able to find a full changelog about this mod, so I'm not sure...).

Anyway, again kudos to every one involved in the community here, this game just deserve it!

Oroborobo

I think blade grasp should probably work on any kind of weapon attack

Anybody who thinks blade grasp shouldn't work on guns hasn't read The Watchmen

Eternal

Thanks for reminding me, Haiku. I can totally fix Blade Grasp now, for the PSX version anyways. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Haiku

May 22, 2013, 04:32:26 am #3 Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:00:59 am by Haiku
I'm curious: how will you do that ? I just found the FFTorgASM software, in which there is a checkbox to modify blade grasp behavior. You could define on which weapon the skill will trigger, which is half the battle. If I could also reduce a little bit the activation percentage, it will be even better.

But I was wondering if I could apply FFTorgASM on a already modified/patched ISO ? I don't understand the inner structure of the game data file, but I do have the feeling it should work anyway. I will give it a try.

Good luck with the next release of FFT KO, it seems to be a good mod also.

Eternal

In the case of KO, you could use the Blade Grasp ASM found in FFTorgASM and apply it and it would work fine. All you'd need to do then is use the Patcher to give Blade Grasp back to Samurai as a learnable skill.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817