• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:12:50 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

MJNess

Hmm. I was pretty sure that I had cleared that battle but I didn't get the acacia hat. I'm gonna try again.

Edit: Yup no Acacia hat. I have one but I stole that from a story battle enemy long ago so I'm pretty sure that it's not the reward. And how to get a defender? Other than ninja throws?

kyozo22

Hey, couple of slightly off-topic questions:

Who the hell did that title screen? It looks amazing.

Are they available for hire? :P
  • Modding version: WotL

Eternal

Sorry, it had been a minute since I messed with KO PSP, so I was mistaken. Defender itself no longer exists as it had been replaced with Durandal, and therefore can no longer be obtained, and Ninja won't Throw those items.

As for the Acacia Hat, I think I fixed the problem... hopefully. It'll be fixed in the next update. It's supposed to be a MD only item, but since it used to be the Black Cowl, I may have accidentally left it on a storyline enemy.

As for the title screen, I believe Lijj made it! :D

Are you enjoying MD and the endgame stuff so far, MJ?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MJNess

Ah I see. I just cleared terminus and I thought Elidibus would be much harder considering his predecessors are beefed up. I would suggest you beef him up much more, a few rend magick left him so much weaker that it's kind of pitiful even with soulbind.

I think I got the Acacia hat in one of the battles with malak, I can't remember which one though.

As for overall experience in MD I would say 8.5/10. There are quite a few really enjoyable battles like the four fiends, alma and co. and templar knights, although the onion knights battle are really annoying especially if you didn't get the item that you wanted (took me five battles to get the armor). I really can't say if removing move-find items are good or bad since it makes going through each floors much faster but on the other hand hunting for items is quite fun especially for completionists (like me).

EDIT: There's one BIG HUGE bug in All star melee... upon completing the said quest... another Ramza popped out in the roster! lol it's the ramza in the battle with no skills except the one he was equipped with... he became the 24th Member in my team so I don't know if others might join after the battle. And the worst part is I can't dismiss him!  Durandal is present as a reward (you said that the algus battle is the only way to obtain durandal, so idk if it's intended) the pig battle didn't give any reward though (supposed to be sage ring right?)

Eternal

I suspect I know why those issues are both happening, and I'll fix them now for the next update. Thanks for the feedback! How'd you enjoy the main story?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

MJNess

I'm going to correct myself first at the ratings I'll change it to 9/10 because of the Lucavi battle it took me several tries to finally clear that battle and I gotta say it was quite fun.

As for main story probably an 8 because it became somewhat challenging (templar battles) but some are still the same even with the same levels.

Eternal

Hmm. If you're looking for a greater challenge, I'd advise trying FFT KO Critical Mode, which is only for the PSX version at present, but can be found here.

MJNess

I'll probably try it somewhere in the near future if I have time  :) I forgot to say that the game is really balanced (until you get the really rare items, just like in vanilla) really great work on making it like that  :)

I found another bug in the orbonne battle lost halidom, one of the dark behemoth's sprite looks like young ramza(and I thought it's a special character lol)

Edit: lol this bug is pretty funny. I recruited this monster, in the roster there are no sprites except for the shadow, now I went to battle it's picture is tietra and if you select it, marach's sprite shows up! Then at battle it becomes young ramza again with dark behemoth skills but when attacking like gore it uses a knife to perform it! Weird but funny Lol

Eternal

MJNess

I'm done with the game so basically that's all I can point out except for a few more bugs.

-if the onion gear is intended to be md only items then onion gloves is not as they are stolen somewhere in the story, I forgot which one though but I think its around chapter 3 or 4. The onion sword can be thrown by ninjas btw so you can actually get it early if you power level in early chapters.

- I don't know if it's a bug in the game itself but while I was fighting the onion knights in md I used reis' holy breath after the attack the menu that showed is the status/AI screen under reis I can't do anything if I select any characters in only shows the same menu so eventually I had to reset the game though it only happended once.

- again idk if this is a bug in the game itself but again in md I attacked a chemist with counter equipped so the chemist countered but he attacked 4 times! The animation looked like it was looping stopping halfway then attacks again but the damage dealt was equivalent to 4 attacks so it was a legit attack but 4 times? Btw he was using blaze gun if it was of any consequence. It happened twice one is on the world map and was also using a gun.

FrozenDragon150

Sorry, is there any way for the patch to be ported to USA version? I only have an USA iso, so the patch doesn't work for me, and I'm REALLY looking forward to playing this  :(

Eternal

Unfortunately, there are no plans to change it, since it would be really time consuming to redo everything. It would honestly be easiest to just acquire an EUR ISO and use that. Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

FrozenDragon150

Oh, in that case, a question, is it possible to transfer the multiplayer battles to Midlight Deep the same way you did here, with the FFTPatcher? 'Cause that's the one I'm currently using in tandem with Lion Editor, to make a 'funtype', where I set all my allies and enemies levels to 99, with matching equipment, I really dislike grinding, and I love battles when both sides are equally staked, but that is the only thing that I'm really shooting for, the multiplayer battles in single player.

meangelman

I love this patch.  The previous download I installed on my psp was the fftactics 1.3 insanely derpy.  I just could not get my self to enjoy it.  I found it too difficult, so it kind of ended my playing of fftactics in all.  I saw this patch and decided to try it out.  I'm loving all the small changes.  The first battle I got into was a chocobo, some lion creature, and three red goblins.  The goblins kept disabling me, the lion kept using chakra on itself and others to heal, and the chocobo kept being a turd.  It just kept healing, reviving, and running away with the occasional coming back to peck at my people.  If the rest of the patch content is just like that first battle, then I think I'm going to like playing this game again.  Thank you for creating this patch.

Eternal

Thanks for the warm compliment, I'm glad you're enjoying it! The entire premise behind KO- especially the PSP version- is to make battles more even and interesting while not making them ludicrously difficult and unenjoyable. Hopefully you'll play through and enjoy the other changes as well, especially the ones made in Chapter IV!

Smoker

Dude i just want to say your THE MAN! I do have one question will there any be a chance the PSX sounds will ever be able to be applied to PSP?? cuz i miss them dearly
SMOKER!

Eternal

That's beyond the scope of KO, I'm afraid. The slowdown fix attached to the patch makes things sound a little better by proxy, but restoring the actual PSX sound effects isn't something that'll be in KO.

GaresTaylan

Just curious - have treasures from move/find been altered? If so is there an updated list?

Eternal

September 22, 2014, 11:21:31 pm #198 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:13:59 am by Eternal
All Move-Find Items are now 100% rare finds, and the new battlefields (Inner Limberry and Zeltennia Castle) now also have Move-Finds, but the items in the latter can't be acquired in the current version.

EDIT: Also, most Move-Finds in Midlight's Deep have been turned into Elixirs.

arglebargle13579

October 15, 2014, 06:21:02 pm #199 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:04:19 pm by arglebargle13579
Just a heads-up, I'm playing a freshly patched copy of the game (KO 2.5 on euro psp wotl image) and smart encounters aren't working for me, nor is renamaing units from the soldier office. Other than that everything I've seen is working as expected and I did receive the "if you're seeing this" KO popup on start.

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to make this, it's a blast to play.

edit: One little bit of feedback after a dozen hours: Rend ability chance feels too high. I just played through the falls mission and literally lost a dozen pieces of equipment - Delita lost every single thing he had equipped by turn 2. I get that the knight class needs to feel more dangerous to face than it does in vanilla but I don't think this is the way to do it, it's just frustrating and annoying when there are 4+ NPC knights.