• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:29:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

Eternal

That's pretty hilarious. I'll check it out tomorrow, when I'll release KO PSP 2.4.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

KO PSP's huge update is finally here! Multiplayer items are now in singleplayer, with a few obtainable during the main quest, and the rest obtainable by beating the Multiplayer missions in Midlight's Deep! This took a very long time to do, but hopefully you all will enjoy it! I didn't get the chance to test the entire thing, since my PSP is acting up, so if you notice anything odd, please let me know ASAP. Enjoy!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

xhai

i like your patch.. :lol: :lol:

the only thing it need is some extra monster and character.

revamping some animation skill..

with special random battles i think it need a special war trophy price equip or item just suggesting..

Eternal

FFT: KO's purpose is to rebalance Vanilla while staying true to it. Adding new monsters, characters, and animations would go against that, sadly.

bignickm27

I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans.

Eternal

Yeah, you'll still need an EUR ISO. I've been swamped with work and my laptop is effectively dead now, so I haven't had the chance to make a universal patch for each ISO yet.

Feuholden

July 03, 2013, 07:01:21 am #146 Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:11:42 am by Feuholden
Can u make 1 Patch with these change only :

-SLOWDOWN FIXED!
-Multiplayer items have been imported into Singleplayer by overriding some existing, rarely used items.
-Multiplayer battles have been imported into Midlight's Deep.
-Multiplayer items have been added, and have replaced some existing items. Most can be acquired by beating battles in Midlight's Deep. (PSP)
-Ability to steal from Elmdore.
-Alicia, Rad, and Lavian come with 70 Brave and 70 Faith. (PSX/PSP)
-Cloud's Limits no longer require the Materia Blade, but do require a Sword to be used. (PSX/PSP)
-Braver, Cross-Slash, and Omnislash are now based on PA and WP. (PSX/PSP)
-Aim skills are faster. (PSP)

Don't Change WP. or add/remove Some special to equip. (ex: serpent add speed+1/Onion Sword WP down to 17) don't do it :) oh.. and Remove Using MP Skills u change like (ex: Focus Using MP 5/Shadowblade MP 10) just keep all Normal.

I Like this Patch.. just change a bit..
I Beg you please.. :)

Thanks you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I Play Every Mod

Eternal

Sorry, but that likely won't be happening anytime soon. KO PSP will likely be updated soon with KO PSX's newest changes. There may even be some videos of KO PSP eventually if I can figure out how to record from the PSP emulator and insert my own music.

Feuholden

oow.. ic.. i just want to try equip without change WP or Special effect from Melee Mode / Rendezvous Mode..

>_< Thanks you.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
I Play Every Mod

Eternal

KO PSP has been updated with a small update to version 2.5. Enjoy! KO PSP Critical Mode coming soon~

xenoxc

I'm using PSP Go with CFW 6.60 PRO-C2 & i have some freeze while shopping

can you help me?

tckight

Just wanted to contribute by saying I had no problems getting this to work by getting a EUR ISO, patching with ppf o matic, and putting the patched iso in my "ISO" folder like every other psp game.  Works like a charm, and I'm enjoying it a lot so far! 

One question I have:  I noticed in the changelog there were quite a few items that are obtainable by "Treasure Hunt," such as something added in the bonus battle against Argath.  Is there any record of where these items are, or do I need to park my characters with treasure hunt on every tile to find them?

Eternal

Late reply, I know, but all the Treasure Hunts are in their Vanilla locations, so any guide will work for the new items. :)

MJNess

Hello! I've been playing for a while still in early chapters but grinded like crazy (like I always do every time I play FFT psx/psp) I haven't used this patch yet but I AM really interested. So question is do I need to restart th whole game in order to play with this patch? Or could I patch my game midway? And also I have a US iso, I can convert my US save to euro using the editor right?

Eternal

I would start with a new save, since a lot of changes won't look correct if you just start with an old save. You would need a EUR ISO to play the patch without errors- so the ISO itself would need to be different.

MJNess

Ok. First off... I never knew my copy is EUR all along lol :shock: anyway I decided to patch and use my current save which is only at the point of entering zeklaus for the first time so pretty early in the game. I didn't start over since I've put at least 4 hours in grinding and I figured since I am this early the changes won't impact my game at all right? One thing I noticed I still have gain JP equipped (squire) and I see that squires doesn't have that skill anymore but if removed it disappears completely in the list. So if leave it equipped do I still gain the jp bonus right? Is it still learnable with other jobs? Sorry if this in the older changelogs I've only read from 2.3 to 2.5.

Also storyline enemies caught me off guard I never knew their levels are about the same as mine with better equipment lol (random battle 4 goblin using spin fist one after the other almost decimated my party lol).  Enemies in dorter are only level 2 then in zeklaus they became level 20  :shock: haha but so far so good quite enjoyable and quite challenging so far.

EDIT:
Fire spell has 1 radius wider than blizzard/thunder and speed is diferent also I think it's significantly weaker. Is it intended? And also I've been trying to find the older changelogs so that I have an idea if some changes are intended or not.

Eternal

If you keep it equipped you'd still gain the JP bonus, but the skill was removed from Squire. Enemies scale in level now, and yes, each elemental Black Magick spell has a different quirk. :)

MJNess

Did you also change encounter types on random battle? I kept encountering 2 guest chocobo + a group of squires chemist and thieves. I don't recall encountering them on mandalia plains (I could be wrong though).

Eternal

In KO PSP, I imported some of the multiplayer battles as regular battles. I believe that's one of them. :)

MJNess

Do you have a list of those battles if you don't mind.

Edit: I just had an idea would it be possibe to make special characters such as zalbaag/argath/delita or ovelia permanent playable characters? I know you want to make this as close as possible to vanilla but you can treat it as a special end game bonus or something like invitable characters deep within MD, it wont affect the story that much right? Possible or not?

Edit again: there's a bug in dark knight - skills are usable even if not activated yet.