• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:40:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

3lric

Altho PSP is region free, there is still a difference between the PAL and NTSC versions
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

FDC and I found the issue, I think. We're playing around with it now.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Okay, so, I'm going to try and make a fix for this tomorrow. Currently, it looks like the problem is that the base ISO I'm using was mislabelled as US when it's really EUR... which is why EUR ISOs were working. I'll try and get my hands on a US ISO tomorrow to release a fix/update.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Was hoping to have an update up today, but my internet is being screwy. Doesn't help that these elections are distracting. >_>

Everything will be hopefully put together tomorrow. Sorry about the wait!

Tea

As I'm testing a playthrough, might as well critique what I found. I'm done with chapter one, and it went pretty well. I like that I can buy items everywhere, so I don't have to backtrack as much. As for the battles, I found magic pretty awesome, but I thought Vanilla was the same in that regard. Quite a lot storybattles are killing one dude, and they die quickly with 3 black mages. This is especially nice since you don't have to grind much, which I loathe quite a bit. I guess the party will end up with monks, a summoner and another mage, and Ramza can switch as needed. Then the side-quests, which should be harder, and that is where the testing really begins. Oh well, I might just use lioneditor to quickly gain some jp. Time to see the world as it is, and become the Beoulve Ramza does not care to be, in chapter 2.

Eternal

Magic is really good in Chapter I and most of Chapter II, yeah. Chapter II and III tend to be easier with debuffing magic than direct damage magic. Summoners are kind of meh right now, and that's something I'm looking at changing in the near future. Thanks for the feedback so far!

Tatzelveln

No rush man, my internet just got installed today making it easier for me to post, so once again let me know if there's anything I can do. :)

Eternal

Okay, so, in the meantime (and until otherwise stated) USE AN EUR ISO! That should fix most peoples' crashing problems.

Eternal

So, here's the current changelog for KO PSP 2.4. Anything I'm missing that needs to be changed/added before I release an update?

-Cloud's Limits no longer require the Materia Blade, as it no longer exists.
-Cloud's Limits are now based on PA, WP, and require Swords to use.
-Critical: Restore HP and Reflexes have been removed.
-Propositions are now properly 1 day long.
-Robe of Lords now properly no longer bestows Always: Protect/Shell.
-Multiplayer items have been added, and have replaced some existing items. Most can be acquired by beating battles in Midlight's Deep.
-Chocobo Cure no longer has AoE.
-Jujitsu Gi is no longer PA +1, is now Immune: Doom, Death, Undead.
-Attack Boost and Arcane Strength's JP costs have been increased.
-Onion Sword WP down to 17.
-Francisca WP down to 15 becomes Add: Disable.
-Golden Axe becomes Add: Death.
-Orochi WP down to 9.
-Stardust Rod WP down to 3 and becomes Cast: Gravity.
-Sagittarius Bow gains Speed +1.
-Durandal gains Initial: Reflect.
-Gae Bolg gains Jump +3.
-Gungnir WP down to 19.
-Reverie Shield P-EVD down to 10%.
-Brass Coronet gains Immune: Berserk.
-Grand Armor gains Initial: Reraise.
-Onion Armor loses Initial: Reflect.
-Minerva Bustier is now Absorb: Wind, Water, Earth, Holy
-Brave Suit now provides 120 HP, no longer provides 40 MP.
-Sage's Robe now boosts all elements.
-Brigand's Gloves are now Always: Float and gain 20% EVD/M-EVD, Initial: Haste has been replaced with Speed +1.
-Onion Gloves no longer guard against debuffs, instead giving +2 PA and +2 MA.
-Empyreal Armband is now PA/MA +1 instead of Speed +1 and Immune: Crystal/Treasure.
-Sage's Ring is now Absorb/Weak: Fire, Ice, Thunder, and Holy.
-Chaosbringer, Deathbringer, Arondight, Balmung, and Valhalla are not included.

Stardust Rod -> CHAPTER I, SHOPS
Francisca -> CHAPTER III, SHOPS
Reverie Shield -> STEAL FROM LOFFREY AT MULLONDE CATHEDRAL

Golden Axe -> DARK BYBLOS (FLOOR 1)
Sagittarius Bow -> TIETRA'S REVENGE (FLOOR 1)
Vanguard Helm -> THE GUARDED TEMPLE (FLOOR 1)
Gaius Caligae -> TEIOH (FLOOR 1)

Minerva Bustier -> GLABADOS' LIGHT (FLOOR 2)
Brass Coronet -> DESERT MINEFIELD (FLOOR 2)
Brigand's Gloves -> SHADES OF THE PAST (FLOOR 2)

Vesper -> HOLLOW DEMONS (FLOOR 3)
Orochi -> LITTERING (FLOOR 3)
Grand Armor -> LEZALES' VENGEANCE (FLOOR 3)
Crown Sceptre -> ARITHMETICIAN TRIAL (FLOOR 3)

Fomalhaut -> SANDBAGGING (FLOOR 4)
Nirvana -> TENTACLED (FLOOR 4)
Acacia Hat -> ODE TO THE DEATHBRINGERS (FLOOR 4)
Sage's Robe -> FOUR FIENDS (FLOOR 4)

Moonsilk Blade -> TRIAL BY FROST (FLOOR 5)
Gungnir -> TRIAL BY TEMPEST (FLOOR 5)
Moonblade -> TRIAL BY FLAMES (FLOOR 5)
Gae Bolg -> CHICKEN RACE (FLOOR 5)

Onion Sword -> ONION KNIGHT TRIAL (FLOOR 6, RANDOM)
Onion Helm -> ONION KNIGHT TRIAL (FLOOR 6, RANDOM)
Onion Shield -> ONION KNIGHT TRIAL (FLOOR 6, RANDOM)
Onion Armor -> ONION KNIGHT TRIAL (FLOOR 6, RANDOM)
Onion Gloves -> ONION KNIGHT TRIAL (FLOOR 6, RANDOM)

Empyreal Armband -> THE FETE (FLOOR 7)

Durandal -> ALL STAR MELEE (FLOOR 10)
Dreamwaker -> NIGHTMARES (FLOOR 10)
Brave Suit -> AN ILL WIND (FLOOR 10)
Sage's Ring -> BEQUEATHING BACON (FLOOR 10)

-Every Treasure Hunt item in Midlight's Deep (except for one) has been changed to Elixirs. Below is where you can find the items that were previously Treasure Huntable in Midlight's Deep:
1) Yoichi Bow: Treasure Hunt at Mount Germinas.
2) Zeus Mace: Treasure Hunt at Gollund Coal Shaft.
3) Blaze Gun: Treasure Hunt at Mount Bervenia.
4) Glacial Gun: Treasure Hunt at Dorvuldar Marsh.
5) Ragnarok: Steal from Folmarv.
6) Lordly Robes: Steal from Cletienne.
7) Perseus Bow: Treasure Hunt at Mount Bervenia.
8) Staff of the Magi: Treasure Hunt at Mullonde Cathedral.
9) Koga Blade: Treasure Hunt at Mount Bervenia.
10) Rod of Faith: Steal from Bremondt.
11) Kaiser Shield: Steal from Zombag.
12) Faerie Harp: Treasure Hunt at Lake Poescas.
13) Iga Blade: Treasure Hunt at Dorvuldar Marsh.
14) Ninja Gear: Steal from an Onion Knight at Brigand's Den Redux.
15) Blaster:    Treasure Hunt at Fort Besselat Sluice.
16) Maximilian: Steal from Zombag.
17) Grand Helm: Steal from Zombag.
18) Venetian Shield: Steal from Aliste.
19) Chirijiraden: Steal from the Samurai in the Chrono Trigger battle.
20) Chaos Blade: Treasure Hunt at Terminus, same location.

bignickm27

After multiple attempts, I can't get this to work. I have a EUR ISO, patched it with PPFomatic, and tried to convert to an eboot with popstation. But all I get is a black screen.
I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans.

Eternal

bignickm27

6.60 pro-B10.

It may not be converting to an eboot correctly. I've never had so much trouble doing it before.

Eternal

WotL is a pain to work with in general, quite honestly. I've been playing for months with it, trying to get it to work for everyone, but it's a total mess. I'd try reconverting the ISO again, and if that fails, acquire a new EUR ISO from a different source.

bignickm27

Just to clarify, here's what I'm supposed to do?

-Obtain a EUR ISO for WotL
-Patch it with PPFomatic
-Use popstation to convert the patched ISO to an eboot file

Is this correct? I think my problem may lie with popstation. When using this program, do I need to click on "Change Game Save and Game ID?" If I don't, then I get an error message recommending I use a BIN+CUE or IMG+CCD. Then it says the game ID is invalid. To prevent that message, I just have to assign it a game ID by clicking the aforementioned button, but there is no corresponding ID for WotL to choose from. It only gives me PSX game IDs. I tried using the PSX FFT game ID, and this allows the conversion to actually complete, but then the game doesn't work.

Eternal

Nope, you just patch the EUR ISO and put it on your PSP and you're good to go.

bignickm27

November 25, 2012, 12:26:09 am #135 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:32:24 am by bignickm27
How do you get an ISO to run on your PSP? It always says "corrupted data."

EDIT: It looks like I got it. Just had to make a separate folder called "ISO."

Eternal

Eternal

My PSP is up and running again, which means I can continue testing the next version out. Thanks for your patience!

Derextreme

posted this in the psx thread by accident earlier, lol.

i started playing 2.4 last night. i'm up to dorter trade with no problem so far. fantastic work, keep it up! :)

Neophyte Ronin

Idiotic Bug Report ('cause yeah, I saw something screwy just now):

I noticed you can commit seppuku with Armor Break.

When I Charmed a red-capped Goblin, the guy damn-near killed himself using Armor Break on himself.  I guess it's flagged so you can target yourself, as the original parameters must be set to a formula wherein you can target yourself.

But that doesn't make sense and makes my brain hurt like fuck.

That... just isn't supposed to happen.  I guess it's different when no-one's around, you can Armor Break yourself to death?

Lost the Charm; figured he'd go after that damned Chocobo....