• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:57:00 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Hello all, I need some starting help

Started by Chthonian, October 19, 2011, 08:19:02 pm

Chthonian

I have just recently discovered the awesomness that is FFT modding. I have played FFT since it came out along with many other RPG's from that era. I myself mod The Elder Scrolls, so when I heard about FFT modding, I actually dident believe it. But my goal would be to completely replace Ramza with another character and replace his Squire job Class with something else. Is this hard to do? All I have right now is FFT Patcher, if someone can help me with this, I'd very much appreciate it.
"Revenge is a Death, best served cold"

Joseph Strife

Hello Chthonian, i think that wouldn't be very difficult since most patches here do this, but i can't say what you need, other people will post and help you, be sure of it, hope to have you around.
Btw, Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true! :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Replace the battle sprites with shishi, and do some attack.out editing to replace the menu sprites.  Use FFTPatcher to change the skillset Ramza's 3 different jobs reference, or just change the abilities themselves.  Use FFTacText to change the names and descriptions of the various jobs.  You'll have to do event editing to remove all the plot points where Ramza is referenced.  A lot of event editing.

Chthonian

Ok first thanks for the help, you've pointed me in the right direction. I have successfully changed the battle sprites for Ramza, but now I cant figure out what you mean by attack.out editing to replace scripts. I'm trying to take all of this in slow, so I can better understand it. I'm really happy with what I have figured out in such a short amount of time, but still I can tell this is going to be a challenge for me. I have also messed around with job classes and have changed Ramzas squire class, but like you said I will need FFTacText to change what the actual job class is called, right?

3lric

Thats correct, with FFTactext you can change the name of the class as well as the skillset, abilities, descriptions and much more
  • Modding version: PSX

Chthonian

Ok I got that to work, I changed Ramza's squire classes. But I still dont know how to edit the attack.out to change the sprites for Ramza in the menu screens. I'm not worried about the cut-scenes as I'm making a little patch just for fun, for myself.

Hollow_Screech

I have also just recently started modding and I have to WOW! this is awesome as to what one (or more) people can do to that game.. even make their own sequels or brand new game altogether. I have slowly learned how to make custom pallets for sprites and how to add them into the game.. Past that, not so sure what to do to create a whole NEW class to the job wheel. Any help or ideas? Thank you

Eternal

Your best bet would be to -replace- an existing job, rather than add one. I think you can add them with RAD (one of Pokeytax's tools), but I'm not sure how stable it is currently.

Feel free to visit us on chat, and maybe we can help you out more there, and most of all...

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!~
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

pokeytax

Past that, not so sure what to do to create a whole NEW class to the job wheel.

The RAD tool adds extra generic jobs and is here. It's a bit complicated.

It's fairly easy to replace the existing jobs on the job wheel if you can spare one.

Quote from: Chthonian on October 20, 2011, 12:10:45 am
how to edit the attack.out to change the sprites for Ramza in the menu screens

Use FFTEVGRP to edit the formation sprites.
  • Modding version: PSX

Hollow_Screech

I thank you for this new info for help and I am still trying to figure out how to use RAD lol. Not even sure how to add the .xls into the patch. but I know I can figure it out.

Again, thanks for the help everyone.