• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:00:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Is it possible to play the patches on this game with a console?

Started by Konkquin, October 09, 2011, 01:38:58 pm

Konkquin

I just recently found out about this site and some of the patches look pretty interesting, like Celdida's complete patch and 1.3. I have a ps2 that can run backups/imports but I'm not sure if I'll be able to play since all the topics I read involve the use of emulators.

3lric

I play both CoP and FFT+ on my ps2, havent played the other one yet since i spend all my time developing my mod. So the answer to your question is yes, altho i cant confirm for the ones i havent played
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

I don't think CCP will work on consoles due to the ASMs used. Not 100% sure about 1.3 though.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on October 09, 2011, 03:36:42 pm
I play both CoP and FFT+ on my ps2, havent played the other one yet since i spend all my time developing my mod. So the answer to your question is yes, altho i cant confirm for the ones i havent played

Yes, you can play most patches on the ps2 if you have it set up correctly. Like Eternal said, however, due to ASMs not all of them will work. You can try, but don't get your hopes up.
  • Modding version: PSX