• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:48:39 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The World Map

Started by KazeKasano, August 04, 2008, 10:15:00 pm

KazeKasano

August 04, 2008, 10:15:00 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Is there anyway yet to extract the world map and import a new one, such as the one from XII?
And, if so, is there a way to move the nodes on the map?
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

Cheetah

August 05, 2008, 12:07:11 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Check out the end of the Maps thread in the Hacking section.

http://ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=160
Current Projects:

Haiku

The link is broken. I can't find a way to change the world map image. Does someone know how to do that ?

Jumza

The Necrobumpsssss ughhhhh.

The ShiShi Sprite Manager located in the FFTPatcher Suite on the downloads page has the answer to your question.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Holy fucking 5 year necrobump!! That HAS to be a record.

The worldmap is in the Other Images tab in shishi.
You will have a hard time with the dot locations though

Haiku

Disclaimer:
Eh, what is five years ? FFT is fifteen years old, it's not a shame to be old fashioned sometimes :) Plus my netiquette told me to search forum before posting a question and to reply rather than opening a new thread on the same topic. But maybe the forum policies is somehow different ? I'm quite new around the place, and I must confess I did not read every stickies.

Thanks every one. I had downloaded an old version of Shishi, that's why I didn't found any world map sprite. Now I'm up to date :)

About the dots, no worries, I just want to highlight different region of the map like on this one, to enhance the user experience. I won't change the layout.

I'm more afraid of the merge with my already patched ISO (Rebirth mod + some ASM). Shishi is unable to open my current game ISO. I will start over the patch process step by step from a clean ISO, and it should be alright.

3lric

5 years is something when the TC isnt even around anymore. Next time just made a new thread if the thread is that old and the link is outdated...

RavenOfRazgriz

Honestly, at least he uses the goddamn Search function. :v

That's more than can be said of the 90% of people who ask the same questions over and over because they don't use Search or spend 3 seconds in FFTPatcher.

3lric

Be that as it may

New thread > Resurrecting outdated thread and further confusing new people

Haiku

June 05, 2013, 04:05:54 pm #9 Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:36:50 am by Haiku
Quote from: Elric on June 03, 2013, 06:08:22 pm
New thread > Resurrecting outdated thread and further confusing new people

Ok I will stick to this policy from now on then.

In case anybody is interested here is a first version of my updated worldmap. My intend was to help the understanding of the plot by delimiting the 7 differents kingdoms of Ivalice.  Since I want to convert some friends to this game, I want them the best user experience possible. As non native english speaker, I sometimes found hard to really get a grasp on who does what against who. The plot may be intricated at times, especially with the "sub optimal" PSX translation, and the vanilla map does not help much with that.

I also add some basic artworks around the special places like castles and temples to help further understand the kingdoms geography.

My photoshop skills are pretty limited so the artworks are quite ugly. Also I did not found how roads are drawn on map (maybe programatically ?), thus with this colorful map, they are barely visible in game unfortunately.

Feedbacks (or even help) is welcome!

Jumza

You should check out the map they are using for JoT5 it is quite epic, although possibly not what you're looking for. Still awesome to llok at though.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.