• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:38:07 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Use this topic to confess your sins

Started by Dome, November 11, 2009, 02:36:28 pm

Sephirot24

November 11, 2009, 09:37:16 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
I watched parts of all those, but never the whole way through. I just didn't give a fuck :)

HEY! BOKOJO! COME 'ERE

Bastard Poetry

November 11, 2009, 09:40:35 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I was baptized.

Listen, I'm not proud of it. I was an infant, and as such, I hadn't yet developed the teeth necessary to bite my way out of it. I know it sounds like an excuse, and it probably is.. but I can't just spew forth excuses for this sort of thing. I intend to make things right. There's this secular society in Europe that does "reverse baptisms," which I'd imagine is sort of like a pagan cleansing ritual, or at least totally bad ass like one, and I intend to do so when we move back to Ireland in a few years.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Orlandu

November 12, 2009, 12:49:49 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
Quote from: "Dome"Anyway, I dont know if St. Ajora exist, but I dont think that a "Superior being" actually exist...I suppose that this statement throws me in the atheist movement...
Bah, it's hard to even understand what I'm talking about...

on the contrary, i think every religion is right, so you can't say i'm atheist, and i have no particular interest in one religion. i believe GOD (st. ajora?) exists.. is it strange? then what should i call myself? it's definitely not atheist because afaik atheist means not believe in god?

-I've never confessed myself... -

Orlandu

November 12, 2009, 12:50:40 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
Quote from: "Orlandu"
Quote from: "Dome"Anyway, I dont know if St. Ajora exist, but I dont think that a "Superior being" actually exist...I suppose that this statement throws me in the atheist movement...
Bah, it's hard to even understand what I'm talking about...

on the contrary, i think every religion is right, so you can't say i'm atheist, and i have no particular interest in one religion. i believe G O D (st. ajora?) exists.. is it strange? then what should i call myself? it's definitely not atheist because afaik atheist means not believe in St. Ajora?

-I've never confessed myself... -

What the.. i hit the wrong button when i'm trying to edit my previous post.. it's quoted instead  :ban:

Samuraiblackbelt

November 12, 2009, 01:03:08 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
thankfully? this is the only place you CAN'T delete a post, and I've don the same thing before, and I think that makes you a theist
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

DarthPaul

November 12, 2009, 01:49:10 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"I was baptized.

Listen, I'm not proud of it. I was an infant, and as such, I hadn't yet developed the teeth necessary to bite my way out of it. I know it sounds like an excuse, and it probably is.. but I can't just spew forth excuses for this sort of thing. I intend to make things right. There's this secular society in Europe that does "reverse baptisms," which I'd imagine is sort of like a pagan cleansing ritual, or at least totally bad ass like one, and I intend to do so when we move back to Ireland in a few years.

I would confess to this as well. I was baptized at the age of five. Then again at fifteen because I felt my religious beliefs had been tested. Two weeks later I professed atheism and soon after became an agnostic on the pretense that until the moment I die I will never know the truth.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Orlandu

November 12, 2009, 01:49:42 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
yes, i just realize that after that wrong click..

what? so i'm an atheist? OMGWTF :gay:

DarthPaul

November 12, 2009, 01:55:40 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Orlandu"yes, i just realize that after that wrong click..

what? so i'm an atheist? OMGWTF :gay:

No you are a theist.

The opposite of an atheist. You believe in an overlord like entity with convictions that are spawned purely by belief.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Xifanie

November 12, 2009, 07:22:20 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I was baptized.

Who the fuck cares? Some idiot threw water in my face and so what? I don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of this. It's not like the Jew's circumcision. Reverse baptism? Dude, it was FUCKING WATER!!
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Hana

November 12, 2009, 07:30:26 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hana
Heh, religion in general is pretty silly.

I'm an outspoken Athiest myself, and quite proud, and I've never hidden the fact that I hate pretty much an zealotous religion.
I'll leave thinking up witty signatures to the prose.

iopyud

November 12, 2009, 09:30:37 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
I was baptized.
Became an atheist.
Now I just don't care. Sometimes I'm curious about the universe but that's it.

I don't argue with religious people, if you can talk some reason to them they wouldn't even be religious in the first place.
They're annoying, I hardly even talk in real life to begin with.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Kaijyuu

November 12, 2009, 09:46:25 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Hey all, this is a sin confession thread, not another RELIGION LOL thread.

Stop making dome's topic suck.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

November 12, 2009, 09:49:08 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
But Dome actually caused this train wreck.

So...
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

November 12, 2009, 11:44:30 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"There's this secular society in Europe that does "reverse baptisms," which I'd imagine is sort of like a pagan cleansing ritual, or at least totally bad ass like one, and I intend to do so when we move back to Ireland in a few years.

come on...!!

you dont really need any ritual or cleansing at all because you are rational enough to understand that your baptism was nothing more than water coming in contact with your body, and that didn't change you as an organism in any significant way (certainly not in a spiritual or supernatural way...)

so you don't need any "cleansing", because you didn't go through anything unique

baptisms don't DO anything

Vanya

November 12, 2009, 01:45:38 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Baptisms do the same thing as bathing in plain water so you can't say they do nothing, because doing nothing at all is like the water not existing which science tells us it does because it has a measurable affect. But then again everything is just a manifestation of the interactions of different energy fields that we don't fully understand. So whatever, I just felt like typing anyway.

I confess nothing. It works out better for me that way. Hording secrets = win! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Pickle Girl Fanboy

November 12, 2009, 02:23:10 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
I watched the Craft last night, then beat off furiously to Fairuza Balk twice this morning.
Hail Menon.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

November 12, 2009, 02:48:39 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Quote from: "Voldemort"baptisms don't DO anything

^This, on pretty much the same grounds.^

Baptism is just supposed to be an outward representation that you have accepted Christ.  If you were dunked in water when you were a kid and didn't believe in Jesus, then all you did was take a bath without soap.  So, you weren't really baptized.  If you want to go to where ever in Europe and un-bathe, that's a little strange.

I'm gonna mark this day down, btw, as the first day I disagreed with bp.

philsov

November 12, 2009, 02:51:58 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Eh, it's a ceremony.  Who doesn't like a little external reinforcement?  

Why bother with a marriage ceremony when you and your loved one can just waltz into city hall, talk with a JoP, say a few words, sign some papers and be done with it?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Bastard Poetry

November 12, 2009, 04:41:07 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I think you guys are taking what was supposed to be a humorous confession of "sin" a little too seriously.

on a /note, I've always felt like someone's been watching me when I masturbate. Fuck you guys, I'm getting cleansed. I hope they give me a cool little hat or something.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

DarthPaul

November 12, 2009, 05:43:42 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"I think you guys are taking what was supposed to be a humorous confession of "sin" a little too seriously.

on a /note, I've always felt like someone's been watching me when I masturbate. Fuck you guys, I'm getting cleansed. I hope they give me a cool little hat or something.

Same here except my computer has a webcam so my...paranoia is well earned.

Stupid built in webcam making me feel like a whore.