• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:31:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help with Raven's Workbooks and more

Started by Arimala, September 20, 2021, 02:15:36 am

Arimala

September 20, 2021, 02:15:36 am Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:00:26 pm by Arimala
I was testing some asm hacks with my patch and came across a small error in PSXfin when I tested the "Equip X and Gender Equips" hack that came from raven's workbooks download here: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7271. PSXfin did not crash and the game ran just fine but I saw this pop up:
cuebin: read sector out of range (234992, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235024, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235056, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235088, max=234992)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235120, max=234992)

Is this something that will break the iso? If so is there a fix or more up to date hack that can accomplish the same thing? Or is this just down to PSXfin and is it time to move on to a new emulator?

I am also curious about the other worksheets and which ones work correctly, specifically these:
Pride's Weapon Proc Rate ASM
Secondadvent's Critical Hit Rate
Pride's Job Defense Boost ASM

Last question, I noticed in the conflict checker that Secondadvent's Critical Hit Rate hack and Glain's Apply Defense (v2) hack overlap in the BATTLE.BIN. From what I can tell, it looks like both of those are located in the 'free space' or whatever its called so I should be able to move one or the other correct? Those are the only 2 hacks that I have seen a conflict with in the checker and I was really hoping to use both.  -After relearning how the conflict checker works I realized it is possible to move since the conflict is not highlighted in red.

After successfully testing 27 custom formula hacks my patch is so close to finally doing a playthrough!  I have 20 more hacks or so to test and see if they are working correctly in game, so any insight into these would be greatly appreciated.
  • Modding version: PSX