• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 30, 2024, 01:22:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Holy Knight Ramza. please help (Solved)

Started by Traglc, August 10, 2021, 07:10:34 pm

Traglc

August 10, 2021, 07:10:34 pm Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 11:33:28 pm by Traglc
Hello, Ive done some serious searching here. other forums, using game shark faq. tried learning and using the FFTpatcher. and for the life of me cannot get what i want to work. so i have done this before on a actual playstaion not emulated. but when i was younger i was able to make Ramza's starting job as Holy Knight. i was able to level and use job points to unlock the abilities naturally. i was able to keep his sprite. i could be any class and still use Holy sword. i have figured out how to make his second ability Holy Sword. and as long as i dont change it. its cool. but i know theres a way to make his main class Holy Knight. and make it act as if that was his class all along. i dont care about his squire abilities. Can some one help me get the Gameshark codes id need to use to simply make him a Holy Knight and be able to switch classes when i want? i know some where this may have been answered and maybe im just not using the right key words to search here or google. please help!
  • Modding version: PSX

Orkney

Hi, All you need is the patcher suit.

In FFTpacher, you can change his skillset abilities, you'll have to do it for all the chapters.
Shishi allows you to change his sprite (but i understood that you will keep it) but it can be buggy in some events (unless some more complicated job - i don't know exactly what yet)
If you want to change the class name to "holy knight" you'll have to use FFTactext.

Traglc

yeah i stated the patcher route wont work for me. i tried. im dumb and cant figure it out. great app. just not for me. thanx. still need help

Orkney

Here is the gameshark code from patcher

300610E8 0021
30061118 0021
30061148 0021

All it does is changing the skillset of Ramza job to be Holy knight skillset. Not tested.

Traglc

awesome! im gonna try it out. does it change his actual job too? thank you also for trying to help me!

Traglc

So that did partially what im trying to do. it doesnt change his job at all though. are you able to change his job to holy knight also? like as if it was his natural job he starts with?

Nyzer

You just need to go to the Skillsets tab in the patcher, find the first three skillsets (all Guts IIRC, but they might have name changes between versions) and add all the Holy Sword skills (in the same slots across all three jobs). Then you (optional: save the patch, and) apply it to your game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Orkney

What are you meaning by changing his job ? Stats growth ? Name ? Look ?

Traglc

Quote from: Nyzer on August 11, 2021, 04:25:12 pmYou just need to go to the Skillsets tab in the patcher, find the first three skillsets (all Guts IIRC, but they might have name changes between versions) and add all the Holy Sword skills (in the same slots across all three jobs). Then you (optional: save the patch, and) apply it to your game.

im still really trying hard to learn to use this patcher, and honestly really struggling and gettin frustrated with it.

Traglc

Quote from: Orkney on August 11, 2021, 05:20:12 pmWhat are you meaning by changing his job ? Stats growth ? Name ? Look ?

im not worried about the custom sprite. also the abilities in this is holyswordsman but was good example of what i am aiming for

Traglc

I got the patcher to work thanks to help in the discord!. if an admin would like to delete or close this thread totally up to yall!