• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:05:44 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Online Simulator

Started by flup1323, July 26, 2020, 06:51:10 pm

flup1323

Hi I would like to suggest the creation of an online battle simulator just like pokemon showdown. You could program all the same rules and use minimal graphics just like the early days. This would allow players to make up teams with optimal stats and gear. With the added condition of usage tiers to remove abuse of op strategies the meta could be quite decent. I think a lot of players might miss the chance to connect game boys over link cord and battle it out. All though a battle timer of around 30 secs would be necessary.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

July 26, 2020, 08:19:34 pm #1 Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:50:37 pm by Nyzer
Ooookay.

So, the problem with this is that you're asking a fanbase that is a bare fraction of the size of the Pokémon fanbase, that focuses on single player games (some of which have minor local multiplayer functions as a side game), to put in the herculean effort to create a tool that is mechanically considerably more complex than Pokémon's, for what is arguably the game with the weakest gameplay in the entire series.

This hasn't even been done for Arena.

Not to be a dick here, but I really don't think you have even the slightest idea what you're actually asking for.

Also, as per the pinned New Project guideline topic:

QuoteWhat The "New Project Ideas" Section Is For:

Threads discussing Project and Project Ideas that you, yourself, are interested in pursuing.

So do you, personally, plan to do the bulk of the work when it comes to making this program?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown