• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:54:10 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Move Find item text only displays the first 2 characters

Started by Heisho, April 03, 2017, 02:25:32 pm

Heisho

Greetings!

I've been working on the PSP version and using text editor .457 version.

The situation is that when I found an item with Find item ability it only displays the first 2 characters of said item. I found a post with something similar but the workarounds didn't work for me. (I've made changes on unit names for porpouses of this project)

I've cleaned the added info on Unit names on all recurrences but the issue is still there.

Anyone has an idea what data must be restored to default to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance to any leads/info.

Regards.
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Angel

Simple answer: no version of TacText plays nice with WotL. .457 hates WotL and tries to lure it into a back alley to rob you of all your time and effort. Other versions of TacText look at WotL and just shoot it dead.

Slightly longer answer: if you are truly masochistic enough to want to continue working on a base that has almost no support and ostensibly no reliable tools, always remember that you have very little space left with which to add any text. In many cases, TacText borks because you've used up too much room. This is the most likely case.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Heisho

Well that is pretty bad news.

Do you know if there is a way to "import" all what have you done on a PSP hack to a PSX version on the patcher?
Because honestly I have made a lot of work and I prefer to finish what I'm on doing on the PSP than to start all over again.

Heisho

Sorry for double post but I thought this was important:

It seems that the issue has something to do with the text prior to the item variable {0xE9}.
So I found a way to make it work
Go to BOOT.BIN [28E5EC]>3:Battle messages>
On line 28 "Discovered item
{0xE9} Found!
On line 29 Discovered item (Full stock)
{0xE9} Found!{Newline}
Got {0xE4} gil for it{Newline}
because you can't have any more.

Also changed on 4:Battle messages>Line 54 Found item
{0xE9} Found!

If anyone else found errors even after this please be kind to respond. Maybe I overlook something that helped me.

Regards

By the way this is for the PSP version.

Nyzer

QuoteDo you know if there is a way to "import" all what have you done on a PSP hack to a PSX version on the patcher?

Not really, but the good news is, with the PSP limitations, it should be relatively easy to copy over most of what you've changed from the Patcher/Shishi/Tactext/events. The Patcher might be the worst of it with how much there is to edit with it, but you can run it multiple times, so you can just go tab by tab, change by change with the PSP & PSX windows open side by side.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Heisho

That's what I though.

Well anyway I'm almost finishing this project and since I have edited a LOT on the patcher I might better stay on it and migrate to PSX afterwards.

Thanks for the info anyways.

Regards