• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:29 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Austin

July 16, 2019, 03:52:46 pm #320 Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:12:35 am by Elric
I wanted to ask about the sound novels that were reenabled by the FFT:Complete team that you managed to get translated. One of them (Nanai's Histories?) crashes the game when you try to read it, so I wanted to see if either:

A - You could tell me how to disable the 4 sound novels again, or if there is something that can be changed in FFTactext to fix the one sound novel that is crashing so that it doesn't crash the game that would be good enough too I suppose.

B - You'd be willing to let me include the translations for the 3 sound novels that you've worked on in my hack as well (giving credit where credit is due of course), and let me know if there's a way to disable the other one or change something in FFTactext to fix it if it's the one that is crashing.

Obviously I'd love to be able to include the translated sound novels in my hack as well, but I can certainly understand if you aren't ok with that after having put in so much work. In the end, I really just want a way to do something about that one that is crashing the game since it would suck pretty hard if someone went and grinded out propositions for a couple of hours then tried to read that sound novel and ended up losing all their progress.

Thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX

Heisho

I'm really excited to see this is going well.

Quick questions
1- How did you guys manage to handle the Barrage formula? May I ask which formula are you editing in order to see if I can make proper alterations in my project?
2- Are you going to release a "hacks package" for the hacks applied on this patch?
3- The events are going to stay as you posted before? I was planning to add something simple and I wish to know if there is going to be space for it.

Sorry if I'm being annoying.

Regards.
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

3lric

Quote from: Heisho on July 31, 2019, 01:48:24 pm
I'm really excited to see this is going well.

Quick questions
1- How did you guys manage to handle the Barrage formula? May I ask which formula are you editing in order to see if I can make proper alterations in my project?
2- Are you going to release a "hacks package" for the hacks applied on this patch?
3- The events are going to stay as you posted before? I was planning to add something simple and I wish to know if there is going to be space for it.

Sorry if I'm being annoying.

Regards.

1) Custom ASM
2) For almost everything, yes. This has been stated a few times already, since this is a base patch, it will come with most things used to make it.
3)Nothing has changed with events from the last post about them, thats half the reason for this patch to exist.

aln1591

Hello, first congratulations for the hard work and dedicationelric, i was wondering If there os a forecast for the patch to be ready, i'm looking forward to play ! Sorry for the inconvenience.
Never give up!!!

3lric

Thanks man.

A beta test will be out as soon as Choto has fixed the last glitch in the DK hack. Its small stuff and he said he was gonna work on it this weekend. So it could be very soon unless he has some issues

---HattoriIga---

psx game fft as I can add more jobs than the existing ones, I know that in FFT - The Lion War has extra job. so I wanted to put more jobs in psx fft. :mrgreen:

3lric

Quote from: HattoriHanzo on August 15, 2019, 10:03:04 am
psx game fft as I can add more jobs than the existing ones, I know that in FFT - The Lion War has extra job. so I wanted to put more jobs in psx fft. :mrgreen:

Im not sure if there is a question in here or not?

---HattoriIga---

Quote from: Elric on August 15, 2019, 07:58:44 pm
Im not sure if there is a question in here or not?

Sorry if you confuse my question. I have this question can put more job beyond what is in fft or is it limited?

Nyzer

You cannot. It is too limited.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

azavier

really cant wait for this game. thank you guys!

joshwinn

thank you guys! you are showing what you are made of!

csudderth1

Just letting you know that I am looking forward to this! This is the kind of patch I've been looking for. Do you have an approximate ETA? I saw a few weeks ago you were waiting on some bug fixes on an assembly hack. Thanks so much!

3lric

Quote from: csudderth1 on August 26, 2019, 11:35:55 pm
Just letting you know that I am looking forward to this! This is the kind of patch I've been looking for. Do you have an approximate ETA? I saw a few weeks ago you were waiting on some bug fixes on an assembly hack. Thanks so much!

I would guess we are about a month out, +/- a week. Choto only has 1 thing left to fix in the DK hack and then we should be good to go into beta and then shortly after, public release

Moofin

I am very much looking forward to the release. There is very little I can do to help I'm afraid.
Does the team have a patreon account of some kind? I would love to support this project in some way however little.

Bonesy

why would throwing money at them make them be able to go faster

throwing money at romhacking projects is generally unaccepted in polite romhacking society anyways
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

3lric

Quote from: Moofin on August 30, 2019, 11:08:58 am
I am very much looking forward to the release. There is very little I can do to help I'm afraid.
Does the team have a patreon account of some kind? I would love to support this project in some way however little.

Hey there, I appreciate your enthusiasm. While i do have a patreon setup for some of my other endeavors, this is not one of them. We never accept payment for any work we do on either TLW or Jot5. I do very much thank you for the offer, and I'd instead ask that any money you would have donated to us, gets instead donated to a worthly charity of your choice (personally I would choose something to do with a crohns study or alzheimer's)

Thanks again!

3lric

Bonesy

considering i already flaked out on testing the FNV stuff all i can really do is wish the beta testers luck.

glad it's chugging along though, glad I got Mednafen set up again for this
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

3lric

Closed Beta for TLW will begin tomorrow morning. If anyone else wants in, now would be the time to send me a PM, as I only intend to send out 1 batch of Betas.

Beta testers will be given ~1 week or so with the beta, if no major/game break issues are encountered, release will be next weekend on the 27th.

3lric

This thread is now locked since we are in beta and about a week away from release. For further discussion, please start a new thread in this new section.