• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 09:28:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How to change the name of the characters?

Started by Bakura, October 07, 2013, 10:26:01 pm

Bakura

hello friends want to know how to change the names of the characters such as: Agrias, Rad, Delita and others

RedWorld

There's a tool called FFTacText. It comes with the FFTPatcher 0.478. Open your ISO with it and click on text near the left corner. Click on each item in the list and find in the drop down list anything that has to do with unit names. On the right of the main list with all the names, you can change the name. (Example for S+G: Delita to Gary)

Now how to change Ramza's original name to something else, (where the game begins with you giving the option to rename him) I do not know how to do that. x.x But I would love to figure out how!

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

Bakura

Quote from: RedWorld on October 07, 2013, 10:53:55 pm
There's a tool called FFTacText. It comes with the FFTPatcher 0.478. Open your ISO with it and click on text near the left corner. Click on each item in the list and find in the drop down list anything that has to do with unit names. On the right of the main list with all the names, you can change the name. (Example for S+G: Delita to Gary)

Now how to change Ramza's original name to something else, (where the game begins with you giving the option to rename him) I do not know how to do that. x.x But I would love to figure out how!

There is an option that says "Unit Names" I think that's where they change the name but there is no problem with the amount of characters or something?

Philogosten

However you will also have to do some scene editing as those names are still said in the scenes so you have to use easyvent to change the dialogue there as well. It's not difficult but it is tedious and time consuming.
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

3lric

Actually. Just open the event in EVSP. Use find/replace. Replace the name with the one you want. Takes very little time.
  • Modding version: PSX

Bakura

Quote from: Elric on October 08, 2013, 01:38:30 pm
Actually. Just open the event in EVSP. Use find/replace. Replace the name with the one you want. Takes very little time.

thanks for your help friends  :lol:

3lric

October 08, 2013, 07:07:23 pm #6 Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:29:11 pm by Elric
Of course, you will still need to edit these in Tactext, I was just pointing out that this:

Quote from: Philogosten on October 08, 2013, 09:51:03 am
but it is tedious and time consuming.

is not necessarily true. Not trying to bring down the Philogosten, just don't like that
people constantly label event work as tedious and taking forever, which is why people
hardly do it. Now if you want to learn REAL event editing THAT can be time consuming,
but unless your just doing dialogue events with no movement, it's really not tedious.

I've personally made ~200 (+/- 10 or so) Events at this point, (random Jot5 whoring)
and none of it is very hard, note that I also knew nothing about modding when I
first joined here, apart from some Duke3D stuff. I am not an ASMer and it doesn't
take a whole lot of intelligence to make a visually pleasing event.

Most people here know that if they need Event help and really want to learn, I'm always
here to help.

Carry on :P
  • Modding version: PSX