• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:52:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

UWE Entries xml doesn't seem to work at all.

Started by Philogosten, October 02, 2013, 01:50:34 pm

Philogosten

So I tried out the spread sheet to alter the entries for a few unused sprites to use some now unused jobs
however it does not seem to do anything. the number 58 sprite which is an unused squire that for some reason is registered to the job Samurai will not alter. I tried a few other ones as well and every time I load up a game to check the changes, there are none. I followed the directions given in the topic where it was uploaded but it doesn't work. Very frustrating.
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

Philogosten

And yes I see the typo. It should read "UWEntries"

3lric

Don't make a second post to address a typo.
You can also use the edit button instead of double posting.

Hopefully Glain, Pride or someone else can help with this. However, I know several people who have used it without issue,
so it's probably something derpy that is causing it.
  • Modding version: PSX

Glain

Hex is the number that matches with the job number in FFTP.  58 for the # column in this spreadsheet is 3A, which I believe is the unused Celia slot.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Philogosten

Sorry I was not very clear, my bad. The job slot I was trying to alter was number 11 (the first Dark Knight). The sprite I was trying to assign to that job was number 58 (57 for shishi's sprite editor).

Glain

Hmm.  What UWEntries does is generate a patch for FFTorgASM to edit which pre-battle and formation screen sprites are used by which jobs.  Basically, it maps jobs to the associated entries in UNIT.BIN/WLDFACE.BIN, which store the pre-battle/formation screen sprite data.  This data can be viewed/modified by using FFTEVGRP and opening the aforementioned files (they can be extracted from the ISO).

If you indeed want to change pre-battle/formation screen sprites for job 0x11, the number in UWEntries should be changed to whatever entry it corresponds to when you look in FFTEVGRP.  This is a different number than the job IDs in FFTP/Shishi.

If you just want to change the battle sprite, use Shishi to import a SPR or BMP over the one for that job.

Philogosten

Ah. FFTEVGRP does not seem to show all the sprites slots available though. Many of which are just squires that are assigned to seemingly randomly picked jobs. I see the problem I think. The spreadsheet does not list all the job/sprite slots that are unused. Just the in game ones. I did not notice until I looked and saw there are less total entries on it than is listed in Shishi's. Well my problem was a total noob error, I did not fully examine what I was looking at to see if it even contained the slot for the sprite number I wanted to use. (I really need to look more carefully in the future)

Glain

I think there's some kind of fundamental misunderstanding going on here.  The sprite IDs in Shishi don't match up with the job IDs in FFTP once you get past the special (non-generic) jobs, but that really doesn't matter.

If you want to change the graphics for job 0x11:

1. To change the battle graphics, you can find the appropriate entry in Shishi ("10 - Gafgarion (Enemy)") and then use Import BMP or SPR to import a new spritesheet over top of it.  No repointing is needed.

2. If you want to change the formation screen graphics, edit an unused entry in FFTEVGRP (for example, 08).  If you use FFTEVGRP to import the sprite you want over entry 08, then you can use UWEntries to change the value for job "11" in the Hex column to point to entry "08".

Philogosten

Yeah I noticed that they don't match up. That was what was throwing me off. Thank you for the help. :)