• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:46:47 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Fangame] Megaman Powered Down

Started by Vanya, October 16, 2008, 11:49:11 pm

Vanya

April 01, 2009, 12:03:14 pm #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Lunar IPS is the easiest program for that.

BTW, I haven't abandoned this project or anything. Just been busy with finals, other projects, looking for work, getting my A+ cert.,  actually playing some games for once and house work. Yes, I'm house-bitch while my girl is working and I'm not.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

July 03, 2009, 10:55:54 am #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm considering programming this from scratch using the new NESicide IDE. I figure that it would probably be faster to program the thing my way instead of reverse engineering Capcom's code.

For more info on NESicide click here.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Snip3rNife

July 20, 2009, 06:44:57 pm #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Snip3rNife
Sounds good to me. If it's easier that way for you then go for it.

Vanya

Megaman Powered Down the ROM hack is officially canceled.

I no longer have the time needed to reverse engineer the ROM, so I'm moving the project to GameMaker8.

The bad news is that it will be impossible to play this on a real NES cart.
The good news is that anyone will be able to enjoy the game much sooner since I can code much faster in C-type languages than in ASM. Also, there will now be much more content from the PSP version and some new game modes modeled after the recent MM9 & 10 content.

So I will leave you all now with a tidbit from the new project...

New Title Screen!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Snip3rNife

My heart sank when i read the first line until I realised you were just moving the project, so in that case, hooray!

Vanya

This aught to make you even happier then...

New Stage Select!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

glad to hear that this project isn't dead, i've been patiently awaiting it's release since you first announced it, I just hope I don't have to wait too much longer :)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Vanya

No worries. It'll be going a lot faster.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

The stage select window is looking real good Vanya. Glad to hear your project is still going strong.
Current Projects:

Vanya

Thanks. I'm trying to work a little on all my projects every week so I can get some progress done.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

Small update:

Here's the damn-near finished "New Game" menu with one of the new playable characters unlocked.
What a hassle this thing has been to program. Almost a week of work went into this damn thing and it's not even that impressive. =P
Anyway. Here the player will be able to set some basic options before starting their game. I won't explain the obvious ones.
The player select option was the big pain in the ass. Here you will use left and right to view the available player characters and then press start (Enter) or attack (A) to select your character of choice. If a character is locked, you'll get a nice picture of a wall and an error sound if you try to choose it. Also, pressing jump (Z) will immediately drop the cursor on the down to the BACK option in case you need it.

¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

I am not really a megaman fan but i am still very interested in this particular projet.
New playable characters? man this will add nicely in the replay value making it even more interesting.
But for what i see there may actually be 32 characters (including megaman?) This is a...bit much don't you think? I Mean coding em all and making em bug free will take forever. (But will be sweat to be able to chose for so much variety!)
I am soooo looking foward to see this completed someday.
Keep it up.

Vanya

32? There's one character for each of the balls in the grid. That makes 16.
Here's the list:
Megaman
Rock (New secret game play system implemented.)
Roll (All costumes + some new ones included as part of her game play. These will be bought at the in-game shop with bolts.)
Cutman
Elecman
Iceman
Fireman
Bombman
Gutsman
Oilman
Timeman
Pickelman (Beat 1/3 of the challenge stages to get him as a tide over until you get Protoman.)
SECRET (Beat 2/3 of the challenge stages to get this guy. It should be easy to guess who this is.)
Protoman (He will be more like his MM9 & 10 incarnation but with an extra ability or two.)
Hydroman* (This is a new RM based on a fan made submission that I'm using as a base.)
Undecided (Similar deal for this one, but the character is still being negotiated.)

*Tentative name.

All, the normal RMs will be more like their boss versions with all their skills, weapons, & abilities intact including any new attacks that might get implemented.
¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

Quote from: "Vanya"32? There's one character for each of the balls in the grid. That makes 16.

How did i did this mistake...i mean...bah i was probably seeing doubles at this time.  :shock:

Gutsman? i wonder what kind of weapon this one uses...

DarthPaul

Sweet, playing as Forte in a fan project is gonna be awesome.

Just a suggestion, but it would be cool to see a Searchman.exe cameo in this.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Vanya

NO EXE!!!
That would be for a different project. ^_^

And I'm gonna use a better sprite for Bass than Capcom did!

Gutsman's weapon is his fists! Rawr!!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

Quote from: "Vanya"NO EXE!!!

^_^ Just a suggestion for something different.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Vanya

I was half/kidding. I'm deciding on Roll's costumes right now and I am considering a Roll.EXE costume as a hidden item.
¯\(°_0)/¯

SolidSnakeDog

This menu is looking very good to me.

So gutsman using fists? Wow this will be hardcode because needing to be close to something to attack it and not geting hit is very hard...
Exemple : You need to jump a cliff but something is standing right on the other side...jumping on him will throw you off the cliff and you can't attack him because you can only use your fists and the other guy is too far away...so you are fucked.  :twisted:

...Gutsman name is so fiting. probably the hardest character to play has. (Unless he got ranged fists that is...)