• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:28 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Lion War 2.03 & TLWotL FAQs

Started by 3lric, September 28, 2019, 08:59:34 am

Light

Any news on including Luso?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Jordan95

Sorry if this already been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in this post or any others.

Does this include fixing some of the bugs that exist in PSX version? Like item duplication glitch, JP scroll glitch, and whatever other ones there may be. I know there are ASMs to fix these issues, so if they're not included in this, I assume I can just apply my own patch as described in the The Lion War Base Patch Resources topic and just include those ASMs as well?
  • Discord username: Jordan9232

3lric

Quote from: Jordan9232 on February 25, 2020, 11:58:33 pmSorry if this already been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in this post or any others.

Does this include fixing some of the bugs that exist in PSX version? Like item duplication glitch, JP scroll glitch, and whatever other ones there may be. I know there are ASMs to fix these issues, so if they're not included in this, I assume I can just apply my own patch as described in the The Lion War Base Patch Resources topic and just include those ASMs as well?

If it's not in that list, then no, it's not used. No we didn't make fixes to vanilla aside from the DEB victory condition.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jordan95

I was working with events in ATTACK.OUT, TEST.EVT, Battle Conditions, etc.. and I noticed the event for Bethla Sluice (Hint) was just completely removed. Was there a reason for this or just something that was missed? I've been trying to add it back in myself but I don't have the knowledge. Seems to be something I'm missing in ATTACK.OUT or the conditions

Siniyatris

First of all ty so much for this patch and i m a newbie for this patching things . i checked all pages and even i google it but i cant find the item list so i m very curious about is there a fomalhaut and how can i take a look items ?

3lric

Quote from: Jordan95 on March 05, 2020, 06:36:43 amI was working with events in ATTACK.OUT, TEST.EVT, Battle Conditions, etc.. and I noticed the event for Bethla Sluice (Hint) was just completely removed. Was there a reason for this or just something that was missed? I've been trying to add it back in myself but I don't have the knowledge. Seems to be something I'm missing in ATTACK.OUT or the conditions

I could be mistaken, but if i recall correctly, the hint was just rolled into the text in the opening event before the bsttle starts. This was to save on event space before we figured out how to remove the setup events

Nyzer

Quote from: Siniyatris on March 05, 2020, 05:58:54 pmFirst of all ty so much for this patch and i m a newbie for this patching things . i checked all pages and even i google it but i cant find the item list so i m very curious about is there a fomalhaut and how can i take a look items ?

None of the WotL only items were added. There's no existing item space, nor has anyone whipped up a functionality for an extra, separate equipment table (which is how it works in WotL, IIRC). On a related note, the Agrias' Birthday event was slightly rewritten because it now rewards a perfume instead of a lip rouge. If you want to see Mustadio awkwardly blurt out what he thinks about how Agrias smells, go check that out when you get that far.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jordan95

Quote from: Elric on March 05, 2020, 09:37:24 pmI could be mistaken, but if i recall correctly, the hint was just rolled into the text in the opening event before the bsttle starts. This was to save on event space before we figured out how to remove the setup events

Negative. It's not in there. I even searched all files for "open the floodgate" which should have found the file with that text wherever it is but I got zero results. There should have been a line for "How do I open the floodgate?".

So just seems to be straight up missing. Could definitely roll the text into that event like you said though and just add:
//Message x02
{font:08}{Ramza}{font:00}{br}
How do I open the floodgate?{br}
{br}
Probably by pulling{br}
the levers on both sides!{br}
{br}
I think I see them...but first{br}
I have to get there...{end}

I don't know enough about the actual Event Instructions you'd have to add in the file though.

Nyzer

It probably got lost along the way.

One could just add it in to Ramza's existing dialog... but if you wanted to simulate him saying it after the start of the battle without setting up a new event, you could ChangeStats his CT to +64 (so he gets the first turn), let the conditions roll across the screen, let everyone start walking, then focus the camera on him, stop his animation, have him say his line, resume his animation, and end the event.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Gordon_Ramza

Would it be possible to add both Ashley and Luso in 1 patch (making a new event to recruit one of them and removing either Boko or Malak to make room in the party)?
The fact there is a character named Beowulf and a family named Beoulve seems pretty stupid. It is not Ramza Beowulf or Beoulve Cadmus/Kadmas.

3lric

Quote from: Gordon_Ramza on April 04, 2020, 02:29:16 pmWould it be possible to add both Ashley and Luso in 1 patch (making a new event to recruit one of them and removing either Boko or Malak to make room in the party)?

Yes, you could do that. I wont, but yes, its doable.

yamigata

Will updating to a new version conflict with the save files I use in the previous version?

blood_falcon

@Elric Is the new version of Lion War can be played using PSX2PSP ? I am currently using my PSP to play as my PSX console already gone
  • Modding version: WotL

blood_falcon

@Elric and anyone. Is there any alternative to CDprog? I downloaded CDprog and my Windows 7 said it is a virus. I am okay with paid software too

Jumza

Quote from: blood_falcon on July 31, 2020, 01:13:57 am@Elric and anyone. Is there any alternative to CDprog? I downloaded CDprog and my Windows 7 said it is a virus. I am okay with paid software too

You can ignore this warning safely, but if it makes you more comfortable then you can use CDMage which can be downloaded on the site here: http://ffhacktics.com/w/images/6/68/CDmage.7z
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

blood_falcon

@Jumza I wish it was that simple. When I download CDprog, Windows deleted it automatically for me. I will try CDMage though

Oh yeah, another question. Have you tried to convert to eboot.pbp for psp usage?

Squaresoft

May we get a list of Ashley's Moveset formula?
I can see only the X & Y values in FFPatcher, formula 46 "NS" has no text.

LegaultCriez

So I basically just joined, been a fan of the original for a while and found out about the psp version a long while ago also but somehow even with the fix of the slowdown i still find myself cant keep playing the psp version even with all the cutscene and whatnot, cant figure out why. and then found about this when i decide to google about fft again.

before i went on a rant for too long, so ive look around, check the changelog and the main thread also the patch resource, so this is basically war of the lion but patched into the psx version correct?

I'm not exactly a perfectionist but i do want to know what is the extra content that in the psp version that is not manage to be added into this patch? Just wanna know if there is something on the psp version that i will feel missing out on, and forgive me if i missed it somewhere but does this make the party size into 24 from 16 like the psp version? And if its not can someone be kind enough to guide me if i can mod it myself, i have no single experience of modding apart from editing text/notepad which i dont think count as modding at all.

thanks in advance and apologize for the wall of text!

Sdub

So, i am attempting to use tactext to edit some name, classes, spells etc. At this time im having a hard time locating Rapha's class to change it to Skyseer. Currently under Heaven Knight, it has Balthier and Sky Pirate listed. Was just looking for some guidance. Or if you can direct me to somewhere i could get more help.

• Discord username: Sdub

Ansehelm

For best results, check out the Lion War Base Patch Resources thread and use the TLW-FFtext editor as per the instructions there to make your edits, then apply them with fftactext .457.  Some vanilla jobs like Rafa's have a duplicate - one as a guest, and one as a normal party member.  The sky pirate replaces one of those jobs, and all references to heaven knight are rerouted to the other job, so there will also be a job that reads "Heaven Knight" that you can rename.  If you're not sure which job with the same name refers to which character, the numbering in the FFtactext editor matches the numbering in Shishi, where you can see which sprite a job is associated with.