• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:24 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ALL THE CHOCOBOS

Started by Jon, January 15, 2012, 04:13:26 pm

Joseph Strife

The second version is the right one, i remember them from FF7, they were light green on body and dark green on legs, same goes for blue and gold.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I think the feather color is the dominant one.  Go check the chocobo races, to be sure.

Jon

So technically my blue and gold ones are correct? They both have darker legs, the green one has more or less identical legs to its body colors. Both are in FF7, one is the stable version(above ones), the other (below and big green) is the racing and over world version I think...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Leg color = feather color, often darker, sometimes with some brown thrown in.

Jon

Right now I'm honestly only 100% happy with the white and black chocobos. The first white one (that looks a tad gray in the darker areas) and the 2nd portrait seen nearly on all the sprite sheets. So all I should do is make the legs a bit darker on blue/green/gold? No problem, gonna post it soon or tomorrow.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Joseph Strife

i think you could simply make the body of the green and the bluen lighter, like the second pic. Light green and light bluen on the body and a little darker on the legs.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Joseph Strife on January 25, 2012, 07:06:19 pm
i think you could simply make the body of the green and the bluen lighter, like the second pic. Light green and light bluen on the body and a little darker on the legs.

Vanya

Quote from: Joseph Strife on January 25, 2012, 03:59:26 pm
The second version is the right one, i remember them from FF7, they were light green on body and dark green on legs, same goes for blue and gold.

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on January 25, 2012, 04:29:38 pm
I think the feather color is the dominant one.  Go check the chocobo races, to be sure.

Technically they're both correct. Both versions appear in the game in different places. The map, ranch, and race chocobos all use different models. I think the battle chickens use the same model as the ones on the ranch.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Vanya on January 25, 2012, 09:10:12 pm
Technically they're both correct. Both versions appear in the game in different places. The map, ranch, and race chocobos all use different models. I think the battle chickens use the same model as the ones on the ranch.

Yes, that's right, battle ones are the same as the ranch ones.

Mando

January 25, 2012, 10:12:25 pm #49 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:25:16 pm by Mando
Well, I'm by no means following "traditional colors" because to be quite honest I could care less about that. I do not think some colors will translate well period in terms of eye appeal.

Here is my version of the chocobo sprite recolored, started with blue. The colors are Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Black, and Red. The red portrait came out the worst, red is very hard to get correct and looking good... when it is the ONLY color.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Durbs

Quote from: Mando on January 25, 2012, 10:12:25 pm
Well, I'm by no means following "traditional colors" because to be quite honest I could care less about that. I do not think some colors will translate well period in terms of eye appeal.

Here is my version of the chocobo sprite recolored, started with blue. The colors are Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Black, and Red. The red portrait came out the worst, red is very hard to get correct and looking good... when it is the ONLY color.

Much better choice of blue. :mrgreen: Red is still... odd, but the others are nice.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

These are very nice Mando, tho the green is a bit to much Olive colored in my opinion. but the rest are great

Xifanie

I edited the red portrait a bit... it's just because you didn't aim to go "browner" for the darker reds mando.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mando

Fixed the red, added another version of the white. The second version of the white is a bit more silverish

Lijj

Figured I'd join in on the chocobo recoloring party:

Lijj

January 26, 2012, 02:35:13 am #56 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:50:19 am by Lijj
heheh. sorry but..

We needed a flamingo colored chocobo around here, there's no doubt about it.

Joseph Strife

So many chocobos, don't know where to start :?

@Mando
Yes, your chocobos are looking good, except for the green one, it looks to much olive, like elric said, try another green.

@Lijj
I liked them all, even that flamingo one XD, looks very professional, same goes for mando.

Mando

Ok here is the final one I've put together. Essentially I've merged some of mine and lijj's together. So that most of the colored chocobos would appear in one sheet. People can change the order themselves.

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown