• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:23 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Dark Knight and Onion Knight FFTEVGRP

Started by claris, March 19, 2011, 04:51:32 am

claris

can't find them both of them in Unit.bin and WLDFACE.bin? how to change their face and sprites in formation?

Wasabi

I don't think the current version of FFTEVGRP is capable enough to read the Unit.bin and WLDFACE.bin for Onion and Dark Knight for the WotL version, considering that the program was originally constructed for the PSX FFT version. I believe an update is in the process, but when it will be completed is still up in the air.

heiir

March 30, 2011, 02:58:43 pm #2 Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:45:48 pm by heiir
Quote from: Wasabi on March 21, 2011, 11:57:10 pm
I don't think the current version of FFTEVGRP is capable enough to read the Unit.bin and WLDFACE.bin for Onion and Dark Knight for the WotL version, considering that the program was originally constructed for the PSX FFT version. I believe an update is in the process, but when it will be completed is still up in the air.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. But you also can't alter the sprites for other main story characters such as Loffrey, Folmarv, etc. Which is a BUMMER :(

RandMuadDib

that's what shishi's is for. loffrey, folmarv etc. never appear in your formation screen so FFTEVGRP won't help you there.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Cheetah

The formation screen sprites of the new characters are in their own separate unnamed files in the giant random folder.
Current Projects:

heiir

Quote from: Cheetah on April 01, 2011, 10:58:22 am
The formation screen sprites of the new characters are in their own separate unnamed files in the giant random folder.

By "new" do you mean Special? And where is this at Cheetah? If you have an idea, I'd appreciate it.

Luiakyn

Really late, but could you give a little more info on that? I've been looking all over the forums for a way to edit the new characters. any way to open the new files? I'll soul crushingly look through each one for the right ones XD

Paheej

I searched the forum and googled information pertaining to this topic - however had not found an explanation.  Can anyone expand on this topic?

Timbo

Can anybody provide a link to this list? I've been waiting for PSP emulation to finish my patch and now that its possible I'm going to need to figure out how to edit these sprites.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Timbo

I've gotten as far as getting into the unknown folder. I know that the files are in fftpack.770 but I don't know how to open it. Does anybody know? I'm seriously desperate here. The dark knight formation sprite and portrait is the only thing standing between me and victory.

Luiakyn

Glad I'm not the only one interested in this! I have found -nothing- on this topic, however.

I really want to replace Luso, Balthier, Dark Knight, and Onion Knight >.>!

Timbo

The reason nobody is answering is because its not possible.

Luiakyn

A depressing reply :(

(Did you really find that to be the case, by the way? :( )

Angel

It's not that it's impossible, just that nobody knows how to accomplish it. Or if they do, they don't share.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Luiakyn

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I figured it was satire, but hey~ :) It's good to see this topic get some attention >: D
I'm looking into it right now, but I haven't found anything.

Holy Knight Wiegraf

Hey everyone !

I am trying to edit these 4 Portraits and Formation sprites, too. But i cannot. Is there any tool out there today which is capable of doing so ?
Or is there any other alternative ? I would like to make a Patch i like and share it when its done. But Luso, Balthier,Dark Knight and Onion Knight are 4 spaces i can use for custom characters.
And i dont want to miss these slots.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful