• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:54:34 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

Asmo X

Yeah nice. Much more interesting. Keep doing it this way

mav

Well done, man! Where were you when we were doing the human palettes? Hah. Great work though. Your blues are a bit much for my tastes, but color me impressed.

Xifanie

[attachment=0:38lzxjmy]Demon_Demo.png[/attachment:38lzxjmy]
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FFMaster

Those look pretty good. I'm guessing portraits aren't done yet, since all the demons except blue have red faces?

Here is a rough start on birds. Don't know how to get the portraits working properly. Tried tinkering with the script, but it didn't help.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Xifanie

fixed sprites are here:
http://zodiac.ffhacktics.com/Fixed_Sprite_Pals.7z

You would need to cut the bmp to 256x488 in order to display portrait palettes correctly.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FFMaster

What did you do? I ran into the same problem and need a fix for some monster palettes, like the birds, and Chocobos as well.

philsov

One thing Wizzy noticed, and I don't know if the error resides in Koko's input or the spritesheet themselves... but palettes 06 and 07 (yellow and brown) are defaulting to black in both cases.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

FFMaster

Which teams were they? I'll check it out myself. If it can't be fixed, you can use gameshark the palettes on the units, which was what I did for testing.

philsov

notably, koko's (he's primary 06 and secondary 07) -- dunno if there are earlier instances of this or not.

QuoteIf it can't be fixed, you can use gameshark the palettes on the units, which was what I did for testing.

Or just enjoy black teams until a black vs. black and force someone onto a different palette >_>

FFMaster

Seems to be working fine for me. Did you open the .gme and save it in FFTastic after generating the file?

Also, ignore the green bombs =p

PX_Timefordeath

Uhhh... Purple Palette is fucking up, what with Red Treasure Chests and Black Crystals, as shown in philsov vs mot0ko r1

philsov

QuoteDid you open the .gme and save it in FFTastic after generating the file?

Certainly.  But I'm using a ppf koko created, and in koko's own vid he has his people as black.  But if they're working fine in general, that's good to know :)

FFMaster

Also, before this thread gets flooded with box/crystal errors

It is because boxes/crystals don't have palettes for 5-7(purple, yellow, brown). If someone could tell me how to fix that, I would gladly do so. I can't find the sprites for boxes/crystals anywhere.

EDIT: Not sure why they are still black... check if the palette hack made by Zodiac is activated maybe?

Melancthon

Quote from: "philsov"One thing Wizzy noticed, and I don't know if the error resides in Koko's input or the spritesheet themselves... but palettes 06 and 07 (yellow and brown) are defaulting to black in both cases.

FFM, if you remember, I asked you to change my palettes to yellow and brown when I found out that a lot of people had chosen black and white.  When I saw that my units were black I just assumed that there was a mix-up somewhere.  I certainly don't mind black, as it was my first choice, but this may be an instance of what phil is talking about.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

philsov

Quotecheck if the palette hack made by Zodiac is activated maybe?

Link so I can know what to look for?

FFMaster

BATTLE.BIN
Quote0x00020B0C :
Number of maximum palettes that can be used. 08 recommended.

philsov

Bingo.

Set to 06.

Swapping over to 08 makes everything come out peachy.

[attachment=0:2wl9nwyz]bingo.PNG[/attachment:2wl9nwyz]

Archael

im really liking those ultima demons

ffta707

The yellow priests look awesome.

FFMaster

A few bugs seem to have appeared with the colour palettes. According to Kokojo, the game sometimes hangs when a unit grabs a crystal. This has happened twice for him, and once for me. It hasn't ever happened to me before, and only happened when I imported the sprites, so for now, I am suspecting that the palette hack is the main cause. Does anyone know if this happened in S3 as well?

On another note, does anyone know if we can make new palettes for Crystals/Boxes?