• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

Xifanie

I can't tell which is brown between the 2 green male archers
I can't tell brown for male geomancers either, they look like 2 whites (although  they're gray)
I don't like the yellow squire; looks too flashy.

This stuff is coming along well :)
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

mav

Oh shit, what happened to the brown male Geomancer? I'll fix the male Archers too. The green one certainly isn't green enough yet. The brown one can use duller shades for his pants. What do you suggest for the male Squire though? Oh and I'll try and get the .sprs and .BMPs for the female Thief and male Mime by Saturday. Busy week for me.

Xifanie

Just make yellow squire's armor less golden; Steel just like the others.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

mav

Alright, here are the female Thief and male Mime. That means...WE'RE DONE!! Well, with the initial creation and insertion of all the palettes. After this I'll be refining them based on feedback I get from community members (i.e. you, whoever is reading this post) and what I see in the videos. Thanks for all your patience, everyone. This was a huge undertaking and it wouldn't have been completed without the support and input from the community. Thank you a ton, folks; this one's for you.

I've also included the .shishi file, so feel free to open it up, apply it to your patch, test, and post screens. Once again, thanks, everyone. I'll try to create some zip files, if I can.

FFMaster

Awesome, thanks for all the work you have done!

I'll post some screenshots once I have some time.

EDIT:

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

mav

Hey, the Bards turned out better than I'd expected. Thanks for testing these, FFM. I'm glad the job's pretty much done for now.

FFMaster

Here we go again. Can you make the 8 palettes for the Archiac Demon/Ultima Demon. Same colours as before.

I may also ask for more, but that will come later. For now, these should be put on low priority.

EDIT: Here is a shitty attempt by me. I just tried the black and green palette.

mav

Those don't look shitty at all. I'll try and get to these some time this weekend.

FFMaster

Here is what I managed to do. Damn yellow... I can see why you complain about it so much now =p
Guess I'll leave it to the pros

Don't worry about finishing it soon though. This project is basically on hold until S4 finishes.

Asmo X

Do some palettes with more contrast between the gloves and body. Like palettes 2 and 3

Archael

they aren't bad

you should keep all their primary colors the same scheme (or similar) as an ultima / archaic

for example, for the green one, keep the outer skin a shade of black, the belly a shade of grey, and the horns / armbands green

that way you avoid having to paint the entire thing green which doesn't look very good

FFMaster

We now also need palettes for Squids, Morbols, Birds, Trees and Ghosts. I will try my hand at Squids, since they seem to be the easiest.

EDIT: Don't worry about pulling them out quickly, we don't really need them until after S4 (which will take months)

EDIT2: Probably the best I can do. Probably won't be able to do portraits... they look far more complicated...

FFMaster

Xifanie

dammit, learn to make scripts...

FFMaster

May do portraits later.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

FFMaster

Zaen

Very nice. I like how these are coming along.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Asmo X

New squids are fucking awesome. Try something similar with the other monsters if possible.

FFMaster