• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:02:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What kind of job should I be looking for?

Started by Dokurider, March 26, 2010, 08:01:55 pm

Dokurider

Basically, I need a job for some income, so I can really get started in life. I already know what I want to do, I just need some money for certification (and job experience as well). Fast food restaurants and the like in my area aren't hiring or don't want me. I know times are tough, but I don't want just sit around and wait for "the economy to pick up". What sort of jobs can I get into without an initial investment (ie, being certified in something)? I guess there's home-based jobs, but those reek of pyramid scheme and/or just don't look like they'd last long, plus I would have some issues with working at home. I tried going temp, but no one's hiring them, either. Currently, I'm considering getting an internship...somewhere. And of course, if all else fails, there's always the army...but I hope that doesn't lead to that.

Cheetah

Have you done any education past high school, like college or community college?
Current Projects:

Dokurider

Yes, I have. I was in vocation school for two years, didn't graduate (to my dismay).

Cheetah

Current Projects:

VampragonLord

hmm, without any specialization in a field your only options are squire and chemist.....
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kaijyuu

• Modding version: PSX

Vanya

I thought you got Level 1 Squire by default.
Go with chemist, dude. Drugs are good for quick cash.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Archael

what is vocation school? that comes after highschool right?

Kaijyuu

Quote from: "Vanya"I thought you got Level 1 Squire by default.
Hrm, perhaps you're right. I have throw stone, but not gained JP up or anything.

Wish I could learn accumulate. Exercise by grimacing.

DarthPaul

Quote from: "Voldemort"what is vocation school? that comes after highschool right?

A vocational school is like college but with a stricter focus. For example, if you want to be a nurse you take strictly nursing classes. No advanced Languages, or Maths.

I say go for online while your searching. There are plenty of tentative opportunities.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Dokurider

Quote from: "Zodiac"Start your own business.

Thought about doing that, and I do have some ideas (okay, one) for a business, but my grandparents would not approve of "such tomfoolery". In fact, they've losing their patience with me, and getting kicked out the house is becoming a real possibility.

Quote from: "Voldemort"what is vocation school? that comes after highschool right?

Sort of. Vocation school is type of college that prepares you for a job. Unfortunately, in my case, it does not really qualify you for a job, it just really looks good to potential employees. If I had some understanding with my grandparents, I wouldn't have even gone to vocation school. I knew I was burnt out from High School and I should just taken the year off and got a job while the economy was still good, but I was pushed pretty hard to do it. Even then, I had people looking at me incredulously for going to a vocation college and not some lofty 4 year school. Oh well, life goes on.

If things keep going the way it's going, I might just end up going to military and being a Squire IRL. Hopefully, I can switch to Chemist and level up to Calculator, or at least Summoner.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "Dokurider"If things keep going the way it's going, I might just end up going to military and being a Squire IRL. Hopefully, I can switch to Chemist and level up to Calculator, or at least Summoner.

I heard that A-10 is learn-on-hit only like Zodiac, though, and I'm pretty sure it bypasses both Shell and Magic DefenseUP.  You'll be stuck with nothing but the Medic Summon for a long time if you decide on that route.

Archael

dokurider, with the way things are currently, i think getting a degree is the best option (possibly even a masters)

if you have a place to live, studying right now is the best thing u can do

internship 2nd

this generation is just too big with A TON of college graduates, and a TON of qualified people for the few jobs we have

nowadays, every1 and their dog has a college degree, it doesnt mean much anymore

Dokurider

Quote from: "Voldemort"dokurider, with the way things are currently, i think getting a degree is the best option (possibly even a masters)

if you have a place to live, studying right now is the best thing u can do

internship 2nd

this generation is just too big with A TON of college graduates, and a TON of qualified people for the few jobs we have

nowadays, every1 and their dog has a college degree, it doesnt mean much anymore

That's good advice but, my home is starting to get hostile toward me, so studying for 2 or 4 more years is certainly not an option, not now anyways. I need a income, now, so I can move out and really start my life.

Archael

then you need to shoot for the highest possible income, now

whatever it is

Dokurider

Quote from: "Voldemort"then you need to shoot for the highest possible income, now

whatever it is

Actually, you just gave me an idea. Instead of trying out for jobs anyone can get, I should be looking for jobs that you need a piece of paper that says I'm certified to do this job...job, that otherwise, anyone can do. Something with certification that's easy to pass. Looking into it now.

VampragonLord

go into prostitution like i did, you wont regret it.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~